The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what's a spring week?
Reply 1721
Original post by christykai1049
what's a spring week?

When you go abroad and holiday in spring time for a week.
Reply 1722
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Agreed on 480.

hey - did u get into jp or still waiting?
Original post by christykai1049
what's a spring week?

Isn't it self-explanatory?

It's a special week in the spring, where all us fortunate nerds get together in canary wharf in suits in what will be our initiation as corporate whores into the big wide world of finance.

:u:
Original post by LawQC
hey - did u get into jp or still waiting?

Hey, sadly no! Got rejected yesterday, quite puzzled because it's one of my stronger applications. But you win some you lose some...or lose most in the case of spring weeks.

You have an interview right? Hope that goes well!
Reply 1725
Hello i'm new here, i'm french and i'm currently in my first year of a French business school.
Do you think that it's possible for non-uk students to get a spring week programme?

Thank you
Reply 1726
Isn't it self-explanatory?

It's a special week in the spring, where all us fortunate nerds get together in canary wharf in suits in what will be our initiation as corporate whores into the big wide world of finance.

:u:

I prefer to be called a corporate slut, thank you very much.

:colone:
Original post by speedbird
Don't lie -- you read that on M&I

...No, I didn't.
Original post by thecodman

Guys very quickly anyone knows how to calculate ucas points?? need to do this for credit suisse. I got AAAA at AS, dropped one and carried on with the rest three, got A*A*A* at A2. So how many ucas points would i have??? any help is appreciated :smile:

Merry Xmas whey!!

One A* is worth 140 UCAS points.

140 times 3 is 420 :smile:

Your A at AS is worth 60 points.
Some people who got CS interviews applied very recently (past weeks or two). I applied about 3 weeks ago. You reckon it's worth calling up and asking HR about the application and how its progressing?
Original post by Mickou
Hello i'm new here, i'm french and i'm currently in my first year of a French business school.
Do you think that it's possible for non-uk students to get a spring week programme?

Thank you

Yes ofcourse, I have an offer, and im not a UK student.
Reply 1731
Guys very quickly anyone knows how to calculate ucas points?? need to do this for credit suisse. I got AAAA at AS, dropped one and carried on with the rest three, got A*A*A* at A2. So how many ucas points would i have??? any help is appreciated :smile:

Merry Xmas whey!!

A*= 140 points
A = 120 points
B = 100 points
Reply 1732
Hey, sadly no! Got rejected yesterday, quite puzzled because it's one of my stronger applications. But you win some you lose some...or lose most in the case of spring weeks.

You have an interview right? Hope that goes well!

hey no worries - u will probs get into at least 1.

Ye i have interview - but am not confident at all lolz
Reply 1733
Original post by M.R.
Is it less than ideal to not put down gcses and as levels in the cv? Cv is currently two pages with them

CV MUST!!!! be one page only. I've heard 2 page CVs don't get looked at.
Original post by LawQC

congrats :smile: may i ask where u study and what course you doing??
Original post by LawQC

Hopefully!
I'm sure you'll do good, you've done well enough to get an interview so you're obviously a good applicant. That great post a user posted in reply to your question about interview preparation is top stuff, great advice. If you have that covered you'll be fine.
Original post by barrebarro
Yes ofcourse, I have an offer, and im not a UK student.

Offer for what?
Hopefully!
I'm sure you'll do good, you've done well enough to get an interview so you're obviously a good applicant. That great post a user posted in reply to your question about interview preparation is top stuff, great advice. If you have that covered you'll be fine.

i don't think they'll be technical questions at this level though?
Original post by sportycricketer
i don't think they'll be technical questions at this level though?

I think it depends. From what I've been told, if you mention something technical in your CV e.g. you follow a particular market, commodities, currencies etc. in your interests or you have done work experience which involved doing something technical then I think it opens the floor for them to grill you on it.

But in general they do see it as an intro to IB and there are loads of applicants who have only started their interest in finance so not often overly technical.

...we should hope!
I thought there was no point in putting down GCSE's on a CV when applying for spring weeks/internships? Or maybe it is better to just put down x number of gcses at A*-C including English and Maths?
(edited 12 years ago)