The Student Room Group

TSR Best Dressed Christmas Tree Competition - winners announced!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by FallonSmith
Loving all the wonderful Christmas trees on this thread! I really wanted to get a white or pink coloured one this year but decided traditional is best :smile: There's quite a few baubles on there but I think the cute bows make it look rather pretty. Just curious as to whether you guys put a star at the top of your tree or an angel. We have alternated it year by year. Here's our tree. Hope you like it.

thats the best tree i've ever seen!!!!!!!!!
I know, I know, its a lot but its so darn pretty and the pics just dont do it justice. To be fair there were like 7 times as many originally..

Full Pics

Spoiler

Close Ups

Spoiler

My favourite is probably
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by s04582
thats the best tree i've ever seen!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin: glad you like it!
Original post by Jennie1987
I know, I know, its a lot but its so darn pretty and the pics just dont do it justice. To be fair there were like 7 times as many originally..

Full Pics

Spoiler

Close Ups

Spoiler

My favourite is probably

They don't load on my laptop?

They don't load on my laptop?

Try to go to my albums on my profile, theyve loaded on my laptop and iPhone.
my Christmas tree looks quite skinny :frown: but its very colourful!
Original post by Jennie1987

Full Pics

Spoiler

Close Ups

Spoiler

My favourite is probably

That's beautiful! :h: I love the angel :angelblush:

Original post by calamitysarah
my Christmas tree looks quite skinny :frown: but its very colourful!

I love it :biggrin: Very pretty. A tree might look skinny, or it might look old and falling apart (like mine :lol: ) but if you decorate it nice and put lots of effort in, it can still look amazing :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sazzy890

Original post by Sazzy890
That's beautiful! :h: I love the angel :angelblush:

Thanks! Its been my mum's forever and Ive never seen one as pretty/angelic looking - theyre all cartoonish/scary now. I just hate that the pics dont really show how pretty it is with all the lights on different layers near the middle as well and all sparkly and full of different baubles...oh well only so much you can do
Reply 208
Mine :biggrin: This gets me in the Christmas spirit!! Also, just found another box of decorations today :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I'm loving all the pictures, I'll get a pick of mine up asap :biggrin:

We never have a 'proper' christmas tree, it's just a weird tradition/habit in our family. We normally use whatever plant we have around the house and stick some tinsel on it, but this year we bought a new little plant to use :h: You can't see the lights very well, but there are red LEDs on the tree and white/blue LED stars around the bottom. :redface:
This year my family has two trees one in the dining room and one in the lounge. Neither set of photos has come out briliantly but I still love them. We have varied decorations from many different decades that all come together to make a rather interesting (to me at least) tree.
Here is my christmas tree :grin:

I love it because it has so much history! It is fake, but it has been our christmas tree since my Mum was 10 (so 52 years- yup she's pretty old!).

This random ugly santa is especially dear to us. It has a lovely story behind it: my Auntie was a baby during the war (born 1940) and on the christmas eve of her first Christmas, this was put into her pram (left outside a shop when my Granny went in with the baby). They never found out who by, but it’s clearly handmade and was such a wonderfully Christmassy thing to do!

And this is the angel that was on the tree when Mum was a child. It used to go on ours but I was a little scared of it (:grin: ) so for my fifth birthday my main Christmas present was the gorgeous Angel now at the top. The bauble next to it unfortunately disintegrated 3 years ago but we keep it near the tree each year for tradition's sake. It was on my Grandad's christmas tree before he was born - and he was born in 1906, so that's one very old bauble!

And possibly the star of the show… it’s a Molly Weasley Christmas jumper! This bauble is a Christmas present to my friend, who I met via TSR (seriously, the reason I love this site so much is the number of amazing people I’ve met in particular this girl, who is now one of my closest friends. Thanks TSR!). Unfortunately it only arrived today so can’t get to hers for Christmas, so I am keeping it on the tree til we can post it. (The colours are for Ravenclaw and the initial for her first name btw).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kalliope

Original post by Kalliope
Here is my christmas tree :grin:

I love it because it has so much history! It is fake, but it has been our christmas tree since my Mum was 10 (so 52 years- yup she's pretty old!).

This random ugly santa is especially dear to us. It has a lovely story behind it: my Auntie was a baby during the war (born 1940) and on the christmas eve of her first Christmas, this was put into her pram (left outside a shop when my Granny went in with the baby). They never found out who by, but it’s clearly handmade and was such a wonderfully Christmassy thing to do!

And this is the angel that was on the tree when Mum was a child. It used to go on ours but I was a little scared of it (:grin: ) so for my fifth birthday my main Christmas present was the gorgeous Angel not at the top. The bauble next to it unfortunately disintegrated 3 years ago but we keep it near the tree each year for tradition's sake. It was on my Grandad's christmas tree before he was born - and he was born in 1906, so that's one very old bauble!

And possibly the star of the show… it’s a Molly Weasley Christmas jumper! This bauble is a Christmas present to my friend, who I met via TSR (seriously, the reason I love this site so much is the number of amazing people I’ve met in particular this girl, who is now one of my closest friends. Thanks TSR!). Unfortunately it only arrived today so can’t get to hers for Christmas, so I am keeping it on the tree til we can post it. (The colours are for Ravenclaw and the initial for her first name btw).

Amazing jumper :yep:
Very cool tree - did you see mine of Sirius Black and White perched precariously at the top? :facepalm:
My parents tree :smile:

Forgot to change the focus on my cam... but looks nice

...there we go

Guardian of the presents

My brother still hasn't even wrapped his presents :colonhash: and most others aren't actually under the tree, oh well cba to wait :tongue:
Our tree, which was bought/put up today :mmm:

It smells lovely though! :h:
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Our tree, which was bought/put up today :mmm:

It smells lovely though! :h:

There's nothing quite like the smell of a pine tree. Ours has really started to smell in past few days, gorgeous every time I walk past it!
Reply 217

:redface:
Original post by ohdrama

Original post by ohdrama

Why :o: ? It's a beautiful tree! :yep:
Original post by ohdrama

Original post by ohdrama

I like that :yy:

I really love the simple but effective look on real trees :yep:

Quick Reply