The Student Room Group

Cambridge Applicants Game 2012

I have took it upon myself to be the host of the 2012 Cambridge Applicant Game.

It's just a fun little game, make time pass quicker and we can all support each other in a different sort of way!

The object of the game is to best predict who will get a Cambridge offer this year.

The rules:

You must send me your prediction for 5 people who will get offers through a private message.

I will then send you a number that I have assigned to you. Your number, along with your choices will then be added to this main post (with your identity kept secret).

The winner is chosen by being the person with the most correct guesses.

I would like everyone, as a twist to the game, to add a 'kicker' (basically, a 6th choice which will be kept completely anonymous from everyone but me) in case people tie and get 5 out of 5 correct. If even after kicker, it is tied then we will split the 'loot'.

Whoever wins must be +repped by every person who has entered the game, as a prize.

If any clarity is needed, please comment on this or write me a PM. I will be spoilering the choices for anyone who doesn't want to see.

I will also be taking part by entering my entry in at some random number when the time comes.

Entries:

Spoiler

List of which people got how many votes:

Spoiler

Right, good luck and start submitting entries! ENTRIES CLOSE AT 23:59:59 GMT on the 27th December 2011!
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MickyFlanagan
You're certainly living up to the statement "people on student room have no life." :yy:

What and the Imperial student clicking on a Cambridge thread on TSR after midnight is just the height of cool, right?
Reply 2
Erghhh, if you don't like it gtfo and don't spam the thread

Original post by MickyFlanagan
You're certainly living up to the statement "people on student room have no life." :yy:

Original post by hassi94
What and the Imperial student clicking on a Cambridge thread on TSR after midnight is just the height of cool, right?

Also just quickly. Do we send you 6 choices then or 5?
Original post by Sadsnail

Also just quickly. Do we send you 6 choices then or 5?

6, but there are 5 main choices and 1 back up. Make sure you tell me which is the back up choice :smile:
Reply 4
wait so we can choose any of this years applicants??
Original post by kurovalte
wait so we can choose any of this years applicants??

Yep. 5 of them you think will get an offer, and an extra which you're maybe not as confident with just in case (I'm keeping the last one private as to not hurt feelings etc.)
Nice set of rules, I like the kicker :smile: I'm in, but I'll decide who to pick on later. Merry Christmas to all, I'm off for some sleep before I get drunk and fat :thumbsup: night!
I suppose I'll enter at some point...merry christmas everyone !!!
Reply 8
I will as well! Decide tomorrow maybe - classic boxing day time wasting activity :smile:
A real abundance of entries here:biggrin:
Original post by ben-smith

Hopefully there's gonna be more than just me :tongue: or he hasn't updated it yet? Come on people, I wanna win against more than 0 of you :biggrin:
Reply 11
I will enter as well, except i don't really know anyone apart from maths people so its mainly going to be randomly chosen.
Original post by Xero Xenith
Hopefully there's gonna be more than just me :tongue: or he hasn't updated it yet? Come on people, I wanna win against more than 0 of you :biggrin:

:ninja:
Reply 13

Hasn't updated it :tongue:
Entered :smile: Should be interesting to see :tongue:
Will enter by the end of today :smile:
Original post by ben-smith

As Tateco said :smile: I will be updating it with all entries after they're closed (midnight tomorrow night). Don't want to put all the entries up, only for one more person to be added and posting 'entered' on this thread, otherwise it gets a little too obvious haha :tongue:

Original post by Tateco
Hasn't updated it :tongue:
totally entering cos I'm so cool

why was that negged? strange people
(edited 12 years ago)
This makes me feel nervous.

I'll enter though :-)
I know that there are at least 20 entrants, including the poster directly above me, assuming the op has used a logical counting system :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest