The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

. . . .What was the point of that episode? Other than the Doctor realising he can cry when he's happy :dry:
Original post by LastLordofTime
So disappointed with it...

I'm not going to be reading spoilers for the next year, so I probably wont be around until the series starts. I'm just no longer excited by the programme.

I feel the same way about the show. Episode 13 did it for me personally.
I'm not done with the programme, but not really bothered about it.

I dunno what it was, but I was always excited during the RTD era.
...to echo the sentiments of those above me... that was a bit crap. Just don't enjoy Moffat's DW very much any more, it tries to be clever but ends up tying itself in knots, and the characters have all become cliched versions of themselves and... blah :frown: Long live RTD!

Also a complete cop-out where

Spoiler

Also also,

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
It was passable I'd say, but I suppose I'm only saying that because it's Christmas. For me at least, Moffat's DW has become a bit too sentimental... I loved Series 5 (Smith's first series), probably watched that the most out of the new Dr Who series, but the latest series has just been a bit too....mushy I think is the right word, mostly due to River.

Honestly, I can't see why they're dragging Amy & Rory back in either just to either kill or knock them off again mid-series... the ending of Series 6 was a perfectly acceptible way to leave them, after which you could have had the Doctor travelling alone for 1/4,1/3 or even possibly 1/2 of the next series, finally meeting a new companion in the middle of Series 7 - a bit like Tennant's Doctor wandering alone after leaving Donna in the Specials untill he regenerates into Smith and meets Amy...except there's not regeneration.

Must admit though, loved the Doctor's repairs of the mansion... especially how he sacrificed the kid's beds in their bedroom for more cool stuff :biggrin:
Reply 7225
Original post by Colonel.

Same. For me, every time it was near Christmas and Doctor Who was on I was extremely excited and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Now, with Moffat and Smith I'm not excited anymore, I just tolerate it. I loved Tennant because every so often, he would say something or do something on screen which would give me goosebumps and I don't get that any more with Smith.
Lord Digory (Chronicles of Narnia): "It's all in Plato, all in Plato. Bless, what do they teach them at these schools?"

The Doctor: "Time moves differently across the dimensional planes. What do they teach you in schools these days?"
I thought series 5 was fantastic, but series 6 has underwhelmed me. Particularly the latter half of the series. I'm still in love with S6E4 though. :love:

I enjoyed the Christmas special, but the whole 'walking through the forest' stuff was too dragged out, in my opinion. Not enough going on for such a long arc.
Reply 7228
I really don't know what has happened to DW. Everything has been dumbed down and seems to have no concept of what it wants to do. The monologues and long speeches are just nonsense without a point. I am also suprised that nobody had mentioned how abject the special effects were in the last episode.
Oh wow. Yeah. Him falling out of the spaceship was terrible. That was the biggest glaring error in the SFX.
The snowflakes and "stars" going in to the mother were terrible too XD
Am I the only one that didn't find that girl hot?
Reply 7232
The chairs spinning was absolutely terrible as well. I don't know how the person in charge of the effects is still in a job.

Moffat has created a childish world that borders on pre-school manic, where there is a lot going on but absolutely nothing happening.
Reply 7233
She looked excessively hairy tbph but she looks quite attractive in pictures.
Lemonade tap as well? Like why?
I thought the xmas special was okay, not the best though, can't wait for the new series! but my sister says Matt Smith is leaving after series 7? that true?
Original post by Colonel.

I agree, I only saw half of the episode and wasn't that impressed. If that happened during a series 4 episode, I would wait until in went onto i-player and watch it twice, it isn't as good.
Original post by Mess.
I really don't know what has happened to DW. Everything has been dumbed down and seems to have no concept of what it wants to do. The monologues and long speeches are just nonsense without a point. I am also surprised that nobody had mentioned how abject the special effects were in the last episode.

Very true :no:
Yeah, I saw that. Don't really get that rating at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending