The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hogwartz
Your dads works in a kebab shop :eek:
Guy's guy's we got a true turkish here!!! :adore:

Go to the front page, and there should be a link leading you to join the society.

aha yeah man! i work there aswell enet :wink: andddd salak olmak istemiyorum ama... how do i join the society? step by step instructions pleaseee :smile:
Reply 561
Original post by ibs137
yehh you can do that.. if you wanna die of a heart attack.. :indiff:

seing as you're a turkish girl why dont you head over to the kitchen and make us the aforementioned kebabs?? :smile:

yaw nedememi istiyon be kizim?

What is cultural food with out the riskyness to it, knowing that you could die, just wow! Its like reverse psychology, it makes you want to eat it more :eek:

:eek: I'm a modernised Turkish girl :no: Therefore, i am not a domestic housewife.
But guys don't seem to have changed, they're still fat and lazy. :biggrin:

....i don't know any turkish language :colondollar:
Something like...daughter to be....
Reply 562
Original post by imasupercoolgeek

aha yeah man! i work there aswell enet :wink: andddd salak olmak istemiyorum ama... how do i join the society? step by step instructions pleaseee :smile:

Discounts the next time i visit, or else :colone:
I'm not sure :confused:
Ask another guy, because i'm new here as well :colondollar:
Also translation please....
Reply 563
Anyways, i don't have turkey, i have Chicken, FTW :drool:

Are there variations of the Turkish language btw?

Protein :colone:

Yeah, there is..sorta. I know Turkish-Kurdish people have different variations. There's more variations in the east of Turkey.

Turkish-Cypriots also have a different Turkish style/language.
Reply 564
Original post by Akkuz
Protein :colone:

Yeah, there is..sorta. I know Turkish-Kurdish people have different variations. There's more variations in the east of Turkey.

Turkish-Cypriots also have a different Turkish style/language.

Meaty person = Feisty person :perv:

I'm from east of turkey! :smile:
Wbu?
Reply 565
What is cultural food with out the riskyness to it, knowing that you could die, just wow! Its like reverse psychology, it makes you want to eat it more :eek:

:eek: I'm a modernised Turkish girl :no: Therefore, i am not a domestic housewife.
But guys don't seem to have changed, they're still fat and lazy. :biggrin:

....i don't know any turkish language :colondollar:
Something like...daughter to be....

LOOL you dont know any turkishh?!! :gasp: bruv you aint no real turk!! get off my lawn!
Oh trust me i do :colone:
Two can play that game honey.
I'm going to make him change, it's going to be my goal :wink:

:wtf: Why do I suddenly feel like I've been teleported into some chick flick?

(by the way, i dont know the language, so i dont know exactly what i'm going to argue!) :redface:

It doesn't matter, we speak English here and add in the odd Turkish word every now and then. Mainly insults. :tongue:
Reply 567
Original post by bbikim
Wait, you don't speak Turkish?! Then your not a true Turk!! And I said "don't want to sound like an idiot" and the latter half of the sentence is in English :smile:

Original post by ibs137
LOOL you dont know any turkishh?!! :gasp: bruv you aint no real turk!! get off my lawn!

Funny how both the guys, are absolutely offended that i can't speak turkish, and the female is trying to console me. You guys are just not very empathetic! :no:

But i seriously don't know any at all.

Original post by hollywoodbudgie
:wtf: Why do I suddenly feel like I've been teleported into some chick flick?

It doesn't matter, we speak English here and add in the odd Turkish word every now and then. Mainly insults. :tongue:

LOL, because of me :colone:

Thankyou for the SUPPORT!!!!!!!! unlike some other people!:wink:
guysss... i know Kurdish aswell :smile: and is anyone here from the UK by any chance?
Original post by ibs137
seing as you're a turkish girl why dont you head over to the kitchen and make us the aforementioned kebabs?? :smile: ?

:hmmm:

She's new so kızım you should make it for us :smile:
Reply 570
Meaty person = Feisty person :perv:

I'm from east of turkey! :smile:
Wbu?

That makes me sound like a dominoes pizza. :colone:

Originate from the east but spend 99.5% of my time in Turkey in Izmir and Istanbul :love:
Reply 571
Funny how both the guys, are absolutely offended that i can't speak turkish, and the female is trying to console me. You guys are just not very empathetic! :no:

But i seriously don't know any at all.

well you know us Turks are very patriotic, proud people and your lack of knowledge of the Turkish language has disappointed me to say the least..

how comes you dont know any?? you werent raised by monkeys in a jungle were you? :eyeball:
Reply 572
:hmmm:

She's new so kızım you should make it for us :smile:

Exactly.. Newbies gotta learn the rules around here init.. Take the new girl with you to the kitchen and prepare a ziyafet for us initt thank youuu budgie hanim.
Discounts the next time i visit, or else :colone:
I'm not sure :confused:
Ask another guy, because i'm new here as well :colondollar:
Also translation please....

OMG! as if you cant speak turkish! where you from?
Reply 574
Original post by ibs137
well you know us Turks are very patriotic, proud people and your lack of knowledge of the Turkish language has disappointed me to say the least..

how comes you dont know any?? you werent raised by monkeys in a jungle were you? :eyeball:

Well you need to be slightly more understanding, rather than insulting and understand the situation :frown:

Both my parents are not fluent speakers either, and i speak english to them both and they speak back, my grandma can speak it though. :yep:

Original post by Akkuz
That makes me sound like a dominoes pizza. :colone:

Originate from the east but spend 99.5% of my time in Turkey in Izmir and Istanbul :love:

Lol, dominoes is the worst for pizza's Turkish restauraunts are ftw! :awesome:

Thats cool, but how come?
Reply 575
Original post by imasupercoolgeek
OMG! as if you cant speak turkish! where you from?

England :colondollar:
You?
Original post by ibs137
Exactly.. Newbies gotta learn the rules around here init.. Take the new girl with you to the kitchen and prepare a ziyafet for us initt thank youuu budgie hanim.

Me & Newbie will open a restaurant then and charge £100,000 for a Ziyafet Sofrası. Thank you for preordering :biggrin:
Reply 577
Thats cool, but how come?

Istanbul is just an insanely amazing city.

And Izmir side, is where the great beaches are at. :cool:

I've never lived in Turkey permanently but I'm hoping to move soon, on my own. :puppyeyes:
Reply 578
Well you need to be slightly more understanding, rather than insulting and understand the situation :frown:

Both my parents are not fluent speakers either, and i speak english to them both and they speak back, my grandma can speak it though. :yep:

i see... then you need to head over to your grandmas house wearing your Red Riding Hood and get her to teach you some turkish initt
Reply 579
Me & Newbie will open a restaurant then and charge £100,000 for a Ziyafet Sofrası. Thank you for preordering :biggrin:

lol manyak! i didnt order nuting! i meant free you knoww! hani turkler eli acik olurlar ya?!

Quick Reply

Latest