The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by ibs137
cool! me too! living in istanbul was so fun! :biggrin:

Not to mention, the ladies in Istanbul :sexface:

Just outta interest, which company did you intern at?
Reply 601
Original post by Akkuz
The only disadvantage is..missing people :frown:

Oh well, you can make some new friends, if we always stayed behind for 'friends' we would get no where in life, and i hope you achieve what you've always wanted to. :wink:

Original post by ibs137
can you?! the turkish moves as well yeh? with the handkerchief and everything?

lol well yehh i cant dance... :puppyeyes:

oi you're meant to be a good turkish girl.. :colonhash:

:eek: What hankerchief.....
You need to-just watch crouches video of doing the robot! And just do that routine lol..

I'm sure you're a bad boy as well :colone:
Reply 602
Original post by Hogwartz
Oh well, you can make some new friends, if we always stayed behind for 'friends' we would get no where in life

This is true but it must be so difficult starting a whole new life, on your own in a new country?
Reply 603
Original post by Akkuz
This is true but it must be so difficult starting a whole new life, on your own in a new country?

For you yes, i'm still staying in my country, and i'm not really a strong individual to move to another country independantly but there are some other types who can do this. And i'm sure you can :smile: Obviously at first it'll be difficult for you, but then later on you'll just adapt to it, and get used to of it.
Reply 604
For you yes, i'm still staying in my country, and i'm not really a strong individual to move to another country independantly but there are some other types who can do this. And i'm sure you can :smile: Obviously at first it'll be difficult for you, but then later on you'll just adapt to it, and get used to of it.

I need an Istanbul-survival kit. :awesome:

Everyone else has vanished. The next post in this thread will probably be in around 3 months time :moon:
Reply 605
Original post by Akkuz
Not to mention, the ladies in Istanbul :sexface:

Just outta interest, which company did you intern at?

haha yepp omgg! too many fitties! :dice:

Calik holding wbu?
Reply 606
Original post by Akkuz
I need an Istanbul-survival kit. :awesome:

Everyone else has vanished. The next post in this thread will probably be in around 3 months time :moon:

Yep, you do indeed :yep: It's a war zone out there :ninja:

:eek: I know right, do they have like a 5 minutes social side, and then they can't take no more, i can talk for ages me! :biggrin:

:frown:You guys need to keep this place alive! Chat chat chat, i'd say the only Soc's that do well is the Hip-hop and Pakistani, can t think of anymore really.

So what you studying at university then? :smile:
Reply 607
Original post by ibs137
haha yepp omgg! too many fitties! :dice:

Calik holding wbu?

I must say though, I did find one or two wifey potentials when I was there :sexface:

Nice. I've never heard of them, but will check it out now. What did you do there?

I was at THY. I mainly did management, some consultancy and marketing activities.
Reply 608

:eek: What hankerchief.....
You need to-just watch crouches video of doing the robot! And just do that routine lol..

I'm sure you're a bad boy as well :colone:

yehh handerchief like this init

noo i'm good boy :angel:
Reply 609
Original post by Akkuz
I must say though, I did find one or two wifey potentials when I was there :sexface:

Nice. I've never heard of them, but will check it out now. What did you do there?

I was at THY. I mainly did management, some consultancy and marketing activities.

ohh you should wifey them both :colone:

THY? cool! Well i'm studying computer science at uni, so I was in that firm's IT department.. Just did computery stuff u know! :P
Reply 610
Original post by ibs137
yehh handerchief like this init

noo i'm good boy :angel:

Wow, i've never seen such a thing, love the culture there, and the drums. It's these sorts of things that make me want to visit my homeland one day. :smile:

But the hankerchiefs and hoppin :lolwut: But still cool though, can't believe i'm missing out!
So do girls do this as well?

I'm sure you are Mr. Mishchievious :devil:
Reply 611
Yep, you do indeed :yep: It's a war zone out there :ninja:

:eek: I know right, do they have like a 5 minutes social side, and then they can't take no more, i can talk for ages me! :biggrin:

:frown:You guys need to keep this place alive! Chat chat chat, i'd say the only Soc's that do well is the Hip-hop and Pakistani, can t think of anymore really.

So what you studying at university then? :smile:

I'd say Istanbul is more EU-esque than a middle east war zone haha. Very modern city now. International Business. Yourself?
Reply 612
Original post by ibs137

LOOOOOOOOL

Original post by ibs137
should wifey them both :colone:

THY? cool! Well i'm studying computer science at uni, so I was in that firm's IT department.. Just did computery stuff u know! :P

One of them is solid wifey material. I shall pursue it when the time is right :colone:

Ahh sweet. Calik Holding suited your needs well then. You should attempt to try and get into Google, Istanbul. I hear they're office in Istanbul is cool.

I want to head back to THY full-time or management/strategy consultancy at one of the big consultancy firms.

Trust me, the graduate salary's for top EU/US students in Turkey is insane. :colone: I won't say it here on TSR though.
Reply 613
Original post by Akkuz
I'd say Istanbul is more EU-esque than a middle east war zone haha. Very modern city now. International Business. Yourself?

True. I'm at applying for university next year and will be doing law hopefully.
How you finding it, are you in your first year, i bet partying all day eh :colone:
Reply 614
True. I'm at applying for university next year and will be doing law hopefully.
How you finding it, are you in your first year, i bet partying all day eh :colone:

Sweet. Law's a tough subject :tongue: Final year..I'm reading academic journals all day long :colone:
Reply 615
Original post by Akkuz
Sweet. Law's a tough subject :tongue: Final year..I'm reading academic journals all day long :colone:

Sure is, but i can handle it. :wink:
Lol, final year is the hardest year, so you better put your head down!
Can i ask, what you mean by 'academic journels' why do you need to read them?
Reply 616
Sure is, but i can handle it. :wink:
Lol, final year is the hardest year, so you better put your head down!
Can i ask, what you mean by 'academic journels' why do you need to read them?

Yep it is hard. My masters will be even harder, GAHH!

Journals are just academic pieces of writing (typically research) released by academics worldwide.

Every field of study will have its own respective Journals.
Reply 617
Original post by Akkuz
Yep it is hard. My masters will be even harder, GAHH!

Journals are just academic pieces of writing (typically research) released by academics worldwide.

Every field of study will have its own respective Journals.

You're doing masters as well :eek:
Well having a 3year degree is pretty much 'average' now. Look at how developed this country is now, a decade ago one person out of 30 used to get graduated, and it held so much prestige! :cool:

And do you just do like a meta-analysis of these, and revise them and it'll come up in exams?
Reply 618
You're doing masters as well :eek:
Well having a 3year degree is pretty much 'average' now. Look at how developed this country is now, a decade ago one person out of 30 used to get graduated, and it held so much prestige! :cool:

And do you just do like a meta-analysis of these, and revise them and it'll come up in exams?

Yep (it's in my signature).

Indeed. Having just a degree, isn't enough nowadays.

I use them primarily to write assignments not exams. Essays need solid academic sourcing.
Reply 619
Original post by Akkuz
Yep (it's in my signature).

Indeed. Having just a degree, isn't enough nowadays.

I use them primarily to write assignments not exams. Essays need solid academic sourcing.

How come i can't see your signature, there is no drop down thing..:s-smilie:
Oh gosh, you're scaring me, it seems very hard. I'm very much used to of using one book to give me all the knowledge, but university is pretty much gathering and fishing for some informations...:eek:

Are there any other methods apart from reading academic journals?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending