The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by Hogwartz
How come i can't see your signature, there is no drop down thing..:s-smilie:
Oh gosh, you're scaring me, it seems very hard. I'm very much used to of using one book to give me all the knowledge, but university is pretty much gathering and fishing for some informations...:eek:

Are there any other methods apart from reading academic journals?

You can only see someones sig on the first post they make per page. So if you scroll up you should be able to see it :tongue:

Law will probably be more book based. Books and journals are the main sources really. Depends on the subject.

At uni, your on your own. :colone:
Reply 621
Original post by Akkuz
You can only see someones sig on the first post they make per page. So if you scroll up you should be able to see it :tongue:

Law will probably be more book based. Books and journals are the main sources really. Depends on the subject.

At uni, your on your own. :colone:

Oh thats pages back now. But i'm sure before you could see it at every post?

Yes it will be, the A-level is hard enough allow the degree. :tongue:
What did you get for your first year and second year btw?

I won't be on my own, i'm going to make sure i have plenty of people that can help me... :redface:.stop scaring me...
Reply 622
Oh thats pages back now. But i'm sure before you could see it at every post?

Yes it will be, the A-level is hard enough allow the degree. :tongue:
What did you get for your first year and second year btw?

I won't be on my own, i'm going to make sure i have plenty of people that can help me... :redface:.stop scaring me...

1st year i got a 2:1 (too much partying..:tongue:), 2nd year I got a 1st. Final year..remains to be seen :colone:

Uni is cool. :biggrin: Depending on what uni you go.
Reply 623
Original post by Akkuz
1st year i got a 2:1 (too much partying..:tongue:), 2nd year I got a 1st. Final year..remains to be seen :colone:

Uni is cool. :biggrin: Depending on what uni you go.

:nothing: 2:1 is still good!,
Masha'allah a 1st is even better! :biggrin:
Naughty boy partying! :colone:

I'm not going to a 'party' university, nor am i going to a 'prestigious' university.
Hows you uni like? :smile:
Reply 624
:nothing: 2:1 is still good!,
Masha'allah a 1st is even better! :biggrin:
Naughty boy partying! :colone:

I'm not going to a 'party' university, nor am i going to a 'prestigious' university.
Hows you uni like? :smile:

Super cool geek. Told ya :sexface:

Uni is what you is what you make of it tbh. Probably will be one of the best experiences of your life.
Hey!
I've just found this group! So glad to meet other Turks!
So how is everyone? And random question - but does anyone else become ridiculously patriotic during the Eurovision Song contest? I have a feeling it might just be me on that one haha.
Reply 626
Original post by Akkuz
Super cool geek. Told ya :sexface:

Uni is what you is what you make of it tbh. Probably will be one of the best experiences of your life.

It's really cool if you can balance it, i can't :frown:
I'll probably be chilling in the first year. :wink:

Original post by Salsa034848
Hey!
So how is everyone? And random question - but does anyone else become ridiculously patriotic during the Eurovision Song contest? I have a feeling it might just be me on that one haha.

Eurovision is sht tbh.
Haha kinda! But we haven't done so badly these last few years. Besides this year though. This year was just embarrassing.
Original post by ibs137
yehh handerchief like this init

noo i'm good boy :angel:

I done that in a public park with someone before. :nothing:

Doesn't compare to doing the testi dance at a wedding :grumble:

LOl stop reffering to me as Noobie, i have a better name pfft....hogwartz init. :teehee:

Hogwartz is too long to write out. I shall call you either Hog or Wart. :proud:

Spoiler

Hey!

My family certainly does. It's like their annual assessment of how well Turkey's political relations are going with the rest of Europe.
Reply 629
Haha kinda! But we haven't done so badly these last few years. Besides this year though. This year was just embarrassing.

When is the Eurovision?
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
My family certainly does. It's like their annual assessment of how well Turkey's political relations are going with the rest of Europe.

Haha my family are the same!

Original post by Akkuz
When is the Eurovision?

Sometime in May.
Reply 631
Doesn't compare to doing the testie dance at a wedding :grumble:

Hogwartz is too long to write out. I shall call you either Hog or Wart. :proud:

Spoiler

Urgh whats a testie dance?

Okay you can call me The Hogz :cool:
Urgh whats a testi dance?

Okay you can call me Hog :cool:

Nah, I'll just stick to Hogwartz. :top:

It's a female dance performed at a wedding. (Usually not this many women do it, just five or something by the 'bridesmaids').

Testi = pot (which is filled with sweets at the wedding).
The last person who dances with it is the bride, who passes it to the groom.
The groom smashes it.
Loads of sweets fall on the floor.
Children go ape.
You get the drill.

And only single girls are meant to do it and most people don't seem to get why. The reason for this is so that the men can check out the single ladies' bodies while they dance to pick their 'future wife.' So technically I shouldn't have been doing it to begin with. :ninja: (but even though it was embarrassing, I kinda liked it).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 633
Nah, I'll just stick to Hogwartz. :top:

It's a female dance performed at a wedding. (Usually not this many women do it, just five or something by the 'bridesmaids').

Testi = pot (which is filled with sweets at the wedding).
The last person who dances with it is the bride, who passes it to the groom.
The groom smashes it.
Loads of sweets fall on the floor.
Children go ape.
You get the drill.

And only single girls are meant to do it and most people don't seem to get why. The reason for this is so that the men can check out the single ladies' bodies while they dance to pick their 'future wife.' So technically I shouldn't have been doing it to begin with. :ninja: (but even though it was embarrassing, I kinda liked it).

Ohh wow, that is soo cool.
How come i don't know all this? :redface:
And shocking at the same time, so the single ladies...that why they put the song i get it!!
i dont want men checking me out :frown:
Ohh wow, that is soo cool.
How come i don't know all this? :redface:
And shocking at the same time, so the single ladies...that why they put the song i get it!!
i dont want men checking me out :frown:

They done some variation of the testi dance. That one wasn't that traditional :tongue: Beyonce isn't very Turkish :tongue:

And idk... Actually I'm Turkish Cypriot. I know this always goes on in Turkish Cypriot weddings, not sure if it'd the case in weddings from mainlander Turks.

Still beats breaking plates though. :smug:

Depends if they're good looking or not.
Me neither. :nothing:
Reply 635
They done some variation of the testi dance. That one wasn't that traditional :tongue: Beyonce isn't very Turkish :tongue:

And idk... Actually I'm Turkish Cypriot. I know this always goes on in Turkish Cypriot weddings, not sure if it'd the case in weddings from mainlander Turks.

Still beats breaking plates though. :smug:

Depends if they're good looking or not.
Me neither. :nothing:

Lol, show me a traditional one then please.

I'm east turkish. :biggrin:

Breaking plates is cool, they're ftw! :awesome:

It doesn't...i'd feel a bit 'prostituty' tbh. (no offense). Like i'm dancing, and the guys are just like :sexface: i see....
Reply 636
I didn't realise there was a society for Turks :colone:
Reply 637
Original post by mel0n
I didn't realise there was a society for Turks :colone:

since when did you become a "PS helper"?? what do you get in return for helping? Rep? Money? Melons?
Reply 638
Original post by ibs137
since when did you become a "PS helper"?? what do you get in return for helping? Rep? Money? Melons?

I've been a PS Helper since the start of uni. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you what I get in return for it :colone:
Reply 639
Original post by mel0n
I've been a PS Helper since the start of uni. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you what I get in return for it :colone:

is that so.. :curious: and go on you can tell me.. do they give u p?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending