The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miml
Nomura didn't send me a test but I know people in here have had tests from them
RBS and HSBC have tests. RBS is a logical that gets sent out automatically and HSBC is a numerical (at least for the spring week, not for the summer internship they do) but they screen your app before sending out the invite

Thanks!! I applied to RBS a week ago now for markets but still have nothing...... and for Nomura check your application because I got an email with a reminder saying that its the last day to complete the tests but no info about it before....
Original post by soczek322
Thanks!! I applied to RBS a week ago now for markets but still have nothing...... and for Nomura check your application because I got an email with a reminder saying that its the last day to complete the tests but no info about it before....

When did you send your Nomura app off
Reply 1822
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Do you own a business? Do you have any spring week interviews or offers?:cool:

If you don't know anyone, and nobody knows you, who exactly will you trade with?

Is it terrible I agree with everything you've said on these matters...?
Reply 1823
Original post by natty_d
To those are arguing over ECs vs Work Experience - having both is good but showing what you learnt from them and how they developed you as a person is IMO the most important thing. It doesn't matter which one you have, but showing that you have the skills is WAY MORE important.

I also think that it's good to have ECs that aren't related too much to finance as well, it shows that you are more rounded person.

Well said.
Although I think people keeping making it out like you can't have both. You need to be outstanding in both to really get somewhere (maybe less so and more lucky in springs though...)
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
When did you send your Nomura app off

on the 21st
Original post by soczek322
on the 21st

December? I sent mine of on the 14th December and the status of my application hasnt changed
Reply 1826
Sent mine on 21st of November and still waiting for the test - no emails and nothing online.
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
December? I sent mine of on the 14th December and the status of my application hasnt changed

yep december - can't remember if you had to chose a division though? maybe that makes a difference
Reply 1828
Original post by miml
Sent mine on 21st of November and still waiting for the test - no emails and nothing online.

hey, when I submitted my app they asked me to do the test straight away, no email was sent but I was directed to a page that asked me to complete the test. they give you a 7 day deadline but check your app online
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lilly xx

i think it actually is terrible.
Original post by Outsanity
What does everyone else put for the "Degree Result" part of your university education? I've been typing that I haven't yet completed any modules nor been predicted any grades, but should I just have put 2:1 or 1:1 predicted anyway?

Same here, I haven't even started my exams yet so have no clue what to put as predicted grade! :s-smilie: Anyone else know what to do?
But am tempted to just predict myself at least a 2:1 which is what most of them ask for :tongue:
Original post by cookiebiscuit
Same here, I haven't even started my exams yet so have no clue what to put as predicted grade! :s-smilie: Anyone else know what to do?
But am tempted to just predict myself at least a 2:1 which is what most of them ask for :tongue:

I originally predicted myself a 1st for everything, but then I changed it to 'other' and put 'n/a - 1st year' in the description box. It's a 1st year internship so they'll know to disregard what's put down anyway.
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
I originally predicted myself a 1st for everything, but then I changed it to 'other' and put 'n/a - 1st year' in the description box. It's a 1st year internship so they'll know to disregard what's put down anyway.

But then won't my application be automatically rejected at the screening stage. because they specifically ask for a 2:1 or above and I have heard that, with some firms, any applications that don't have a 2:1 or above will automatically be rejected. :s-smilie:

But otherwise I also thought they should know we are first years so we don't have predicted grades yet.

Thanks though :smile:
Original post by cookiebiscuit
But then won't my application be automatically rejected at the screening stage. because they specifically ask for a 2:1 or above and I have heard that, with some firms, any applications that don't have a 2:1 or above will automatically be rejected. :s-smilie:

But otherwise I also thought they should know we are first years so we don't have predicted grades yet.

Thanks though :smile:

Well, selecting 'other' from the drop-down box doesn't mean you got lower than a 2.1 does it?
Reply 1834
Hi everybody,

i'd like to ask somebody who has been already chosen for the 1st round of interviews at JPMorgan too. I mean it for the spring week 2012.

Since I'm Czech and don't study in the UK, I don't know if it's worth buy tickets and fly Prague - London because of two 30mins interviews.

What do u think about it? Any ideas how many people can be in this stage of the process?

Thanks for any answer.
Zden
Reply 1835
Original post by flaksik
Hi everybody,

i'd like to ask somebody who has been already chosen for the 1st round of interviews at JPMorgan too. I mean it for the spring week 2012.

Since I'm Czech and don't study in the UK, I don't know if it's worth buy tickets and fly Prague - London because of two 30mins interviews.

What do u think about it? Any ideas how many people can be in this stage of the process?

Thanks for any answer.
Zden

Your expenses will be reimbursed.
Original post by jevira
Your expenses will be reimbursed.

You have a JPM Interview?

Original post by flaksik
Hi everybody,

Thanks for any answer.
Zden

http://careers.jpmorgan.com/student/jpmorgan/careers/europe/advice/faq

Scroll down to the 'Interviews' section.

Original post by lilly xx

The only person that knows me in real life on this forum (Frenchous) has already vouched for me...the haters I have on this site are just jealous.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1837
You have a JPM Interview?

No, but an interview with DB in "product management investments".
Original post by jevira
No, but an interview with DB in "product management investments".

Sounds interesting. What's your status on the DB site? Is it 'Interview Process'?
Reply 1839
Still under review. But received a mail from the team leader of this group in frankfurt. He's calling me tomorrow. But I dont know what to expect.
Sounds interesting. What's your status on the DB site? Is it 'Interview Process'?

Latest

Trending

Trending