The Student Room Group

what if air is poisonous, and just takes 80 years to kill us?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Or maybe Earth is not our homeland, while traveling through space our spaceship had trouble, we had only enough fuel for 2 light years and Earth was the most suited to our species. With no hope of getting back home and our systems being destroyed in the crash we had to colonies and adapt. We soon realized that while we could survive here it slowly kills us. People get sick something unheard of on our homeland.... Skip 10000 years our bodies have become stronger and adapted however the memory of true home is long forgotten and our bodies wither and die. The Immortals became mortal.
Original post by Toquin
Well actually it is, and it does kill us. The reaction in resperation using oxygen does harm our body very very slightly, and it causes what we call ageing. People who live on higher mountain areas often have a longer life expentancy because theere is less oxygen higher up but the reduction is not enough to be damaging.

There's always one.
Original post by nonotrly
What on Earth was the point of that post?

re-read it, maybe you'll be able to finally understand.............. :rolleyes:
I live near Heathrow. The air around here IS toxic.
Reply 24
Original post by slappyhours
re-read it, maybe you'll be able to finally understand.............. :rolleyes:

Ah the rolleyes smiley. Used to condescend by the arrogant, but to hide their own fialings.

In this case, your utterly pointless post.
Reply 25
Original post by No Man

What about other countries that have a life expectancy of less than 50? Do you think the air they breathe is even more poisonous?

I don't think the suggestion is that the only reason we die is because of air. Reasons for noticeably lower life expectancies in some countries would be due to malnutrition, water contamination, lack of accessibility to proper medical facilities, e.t.c.
Reply 26
Original post by k_ellen_h
I don't think the suggestion is that the only reason we die is because of air. Reasons for noticeably lower life expectancies in some countries would be due to malnutrition, water contamination, lack of accessibility to proper medical facilities, e.t.c.

I already said that. Was it worth the bump? WAS IT?
Reply 27
interesting question....
Original post by Tony_Stark
interesting question....

Haha agreed :P
Original post by camblacks
you mad, scientists?

Not really, that's actually kind of true.

Using Oxygen for respiration is actually a kinda dodgy process, and it causes damage to our cells, this is why anti ageing lotions feature "anti-oxidants"
Reply 30
Original post by nonotrly
I already said that. Was it worth the bump? WAS IT?

Meh. Just trying to get a point across.
Reply 31
Original post by k_ellen_h
Meh. Just trying to get a point across.

And again. :colonhash:
What if air (or one of the various gases in the atmosphere) actually has a drug effect on us, and after a while we die from withdrawals because by the time we're 80ish (supposing the occurence of a natural death [old age]) we're not taking the amount we used to be able to due to reduced lung capacity? :holmes:
Reply 33
Original post by Drunk Punx
What if air (or one of the various gases in the atmosphere) actually has a drug effect on us, and after a while we die from withdrawals because by the time we're 80ish (supposing the occurence of a natural death [old age]) we're not taking the amount we used to be able to due to reduced lung capacity? :holmes:

Or what if we're permanently high and drugs just make us normal again
Original post by camblacks
Or what if we're permanently high and drugs just make us normal again

Haha, yes! I like the way you think! :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest