MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by firstladynaija
I got rejected :frown: :frown:

Oh no :frown: :console:
Reply 281
Dear Santa,
I was a very good girl this year (If anyone tells you otherwise I CAN EXPLAIN!!!!)
for that reason I want you to bring me an offer from UCL... soooooon

thanks a lot
cmk
Original post by redflipflop
I'm applying for that too! Waiting until January to submit it though so I don't bother my referees over Christmas.

ah, great! :smile: always glad to hear from a fellow byzantinist/ late antiquist! What are you interested in looking at?
Reply 283
I am thinking to ask from my lecturer who is new at my university and it's the first time who teaches me. Is it so bad? what is your opinion?
Reply 284
Original post by zziippoo

Original post by zziippoo
I am thinking to ask from my lecturer who is new at my university and it's the first time who teaches me. Is it so bad? what is your opinion?

If you have no other choice then ask him, i don't think it's bad. I knew my second referee for only 2 months when i asked him for a reference letter and it worked out well for me. I doubt he had anything else to say other than the fact that I’ve attended all of his classes.
Reply 285
Has anybody got an offer without both referees submitting their references. Or even considered by the department.
Reply 286
Original post by art90
If you have no other choice then ask him, i don't think it's bad. I knew my second referee for only 2 months when i asked him for a reference letter and it worked out well for me. I doubt he had anything else to say other than the fact that I’ve attended all of his classes.

Thank you very much... :smile:
Reply 287
Original post by Tripo
Has anybody got an offer without both referees submitting their references. Or even considered by the department.

No.. it is necessary to have both references. I have applied at the end of Oct and one of my referees is still trying to send his reference..:smile:
Reply 288
Anybody applying to MSC Civil engineering?
Reply 289
Just remember that I have to complete my online interview before next Tuesday, which is the extended deadline :P

How would you invest a million dollars? I saw this question in this thread earlier and I don't know what answers they were expecting!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by vinc10

How would you invest a million dollars? I saw this question in this thread earlier and I don't know what answers they were expecting!

Diversify. Stocks, bonds, currency, gold.
is there anyone applying to MSC Computer Science for 2012? Can anyone of you tell me about how much time do UCL take for a decision?
Has anyone here applied to the MA in Archives & Records Management programme? :smile:
Original post by history_geek
ah, great! :smile: always glad to hear from a fellow byzantinist/ late antiquist! What are you interested in looking at?

I'm not sure yet. At the moment it's military structure and social changes of the east/west following the fall of Rome. But I could quite happily be pressed in any direction. I'm also applying for the Classics MA. What are you interested in?
Original post by redflipflop
I'm not sure yet. At the moment it's military structure and social changes of the east/west following the fall of Rome. But I could quite happily be pressed in any direction. I'm also applying for the Classics MA. What are you interested in?

I'm interested in the impact of the Arab Conquests of the seventh century on state formation and economy in the Late Antique Near East, but I also have a wide arrange of interests, from long-distance trade and communication to steppe diplomacy and Byzantine relations with Persia. Have so many interests, I'm probably going to be a Jack of All Trades :P I've also applied to Oxford, King's and Edinburgh for similar programmes.
guys Im writing my application now and I want to put down my referees' names and emails so that they can start uploading my references, but Im not yet ready to submit my application. Will they only receive the email to upload after I submit mine?
Original post by Xristina
guys Im writing my application now and I want to put down my referees' names and emails so that they can start uploading my references, but Im not yet ready to submit my application. Will they only receive the email to upload after I submit mine?

I have the same question. My research proposal isn't ready yet and the deadline is awfully getting closer like speed of light. Any answers to this question please.
Reply 297
Original post by olympus123456
I have the same question. My research proposal isn't ready yet and the deadline is awfully getting closer like speed of light. Any answers to this question please.

If I remember correctly, my referees were only able to submit their references after I submitted my application. A quick look at my submission from last year and it was written

"Thank you for submitting an application to study at UCL. Your application is currently being held until we have received uploaded references from your named referees...."
you can also send documents in after you submit your application, if you need to replace/ correct your statement/ transcript like I did.
this is so stupid!!!! anyway...thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending