The Student Room Group

KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Congratz on the offer!

And thanks for the advice, how long did you have between the first interview and assessment center?
Thanks
Reply 721
Cheers!
Well mine won't be too helpful because I got a call two days after my interview saying there was a short notice vacancy in a week. I would think it is usually a bit longer than that though.
Dunno if that's what you meant, but the final stage is a final interview, as oppose to an assessment centre. The get ahead session explains it all in detail if your unsure.
Reply 722
Just did my online tests and I have absolutely failed the numerical one :'(
I'm just gonna go and listen to Adele's album and dread the arrival of the e-mail from KPMG
wahhhhhh :frown: *sigh*
Original post by Basinga
I'm just gonna go and listen to Adele's album and dread the arrival of the e-mail from KPMG

Aww don't worry I literally only answered about 7 of those and just about half of the literacy ones but managed to get through :smile: (I have now done all the whole process but got rejected at the last stage :'( :P)
Reply 724
Just withdrew my application from the School Leaver's Programme as I accepted my offer for Deloitte's Scholar Scheme.

Good luck with your applications everyone! Feel free to inbox me with questions!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 725
Original post by Gli27
Cheers!
Well mine won't be too helpful because I got a call two days after my interview saying there was a short notice vacancy in a week. I would think it is usually a bit longer than that though.
Dunno if that's what you meant, but the final stage is a final interview, as oppose to an assessment centre. The get ahead session explains it all in detail if your unsure.

Yer thanks thats what I meant, but didn' you have to do the e-tray excercise or anything?

Original post by Basinga

Same I answered about 7 of the numerical one and saw I had a minute left so I went crazy and randomly clicked 17 answers, and I got through So you'll be fine.:biggrin:
Reply 726
Original post by Mehulp101
Yer thanks thats what I meant, but didn' you have to do the e-tray excercise or anything?

I had to do a written assessment/analysis exercise, dunno if that's also called the e-tray exercise or not. It's not too bad though, just a bit time pressured.
Reply 727
Original post by Basinga

I think it's more to do with accuracy, rather than how many you manage to get through. As long as you're pretty confident with the questions you did answer, you should be all good! :smile:
Reply 728
Original post by Gli27
I had to do a written assessment/analysis exercise, dunno if that's also called the e-tray exercise or not. It's not too bad though, just a bit time pressured.

What did you have to do in each one?
Reply 729
Original post by Mehulp101
What did you have to do in each one?

It is just one paper where it is more or less a case study, and you have to advise a client/employer on the best action to take.
So for example, mine was that i had to write, in the form of an email, to advise a colleague regarding a order from a client. It is a very open exercise, as there is no right answer. You are given a lot of data and just expected to give your opinion and be able to justify it.
Reply 730
I got an email saying that i had got through to the face-to-face interview. it then told me to book a time convenient for me but when i went to book one there were none available.
has this happened to anyone else, if so what happens next ?
Reply 731
Original post by MVashi
I got an email saying that i had got through to the face-to-face interview. it then told me to book a time convenient for me but when i went to book one there were none available.

Send them an email explaining the situation. I know they are short on interviewers; lot's of competition this year! What office/uni are you applying to? :smile:
I'm not sure whether to go for Birmingham or Exeter...Exeter is ranked higher obviously, but I'd enjoy Birmingham a lot more due to the nightlife and scene there, and I don't think I'd fit into Exeter from what I've heard.

Any advice? Surely with accountancy, Birmingham and Exeter have near-identical career prospects? And once you've landed yourself a job, particularly at such a big and great company as KPMG, the university you went to has much less significance in future jobs you apply for?
Reply 733
Original post by APersonCalledClara
Aww don't worry I literally only answered about 7 of those and just about half of the literacy ones but managed to get through :smile: (I have now done all the whole process but got rejected at the last stage :'( :P)

Awww thanks but I got the e-mail that I didn't get through the next day - sad times, eh? hahaa
Reply 734
Hi,

My name is Timothy and I too am currently on the programme similar to Alex Carr. We are the best of friends.
If you would like to ask anymore, feel free to message me likewise.

Many thanks,

Timothy
Reply 735
Original post by rkmufc
Send them an email explaining the situation. I know they are short on interviewers; lot's of competition this year! What office/uni are you applying to? :smile:

hey i got the email too but i cant make the dates due to exams shall i just reply to the email they sent and explain to rearrange for feb? and im applying to bham uni and mk office what about you? :smile:
Reply 736
Original post by MVashi

did u email them and how long did it take for a reply?
Reply 737
Original post by Confused101

And once you've landed yourself a job, particularly at such a big and great company as KPMG, the university you went to has much less significance in future jobs you apply for?

Once you've qualified at KPMG in accountancy your uni will become completely irrelevant. It's the big scam about uni I'm afriad hehe, after a few years in the working space, its a bit pointless, unless you're looking towards doing an MBA at a top business school (LBS, insead, Harvard etc)
Reply 738
Original post by NW86
Once you've qualified at KPMG in accountancy your uni will become completely irrelevant. It's the big scam about uni I'm afriad hehe, after a few years in the working space, its a bit pointless, unless you're looking towards doing an MBA at a top business school (LBS, insead, Harvard etc)

Why would you do a masters if you're qualified unless you personally enjoy it? I don't see how it could have any great impact on your career.
Reply 739
Original post by mitul_10
hey i got the email too but i cant make the dates due to exams shall i just reply to the email they sent and explain to rearrange for feb? and im applying to bham uni and mk office what about you? :smile:

I'm applying to the London office and Durham uni. I'm still awaiting a date for my initial interview too. I think it's best to notify them of your exam dates, and say that you are available any time but those dates.

Let me know how you get on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending