The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Familiar feeling for everyone. Most passed, including me. You should receive the outcome in the next day or 2

Thanks! Just got my numerical test invite, the pass mark for the logic test must be really low....

EDIT: well the numerical was kind of weird and I misunderstood quite a lot of the questions so no future in the RBS for me... :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1861
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Familiar feeling for everyone. Most passed, including me. You should receive the outcome in the next day or 2

It's been a week already since I did the logic test and nothing new from RBS, though admittedly I failed the test miserably not because it was hard, but because I somehow mistaken the real thing with RBS' 'practice' test (the 1 little questions as practice), so pretty much just fast forwarded half the test. woops. So unless I'm lucky I'll receive a rejection.
Original post by TomasK
It's been a week already since I did the logic test and nothing new from RBS, though admittedly I failed the test miserably not because it was hard, but because I somehow mistaken the real thing with RBS' 'practice' test (the 1 little questions as practice), so pretty much just fast forwarded half the test. woops. So unless I'm lucky I'll receive a rejection.

Don't worry too much about the logic test I think I'd be lucky to get 6/12 and then got a numerical test invite just an hour after but that may be because I applied for markets.
Reply 1863
Hey,

i've some questions regarding CV: Should I mention my date of birth?
I will start an intern at a financial advisory in the mid of january but i will apply to the most IBs in the next days, so can i already list the intern in my cv now, maybe as planned intern?

thank you!
Reply 1864
Interview with DB went great! (For the internship in product management investments though, not SW)
Reply 1865
One more question to this internship I mentioned above: would you recommend me to accept a potential offer for this internship? My aim is IBD, not private&business clients. Do you think this would help to get an internship in M&A or would it just be irrelevant finance experience?
Original post by thecodman
Cheers for the words of encouragement mate :smile: dont really think i have a chance but yh nothing to lose still got more applications to do :tongue: so any offers/interviews for you??

None for SWs so far, still waiting to hear from 7 of my 8 applications (rejection from JPM).

Yesterday I got an invitation to an interview at a boutique for the summer though, I thought I might as well cold-email during these holidays and get any interviews out of the way asap because I won't have any time during my 2nd semester/exam time.

Any of you guys thinking about the summer as well?
Reply 1867
Original post by Marc Fiorano
None for SWs so far, still waiting to hear from 7 of my 8 applications (rejection from JPM).

Yesterday I got an invitation to an interview at a boutique for the summer though, I thought I might as well cold-email during these holidays and get any interviews out of the way asap because I won't have any time during my 2nd semester/exam time.

which boutique have you got an interview for?

Did you just send an email and attach a CV or did you do a cover letter as well? seems if they aren't going to accept interns its a lot of effort to write a cover letter for them to just say no...
and yeh im trying to sort something for the summer
:smile:
Reply 1868
Original post by Marc Fiorano

I've made a few calls to boutiques, they've told me to send my cv and a cover letter re:6-8 weeks w/e.
Reply 1869
Original post by soczek322
Don't worry too much about the logic test I think I'd be lucky to get 6/12 and then got a numerical test invite just an hour after but that may be because I applied for markets.

Applied to Markets as well. Might have been a glitch of the system. Regarding the score, to be honest I think I didn't do THAT bad as the first 5 questions were easy (in comparison) and after those I just guessed like 5 and then did the last 2 again, so hopefully I got the 7 correct and will get through.
Original post by TomasK
Applied to Markets as well. Might have been a glitch of the system. Regarding the score, to be honest I think I didn't do THAT bad as the first 5 questions were easy (in comparison) and after those I just guessed like 5 and then did the last 2 again, so hopefully I got the 7 correct and will get through.

hmmm that's strange... I'd be quite happy if I got 7 correct but I'm not sure why but I didn't get the logic test invite straight away, I got it a week and a half after I've applied so maybe they've filled up quite a lot of the AC places already and now they're pre screening to see who gets the tests? :confused:
Original post by eco1234
which boutique have you got an interview for?

Did you just send an email and attach a CV or did you do a cover letter as well? seems if they aren't going to accept interns its a lot of effort to write a cover letter for them to just say no...
and yeh im trying to sort something for the summer
:smile:

PM'd you.

Yeah just an email and a CV.
Original post by jevira

Original post by jevira
One more question to this internship I mentioned above: would you recommend me to accept a potential offer for this internship? My aim is IBD, not private&business clients. Do you think this would help to get an internship in M&A or would it just be irrelevant finance experience?

If you're in your first year then there isn't much you can do over the Summer and an internship at DB would be useful regardless of the position. Also, I assume you would be "pooled" with the other interns so you can attend networking events/spend some time work shadowing in M&A if you want.

So basically, yeah it would be helpful, probably not as helpful as M&A at a boutique, but still much better than nothing.
I know this'll sound blasphemous, but who here doesn't see investment banking as their 1st career choice?
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
I know this'll sound blasphemous, but who here doesn't see investment banking as their 1st career choice?

It is for me, what about you?

Well it's joint first with Buy - side.
Original post by Hackett
It is for me, what about you?

Well it's joint first with Buy - side.

I don't ever see myself working in IB tbh. It's not the sort of environment that I see myself thriving in. I'm applying to these SW's for the work experience, and maybe a different perspective. But seeing as I've got zero-interest in IB, if I do manage to get to the interview stage for any of these banks it's gonna show...maybe applying was a complete waste of time lol.

Atm work in development economics or something related to that seems much more fulfilling for me.
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
I don't ever see myself working in IB tbh. It's not the sort of environment that I see myself thriving in. I'm applying to these SW's for the work experience, and maybe a different perspective. But seeing as I've got zero-interest in IB, if I do manage to get to the interview stage for any of these banks it's gonna show...maybe applying was a complete waste of time lol.

Atm work in development economics or something related to that seems much more fulfilling for me.

ah i see, well you have nothing to lose in applying!

It may as you say change your view, and if it does and you do decide that IB/finance is where you want to work, you could also tie in your interest with develpment economics and finance. Next year I am doing an internship at an investment banks which only focuses on low - income countries, Ghana, bangladesh etc.

But I guess it depends on you really, I persnally like the link between economics and finance whilst some just enjoy the economics straight up, If you see where I am coming from.
Gah, just got rejected by DB, not such a surpise really given what I've read about them not taking many people on and I didn't feel my application was as strong as at other places. But shows Grad Recruitment are back to work I guess!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1878
Original post by Outsanity
Gah, just got rejected by DB, not such a surpise really given what I've read about them not taking many people on and I didn't feel my application was as strong as at other places. But shows Grad Recruitment are back to work I guess!

unlucky, i hear they take so few ... so i am awaiting rejection too

out of interest on your Deutsche bank application page, where it has the blue lines linking the stage of your application does it/did it say 'interview process' ?
Reply 1879
Original post by Outsanity

and was your app for markets or IBD?

Latest

Trending

Trending