The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

I had no idea the Gatiss/Moffat Holmes was back that soon. Awesome. Such good telly in the first few months of 2012. :daydreaming:
Over Christmas I've watched The Polar Express, The Hangover Part Two, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part Two and The Inbetweeners movie.
Watched Sherlock holmes and MI ghost protocol
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Poirot is the inferior detective. The poncy Frenchman is nothing in the face of Sherlock's superior deductive skills. :pierre:

Ah, Belgian.

Original post by Christien
I had no idea the Gatiss/Moffat Holmes was back that soon. Awesome. Such good telly in the first few months of 2012. :daydreaming:

Soon being relative to now, rather than relative to the first series?
Original post by Jace Falco
Ah, Belgian.

Soon being relative to now, rather than relative to the first series?

Yes. I (mistakenly) thought The Hobbit delayed it until at least like a few months into 2012.

Poirot is the inferior detective. The poncy Frenchman is nothing in the face of Sherlock's superior deductive skills. :pierre:

Someone incapable of working out countries of origin shouldn't be relied on for judgements about detective skill. :p:
Reply 5186
Thought you guys would like this

I watched Shrek the Third last night.
Currently watching Last Crusade.

I neeeeeeed Indiana Jones on Blu Ray. :coma: Got to be a 2012 release surely?
Going to watch The Ides of March later. Hope it lives up to the hype.
Anyone seen Mish impossible ghost protocol and how is it? Just curious

May get to seeing Girl with the dragon tattoo soon
Reply 5191
Roses are red
Violets are blue
**** you whore

:biggrin:
Reply 5192
Just watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, it was incredible. I can't compare it to the original film or the book but I definitely enjoyed it. I found it powerful and engaging, atmospheric and well I couldn't get enough of the soundtrack.

The ending was... well I was emotional. Doesn't happen often but yeah, ahah.
Original post by Pheylan
Roses are red
Violets are blue
**** you whore

:biggrin:

- She took a giant **** on my face. Literally.
- Literally?
- Well, no, not literally. That's disgusting.

:ahee:
Just watched Scent of a Woman for the first time. My brother is a big Al Pacino fan and got me it for Christmas. Looks fantastic on Blu Ray and Pacino whipped up an absolute storm with that performance! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

In other news - to buy or not to buy? I've only seen the first one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Anthology-Blu-ray-Sigourney-Weaver/dp/B003AQBYUG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
I know we've talked about making a thread to track the movies we're watching before. I've made one now if you're interested in taking part: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1875970
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Anyone seen Mish impossible ghost protocol and how is it? Just curious

May get to seeing Girl with the dragon tattoo soon

Saw ghost protocol last night, really worth it. The best in the series so far in my opinion :smile:
Reply 5197
Original post by Nucleolus
- She took a giant **** on my face. Literally.
- Literally?
- Well, no, not literally. That's disgusting.

:ahee:

Here, have some warm and fuzzy :h:

Great battles of cinema history :rofl:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pheylan
Here, have some warm and fuzzy :h:

& I thought I couldn't find Joseph Gordon-Levitt Zooey Deschenal any more attractive...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending