The Student Room Group
Item 3.3 in the terms and conditions of the adapt account says

When you reach 18 years we may change your account to a Step
Account or a Current Plus Account or a Student Account or another
account . We will notify you personally at least 30 days before we
do this at which time we will provide you with up to date copies
of Personal and Private Banking – Terms and Conditions and
Personal and Private Banking – A Guide to Fees and Interest.
i have this account it still hasnt changed and i turned 18 in march...........
Reply 3
hypocriticaljap
Item 3.3 in the terms and conditions of the adapt account says

When you reach 18 years we may change your account to a Step
Account or a Current Plus Account or a Student Account or another
account . We will notify you personally at least 30 days before we
do this at which time we will provide you with up to date copies
of Personal and Private Banking – Terms and Conditions and
Personal and Private Banking – A Guide to Fees and Interest.

Thanks + rep given
Reply 4
I have this account too and turned 18 nearly a month ago (they haven't done anything yet). Did you have to ask them to upgrade it or did they eventually get round to doing it automatically?
Reply 5
I turned 18 in April, and got a letter through yesterday saying that they're changing my account on the 27th January to a Select account, so it seems they do it automatically!
Mine stayed the same for absolutely ages - in fact, I'm not really even aware that it changed until I got a student account, 21 months after I turned 18.

However, they did swap my Solo card to a Visa Debit card.
Reply 7
Nothing immediately happened when I turned 18.

But I have just been told it will change to a Select account in February, so maybe that has something to do with being over 18, even if my 18th birthday was a reasonably long time ago.
Reply 8

Original post by Ite?

But I have just been told it will change to a Select account in February, so maybe that has something to do with being over 18, even if my 18th birthday was a reasonably long time ago.

Its happened to everyone.
Reply 9
They didn't change mine from Adapt to Current until I went in to withdraw money (only had £1.50 in my bank, wanted a drink LOL). I was told I had to upgrade it to Current, as I was too old for an Adapt now :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Ite?

I have the same but can see no 'upgrade' in the move to a Select account - the only difference is loss of 1% interest.

Has anyone found a benefit or tried ringing Natwest to keep the interest?
I changed mine to a student account and got a free railcard and student card. Presumably this only works if you go into further education though :smile:
Reply 12
I just applied for an adapt account but I came home realizing that I've given the wrong phone number (my old number by accident), does anyone know how to change this number.

And I want to make a new email as well so does anyone know how to change your email address with natwest?

Could it be done online?
Reply 13
if we do change to an adapt account would we get a new card?
You have to be under 18 bear in mind to switch to an adapt account? And yes, you would gt a new card.

Latest

Trending

Trending