The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6760
Original post by -Illmatic-
Proof is pretty hard but complex numbers isnt. I dont like matrix transformations :facepalm:

This...
Proof is pretty hard but complex numbers isnt. I dont like matrix transformations :facepalm:

That's what I thought

But if I can get 32/72 on FP1 in October, imagine what I'll get in June.... :colonhash:
Reply 6762
Original post by Tomatochuckers

Same

As for FP1- most is fine, I personall find Proof by Induction hard, but most people in my class found complex numbers the hardest.

Heh, I'm trying to revise (read learn) FP1 at the moment. As we learnt complex numbers first, back when i was concentrating, I'm fine with them but the latter stuff like Matrix Algebra and Proof by induction was covered when I was in la la land so I'm struggling against the clock to understand the topics in-depth in time for the exam.
That's what I thought

But if I can get 32/72 on FP1 in October, imagine what I'll get in June.... :colonhash:

I got 50/75 in an October mock :colonhash:

lol

EDIT: You're sitting in June
Original post by zxh800
Heh, I'm trying to revise (read learn) FP1 at the moment. As we learnt complex numbers first, back when i was concentrating, I'm fine with them but the latter stuff like Matrix Algebra and Proof by induction was covered when I was in la la land so I'm struggling against the clock to understand the topics in-depth in time for the exam.

Whatever you do, do NOT leave induction till the end

Seriously. It does not work :frown:
I got 50/75 in an October mock :colonhash:

lol

EDIT: You're sitting in June

Yeah I'm doing it in June
But tbf that exam was pretty important, because I didn't do FM AS, I had to do mocks so that the skl could predict me a grade,

So it contributed to my eventual C prediction :frown:
Original post by Tateco
Oh god, don't :tongue: Teaching is done now but haven't revised it yet! Core 3 content is done, just need to perfect papers but getting 85%+ raw in most already, I'm going to do FP1 solid from new years to going back to school, so hopefully it should be okay by then, how is it going for you?

I hate mechanics too, but haven't got the exam until June so it's just been forgotten about :wink:

I'm doing M1 and C3 in January, C3 is the important one though so I'm not too worried about M1 :biggrin:
Reply 6767
Original post by jamiepango
I'm doing M1 and C3 in January, C3 is the important one though so I'm not too worried about M1 :biggrin:

Same here. Tbh the actual maths in M1 is easy. Interpretation and logic skills are tested more. C3 is not bad either but I reckon this years exam will be extra hard trusting my luck :L
Original post by Yash13
Same here. Tbh the actual maths in M1 is easy. Interpretation and logic skills are tested more. C3 is not bad either but I reckon this years exam will be extra hard trusting my luck :L

The actual maths is easy. However I don't take physics and sometimes the wording can catch me out; whilst any questions which require extra thinking, or imagining the situation, may cause me to struggle :colondollar:

It could be, but then hopefully the grade boundaries will be kind too :redface:
Reply 6769
The actual maths is easy. However I don't take physics and sometimes the wording can catch me out; whilst any questions which require extra thinking, or imagining the situation, may cause me to struggle :colondollar:

It could be, but then hopefully the grade boundaries will be kind too :redface:

Lol yeah exactly xD I always draw diagrams to help and as I have no artisitic ability they can be... what do you call it ....****.

Yeah lets hope they are similar to the latest or even lower :colone:
Original post by Yash13

If this is the case, I will come looking for you

Reply 6771
Anyone kind enough on this thread to share some evaluation tips for essay questions?
Original post by Yash13
Lol yeah exactly xD I always draw diagrams to help and as I have no artisitic ability they can be... what do you call it ....****.

Yeah lets hope they are similar to the latest or even lower :colone:

Do you draw a new separate diagram, or use the one they provide you and write in the relevant information?
Reply 6773
If this is the case, I will come looking for you

Hahaha. That picture is beyond creepy. :wink:

Do you draw a new separate diagram, or use the one they provide you and write in the relevant information?

I draw a seperate diagram, usually larger and clearer leaving space for more labels. I sometimes draw on their diagrams if it only needs a small addition. :smile:

So what have you guys planned for new years eve?
Original post by Yash13
Hahaha. That picture is beyond creepy. :wink:

I draw a seperate diagram, usually larger and clearer leaving space for more labels. I sometimes draw on their diagrams if it only needs a small addition. :smile:

Revision :frown: My procrastination during the holidays means I need to do some catch up
At least it's no where near as bad as last year though :biggrin:haha
Original post by Yash13

Keynes is coming back from the dead to party it up wid me and the lads

...know, I'm gonna be revising..or attempting to atleast :redface:
Keynes is coming back from the dead to party it up wid me and the lads

...know, I'm gonna be revising..or attempting to atleast :redface:

Awww :h: Well Happy NYE

I only just started somewhat refreshing my memory about the labour market *sigh* I honestly cannot wait to start macro, I really do despise Unit 3 (OCR) apart from the pensions & wealth/income section.

I found this if anyone wants some useful procrastination-reading to do. UCL is surprisingly high in the sex league ngl :biggrin:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Awww :h: Well Happy NYE

I only just started somewhat refreshing my memory about the labour market *sigh* I honestly cannot wait to start macro, I really do despise Unit 3 (OCR) apart from the pensions & wealth/income section.

I found this if anyone wants some useful procrastination-reading to do. UCL is surprisingly high in the sex league ngl :biggrin:

Lol!

I wanna go to this Uni: http://www.studentbeans.com/student101/Universities/uni-netball-club-raises-funds-with-naked-calendar2113.html

:sogood:

EDIT: I think I've found a, albeit slightly weak, correlation...the lower the Uni in the League table, the higher in the Sex league...hmm:rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6778
Some of you are actually revising on new years eve? :lolwut:
Original post by Tateco
Some of you are actually revising on new years eve? :lolwut:

Yeah it's alright I left the more interesting (which in my case means easier) topics for today :cool:

Plus I got a load of orange juice.
Today is going to be wild

Latest

Trending

Trending