The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mikeyd85
Check your apns. If you've not got them, just add them. That'd be my guess.

Yeah, that was the problem. Didn't have much time to play around before, but just restored APN settings to default and it fixed it.
I take it nobody has the Arc S then?
Original post by itsmyname
I take it nobody has the Arc S then?

Yep, fantastic phone for the price, got it on a 12 month contract a couple of months back.
What people expecting from phones his time next year? Had the Desire HD for 15 months now, contract runs out next october. TBH, android is losing its appeal, if Apple do something epic with the next one, might go back to the iPhone. Theres no real innovation right now with Android, its just dual core, better graphics, more ram, next year seems like its going to be quad core better graphics more ram.
Anyone know when ICS will be out for the Galaxy S2, on Vodafone?
Just bought an Arc S

Any tips on how to get started? Which apps should I download?
Primarily I'm looking for a GPS app (that doesn't require data usage)
Reply 6606
Just bought an Arc S

Google Navigation is absolutely brilliant, and free. No idea if it requires data usage though, sorry. Hopefully someone better informed can say!
Reply 6607
Any recommendations for a nice shiny new phone at around £15 a month? Could stretch a touch higher though would prefer not to. Looking for good internet and lots of messages mainly, any help would be appreciated :yy:
Just bought an Arc S

You can cache Google maps to sd card. Just view where you want to go when connected via WiFi. :smile:
Reply 6609
Desire HD has the ice cream sandwich update.
I would be inclined to recommend the Galaxy note over the nexus, and S2, and after a while you really get used to its size. It will get ICS in Q1 2011, and you will find that TouchWiz is not so invasive after all....
I'm getting limited connectivity when trying to connect to my own wifi on the Arc S. How do I fix this?
Reply 6612
Original post by zainjetha
I would be inclined to recommend the Galaxy note over the nexus, and S2, and after a while you really get used to its size. It will get ICS in Q1 2011, and you will find that TouchWiz is not so invasive after all....

For me, a device that big is too annoying to carry around every day, and also my hands literally aren't big enough to use it with one hand effectively (reaching the top corner etc).
I have a few questions;

1) How do I link my hotmail account(s) to my arc s?
2) Is there a widget which shows how many new emails you have, that I can place on my home screen?
3) My Arc S only allows 300 or so MB's of Apps that I can install onto the phone, how do I install them onto the microSD card?
4) Just any general tips on battery life, recommended Apps etc?
1) Hotmail app from Android Market
2)The widget will be available in 2012 once SE update the device from Android 2.3 Gingerbread to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich so sit tight.
3)Nope. Apps stay on internal storage. I suggest you move other stuff like music onto External. Storage is dirt cheap with 30 quid for a 32gb microSDHC card which would be compatible withyour device.
4)Dont keep full brightness, wifi or GPS on.
Original post by zainjetha
1) Hotmail app from Android Market
2)The widget will be available in 2012 once SE update the device from Android 2.3 Gingerbread to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich so sit tight.
3)Nope. Apps stay on internal storage. I suggest you move other stuff like music onto External. Storage is dirt cheap with 30 quid for a 32gb microSDHC card which would be compatible withyour device.
4)Dont keep full brightness, wifi or GPS on.

1) Cheers, any particular ones?
2) so I'd have to open up an app to check if I've gotten emails? No push notification?
3) I understand I can put everything on my memory card, but 300mb or so for apps is a bit poor

And another thing, is it as simple as copy and pasting music onto my memory card for it to be playable on the phone?
I'm getting limited connectivity when trying to connect to my own wifi on the Arc S. How do I fix this?

Bump? Because of this I can't download any apps
Somehow managed to unsub from this thread but I may be getting my TP tomorrow :smile:
Hey, does anyone know how much data is used over wifi/3g when left online on services such as skype?
Original post by Hello oh
Yep, fantastic phone for the price, got it on a 12 month contract a couple of months back.

How are you finding the bottom 3 buttons (Back, home, options)? They feel a bit weak and not sturdy, I'm scared I might break them, since they're the most used buttons.

Same thing happened with my ipod touch, one day ended up damaging the little home button

Latest

Trending

Trending