The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Hello page number 100.
Original post by JaMaS
Hey,

I'll do an intern in the mid of january, can i list it right now as a planned intern in my cv or would it seems ridiculous?

thank you!

thats fine, just put the date on to show when u start and finish
Not to sound like a know it all, but including future accomplishments on a CV is a huge faux pas.
Original post by JaMaS
Hey,

I'll do an intern in the mid of january, can i list it right now as a planned intern in my cv or would it seems ridiculous?

thank you!

Put it in your cover letter if you have to, I'd say including it in your CV would be a bit on the cheeky side nomsayin?
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Not to sound like a know it all, but including future accomplishments on a CV is a huge faux pas.

Yup, you sound like a know it all
Reply 1985

yep, so i was unsure about listing it, but (i'll do an intern at a financial advisory) maybe it demonstrates my interest in finance. And as i'm a student in my first year i have no really work experience just extra curriculars ...
Original post by JaMaS
yep, so i was unsure about listing it, but (i'll do an intern at a financial advisory) maybe it demonstrates my interest in finance. And as i'm a student in my first year i have no really work experience just extra curriculars ...

Most applicants will have very little/no finance-related work experience, so don't worry. I'd mention this internship in your cover letter, it'll look good, that's fo sho
Reply 1987

I have to agree with this guy
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Yup.

My numerical was absolutely horrendous. Just dived straight in without any practice whatsoever.

Same, got stuck on one question and got really nervous with the timer. think i guessed at least 6 questions, total debacle. havnt heard back from them but im 100% sure its a rejection.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Just heard from ICAP, got into the next stage of their interview and selection process. :smile:

Are you applying for summer internship, and are you first year???
Original post by JaMaS

The banks are more concerned with your potential than your experience. Don't include it anywhere in your application until you start the internship. If you're talking to someone then you can mention it but do not include it in the application.

When you start the internship in January you should add the internship to your CV with the dates Jan 2012 - Ongoing (or something like that).

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. I don't usually give advice publicly on this forum for obvious reasons.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by thecodman
Are you applying for summer internship, and are you first year???

I am first year but no this is for their spring week.
I don't usually give advice publicly on this forum for obvious reasons.

Because no-one takes you seriously?
Reply 1993
Citi's online testing 1-0 My Prospects.
Reply 1994
DB started handing out another batch of rejections...
Reply 1995
ICAP rejection anyone?

Original post by TomasK

yep :frown:
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Because no-one takes you seriously?

Your obsessed with me. The unsolicited private messages, the multiple messages that you've left on my profile (which I have deleted), your signature, and the fact that you constantly try to interact with me on the forums is evidence that you take me seriously.

If you hadn't noticed I've been ignoring you, that's because I don't take YOU seriously. Hopefully you'll take the hint and this will be our last interaction.
Original post by TomasK

sweet, when did you get the email?
Your obsessed with me. The unsolicited private messages, the multiple messages that you've left on my profile (which I have deleted), your signature, and the fact that you constantly try to interact with me on the forums is evidence that you take me seriously.

If you hadn't noticed I've been ignoring you, that's because I don't take YOU seriously. Hopefully you'll take the hint and this will be our last interaction.

I never sent you unsolicited PM's, that was you. The messages I left on your profile regarded you running off to the moderators and quoting me in a thread that I couldn't access. And my signature is just for teh lolz, although it does reflect how I (and most of this forum) view you.
anyone applied to bnp paribas??/ and what did you write for the essay??

Latest

Trending

Trending