The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fairy spangles

Original post by fairy spangles
Ive just realised how much work I have to do and I dont care, i'll get round to it - at some point im sure. Oh the joys of being so laid back in horizontal!

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I have my mock exams from 16th - 20th. But I still haven't covered half of the course. Oh well.... I guess the next two weeks will be all about cramming....
Need some advice.

Should I revise the exciting world of the autonomic nervous system or go on a mad NYE night out?

Would appreciate all your help regarding this tough decision laid upon me.
Original post by gozatron
Need some advice.

Should I revise the exciting world of the autonomic nervous system or go on a mad NYE night out?

:holmes:
Reply 7863
Original post by gozatron
Need some advice.

Well last year I was on a medics ski trip celebrating the new year at the highest snow dance floor in Europe along with 20 thousand other people; this year I'm home with my parents....Take the good ones when you can!
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Have you started the business model thing yet? Think the first week of term might be much like that last week before the holidays...

Don't be silly, I haven't done any work since we finished term :p:

I'll consider doing it in the next week maybe... :erm:
Reply 7865
Original post by Schoolio93
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I have my mock exams from 16th - 20th. But I still haven't covered half of the course. Oh well.... I guess the next two weeks will be all about cramming....

Your college is evil, we have informal mocks (which involves an anatomy essay and a physiology MCQ paper). Our biochem supervisor is keen and is getting us to do everything: the practical, MCQs and essays. Good luck to you, I haven't covered much either, I revise but tend to forget it all and resort to playing PS3... :sigh:

I really should get back to this anatomy essay...
Original post by SabreT
Your college is evil, we have informal mocks (which involves an anatomy essay and a physiology MCQ paper). Our biochem supervisor is keen and is getting us to do everything: the practical, MCQs and essays. Good luck to you, I haven't covered much either, I revise but tend to forget it all and resort to playing PS3... :sigh:

Would you say there were discrepancies/differences between colleges in terms of teaching and course/exam structure?

Or is the course universal and just taught a the different colleges?

(I must admit this has always puzzled me
A little early i know, but i am heading out now, so :hnn: and all the best for 2012 guys and girls.
Original post by SabreT

Original post by SabreT

Are you f***in kiddin me? lol.

I have got Biochem: MCQ. Practical , essay
Anatomy: clinical essay, MCQ
Physiology: one essay, MCQ and Practical and my supervisor said whoever fails the essay might risk not getting entered for the exam in June unless but I think he's just scaring us.
Original post by rumandraisin

Original post by rumandraisin
A little early i know, but i am heading out now, so :hnn: and all the best for 2012 guys and girls.

I decided to not go out - because I know I will end up doing something I'll regret the next morning. So I am going to stay at home.
Original post by carcinoma

Would you say there were discrepancies/differences between colleges in terms of teaching and course/exam structure?

Nooooo. Some colleges have better supervisors but the material covered is so simple compared to what the supervisors know that all supervisors can support the students to the best. But it's the college environment that makes some perform better than others. For example the hill colleges usually tend to have sooo many events going on so that ppl tend to party a lot and thus perform a bit worse than colleges like Trinity where no one goes out! Well, actually, they do... to a scientific talk by some random scientists lol.. .
Reply 7871
Are you f***in kiddin me? lol.

I have got Biochem: MCQ. Practical , essay
Anatomy: clinical essay, MCQ
Physiology: one essay, MCQ and Practical and my supervisor said whoever fails the essay might risk not getting entered for the exam in June unless but I think he's just scaring us.

lol at your physiology supervisor. There's no way he's serious, but no one will fail it because by him saying that people will be scared into working.

Exam structure is exactly the same, everyone is entered for the same ones regardless of college. Teaching is a bit different between different colleges; some supervisors at some colleges are more militant than others. So at some colleges, students get 3-4 essays a week and the pressure is higher. At other colleges with more sane supervisors, the workload isn't so heavy (2 essays a week). In terms of exam performance, it fluctuates year on year. Some colleges have consistently good results (the majority gets 2.i and above), but no college 'dominates' medicine per se.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SabreT

Original post by SabreT
lol at your physiology supervisor. There's no way he's serious, but no one will fail it because by him saying that people will be scared into working.

Exam structure is exactly the same, everyone is entered for the same ones regardless of college. Teaching is a bit different between different colleges; some supervisors at some colleges are more militant than others. So at some colleges, students get 3-4 essays a week and the pressure is higher. At other colleges with more sane supervisors, the workload isn't so heavy (2 essays a week). In terms of exam performance, it fluctuates year on year. Some colleges have consistently good results (the majority gets 2.i and above), but no college 'dominates' medicine per se.

I disagree on that lol. Emma and downing always have ppl in top ten. I am not from any of the two btw.
Reply 7873
I disagree on that lol. Emma and downing always have ppl in top ten. I am not from any of the two btw.

One person out of 18 doesn't really equal dominate does it? Last year Jesus had someone (maybe 2 I think) in the top 10, Queens got a lot firsts, yet these two are pretty much never mentioned as much as the colleges with a 'reputation' for medicine :rolleyes:

If a college consistently gets say a first from half of its intake year in year out, then you can comfortably say it dominates. But that never happens, it always fluctuates year on year.
Reply 7874
Happy New Year from HKG everyone!!!!

(Should have said that 6 hours ago but I just got back :tongue: )

:party::party::party::party:

:woo:
Happy 2012!! Whooop :smile:
And here is my drunken new years post everyone, etc etc

wehfwueigwpgbsdjbvsdpae...
Reply 7877
Happy new year everyone!
Happy new year you lot and a merry 2012.
Reply 7879
I love my Boron and it loves me. :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending