The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brand New Eyes
W&L is so long though! I am slowly dying/crying at all the things I

i) do not remember
ii) have not and need to learn
iii) random curve lines on graphs that touch each other in different positions :mad:

my exam is in ... 3 weeks! :eek:

Oh wow C4 already? We only just slightly finished C3

:rofl: Awkward how I've been thinking your avatar was you this whole time rather than cover art. Oh BNE what are you like.

Illmatic, y u no post UCAS 2012 in sig?

oh and I'm just... :banana:

Lol I'm sure you'll be fine! I plan to get cracking as soon as with W&L cos it seems tough :afraid:

I'm sitting C3 as well :smile: Lol yup its cover art...did you google Illmatic :wink: :P

Just incase someone from school recognises me :ninja:

at 3 in the morn? :P
Reply 6821
Original post by jamiepango
Just realised that I have 40 past papers to do in around 22 days.... :bricks:

:eek: How is that possible?! I have around 20 but only 13 of them need doing in the next three weeks, I normally have bursts of motivation for past papers so will probably do 2 or 3 in one day and then none for a couple of days

Original post by -Illmatic-
Is no one doing F585?

I'm not good with all these codes, what science is that?

Oh that makes more sense :P Oh those maths papers! You don't really need to do all 40 though! maybe just like 10 for each would suffice?

Original post by Tateco
:eek: How is that possible?! I have around 20 but only 13 of them need doing in the next three weeks, I normally have bursts of motivation for past papers so will probably do 2 or 3 in one day and then none for a couple of days

It's better to be over prepared than under prepared though. It just seems a lot because I didn't do that much over the holidays, which is entirely my fault.

I'm doing the Solomon papers for M1 on top of the standard past papers. For C3, I've done all the Solomon papers already, but I'm doing the Elmwood papers as well. It works out to about 2 papers a day up to my exams so it's doable :colone:
It's better to be over prepared than under prepared though. It just seems a lot because I didn't do that much over the holidays, which is entirely my fault.

I'm doing the Solomon papers for M1 on top of the standard past papers. For C3, I've done all the Solomon papers already, but I'm doing the Elmwood papers as well. It works out to about 2 papers a day up to my exams so it's doable :colone:

:eek: You have an impressive work ethic. :yes:
Extract B (lines 25-26) refers to macroeconomic stability as a ‘crucial ingredient for an
economy wanting to face global challenges successfully’.

Using the data and your economic knowledge, evaluate the contribution that macroeconomic
stability in the UK may make in facing the challenges posed by economies such as China.
(25 marks)

WTH ? I don't get it ? any ideas on how to approach this.
please help me :smile:

I went on about how government should ideally be able to use fical & monetary & supply-side policy to tackle the threat that China imposes when its service sector grows & outcompetes ours :/ But that's a really weak point in my opinion
Original post by alex_hk90
:eek: You have an impressive work ethic. :yes:

It's not so much work ethic, more a case of the fear of failure (and being in a Chinese family) which drives me to do better :colondollar:
Reply 6826
Original post by Moiraclaire
Extract B (lines 25-26) refers to macroeconomic stability as a ‘crucial ingredient for an

Using the data and your economic knowledge, evaluate the contribution that macroeconomic
stability in the UK may make in facing the challenges posed by economies such as China.
(25 marks)

I went on about how government should ideally be able to use fical & monetary & supply-side policy to tackle the threat that China imposes when its service sector grows & outcompetes ours :/ But that's a really weak point in my opinion

I haven't done econ 4 yet so not much help, but surely it's just asking you to evaluate how stability affects an economy's international competitiveness? You could also talk about the rapidly expanding consumer market in China and stability may be vital to ensure products can be exported to that market without too much fluctuation in price. Just guessing really.
Original post by Tateco
I haven't done econ 4 yet so not much help, but surely it's just asking you to evaluate how stability affects an economy's international competitiveness? You could also talk about the rapidly expanding consumer market in China and stability may be vital to ensure products can be exported to that market without too much fluctuation in price. Just guessing really.

ahhh yerh!

Thank you.I was so stuck on this question.
It's not so much work ethic, more a case of the fear of failure (and being in a Chinese family) which drives me to do better :colondollar:

Do you know where I can get OCR elmwood papers, for AS maths?
Reply 6829
Original post by Moiraclaire

(25 marks)

What about developing countries increasing demand for commodities, such as oil, hence a threat of accelerating inflation with all of its costs -- and stabilisation policy aimed at taming it? Low inflation is also often considered a foundation for other macroeconomic objectives (though the deflationary bias can be irritating :smile:).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dat Guy
What about developing countries increasing demand for commodities, such as oil, hence a threat of accelerating inflation with all of its costs -- and stabilisation policy aimed at taming it? Low inflation is also often considered a foundation for other macroeconomic objectives (though the deflationary bias can be irritating :smile:).

YES! that's perfect,, thank you so much !!!

I think I'm learning how to think for this exam now :smile:
Original post by tooambitious
Do you know where I can get OCR elmwood papers, for AS maths?

I use the free exam papers website, but I'm not sure whether they have Elmwood papers for OCR...
I use the free exam papers website, but I'm not sure whether they have Elmwood papers for OCR...

thanks, i'll check it out :smile:
5 offers - Surrey/Cardiff/Sussex/Swansea/Portsmouth
Original post by Tateco

I'm not good with all these codes, what science is that?

Econ: Global Economy
:king1: and the number one prize for the most irrelevant question goes to:

Analyse how the concepts of diminishing returns and diseconomies of scale can be applied to the leisure market

- Jan 2011

Analyse how the concepts of diminishing returns and diseconomies of scale can be applied to the leisure market

- Jan 2011

sorry, i accidentally neg repped, will make up for it.

- Jan 2011

Work and Leisure... the only thing I hate more than Mechanics. :angry:
Original post by -Illmatic-
Lol I'm sure you'll be fine! I plan to get cracking as soon as with W&L cos it seems tough :afraid:

I'm sitting C3 as well :smile: Lol yup its cover art...did you google Illmatic :wink: :P

Just incase someone from school recognises me :ninja:

at 3 in the morn? :P

It's not too bad :P I just prefer Macro. I expect to be bs-ing alot in my exam though. Oh dear OCR, y u no make things fun?

I just did after you said that! Oooh! makes sense now, but I just saw the video in your sig.

Oh you are protective over your identity! :tongue: I never thought about that, you're applying to LSE and... erm :/ (not even sure if thats right, should I PM you?)

By banana I meant chilling and not doing Econ :frown:

Original post by 94george94
Work and Leisure... the only thing I hate more than Mechanics. :angry:

:console:

W&L ... the only thing I hate more than... oh wait. nothing.

Why does everyone do Mechanics? S1-S3 4 lyf
It's not too bad :P I just prefer Macro. I expect to be bs-ing alot in my exam though. Oh dear OCR, y u no make things fun?

I just did after you said that! Oooh! makes sense now, but I just saw the video in your sig.

Oh you are protective over your identity! :tongue: I never thought about that, you're applying to LSE and... erm :/ (not even sure if thats right, should I PM you?)

By banana I meant chilling and not doing Econ :frown:

I figured most people that care a)have a rough idea or b)will PM me if they're that interested :P

yup PM me ^.^

Latest

Trending

Trending