The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Original post by skipp
Tempted to buy summer wars, anyone like/dislike it and want to recommend it either way? :o:

One of the best anime films in recent years :yes:

Original post by vin
Just saw this on twitter http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/12/26/japanese-voice-actors-pick-top-seiyuu-and-anime-of-2011

Best Anime of 2011
#1: Uta no Prince-sama :lolwut:

"1 day ago by caraniel
UtaPri!? LMFAO"
:hmmm: I see you

mirrai nikki 12

Spoiler

Stop stalking me......:erm:
Reply 2501
I watched Ocean waves today (mainly because I had to start working through the recorded Ghibli backlog and it was the shortest). At first I was meh and it was dragging, but then it picked up and I ended up liking it quite a bit. Three films in and finally a good one after the dated Norse prince, and ****e Tales from Earthsea :borat:
Reply 2502
Just wanna wish fellow anime otaku peeps a happy new year, stay safe, healthy good luck with exams if any and have a good one.

PS. Winter season anime cannot wait!
The results for the AniBloggers Choice Anime Awards got posted earlier, which was the first thing I've participated in with other bloggers (don't worry, I won't turn into Cara :p:). Over 45 bloggers voted for their 12 favorite anime of the year, and the votes were added up to make an overall top 12. Which ended up looking quite different from my personal top 12, and confirmed that I really need to watch Ano Hana and Mawaru Penguindrum if nothing else from the shows I skipped this year.

For those who're interested but can't be bothered leaving TSR, here's the ACAA list:

12: The World god Only Knows Season 2
11: Tiger and Bunny
10: Working'!!
9: Hanasaku Iroha & Nichijou (joint)
8: Hourou Musuko
7: Mirai Nikki
6: Mawaru Penguindrum
5: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku Tachi Wa Mada Shiranai
4: Fate/Zero
3: Steins;Gate
2: Usagi Drop
1: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

...and my list for comparison. :giggle:

12: Shinryaku!? Ika Musume
11: Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu!
10: Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing
9: Chihayafuru
8: Usagi Drop
7: Kaiji 2
6: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
5: Mirai Nikki
4: Hourou Musuko
3: Nichijou
2: Fate/Zero
1: Steins;Gate
Reply 2504
Original post by AngryJellyfish

For those who're interested but can't be bothered leaving TSR, here's the ACAA list:

12: The World god Only Knows Season 2- Wow I was getting bored of it by the end of season 1.
11: Tiger and Bunny :borat:
10: Working'!! Fun, but above T&B?
9: Hanasaku Iroha & Nichijou (joint) Haven't seen enough of Nichijou, but again Hanasaku above T&B? :lolwut:
8: Hourou Musuko- if this is what I think it is I watched three episodes, fell behind when I didn't charge my ipod and suddenly it was months later. And I was really enjoying it too.
7: Mirai Nikki- still on episode 6, but fun. Just haven't been in an anime mood
6: Mawaru Penguindrum- first choice for most overrated show of the year had Madoka not appeared on this list
5: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku Tachi Wa Mada Shiranai- I have that to watch
4: Fate/Zero Haven't seen
3: Steins;Gate :borat:
2: Usagi Drop Was pleasant enough if largely unmemorable, really this is second place above T&B and SteinsGate?
1: Puella Magi Madoka Magica- The feelings I have towards this show are probably a bit similiar to the feelings certain people have towards my love of MLP- mild confusion over how it's quite so liked in comparison to other shows. It was a serviceable enough show, good for a viewing, but not some awe-inspiring anime to me. It's a 7 maybe 8 out of 10 series for me

Of course my memory is so ****e I can't recall much of what I've watched this year.

And I've certainly got more grumpy/bitchy/fussy towards anime then I have been in my earlier TSR years :yes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2505
The results for the AniBloggers Choice Anime Awards got posted earlier, which was the first thing I've participated in with other bloggers (don't worry, I won't turn into Cara :p:). Over 45 bloggers voted for their 12 favorite anime of the year, and the votes were added up to make an overall top 12. Which ended up looking quite different from my personal top 12, and confirmed that I really need to watch Ano Hana and Mawaru Penguindrum if nothing else from the shows I skipped this year.

Spoiler

8: Usagi Drop
7: Kaiji 2
6: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
5: Mirai Nikki
4: Hourou Musuko
3: Nichijou
2: Fate/Zero
1: Steins;Gate
why are you posting their crap here :huff: next you'll be snubbing us too.:unimpressed:

that Ano.... series is one i thought about checking out.. its rated 10 on AP:lolwut:
Reply 2506
AnoHana was pretty rubbish IMHO - it's the worst kind of emotionally manipulative series - even worse than the usual Key/Jun Maeda show because it lacks the same level of character development. The entire final episode felt like someone hammering me over the head going "CRY!!! CRY DAMN YOU!!! WHY AREN'T YOU CRYING YET!???" which just ruined any small amount of positive feelings I had left for the show originally.
i need to get round to watching that last ep of Ano Hana, was meant to watch it after i got back from china but i never did :lolwut:

Anaru :jiggy:
Original post by eugenius 8
i need to get round to watching that last ep of Ano Hana, was meant to watch it after i got back from china but i never did :lolwut:

Anaru :jiggy:

oh its not a bad episode :biggrin: I mean I had some problems with it, but have you seen it yet?
The sound of the Big Ben at midnight reminds me of the train scene in The Girl Who Leapt Through Time... somehow. XD

Anyway, happy new year, everyone!
Reply 2510
Any recommendations for something similar to GTO? (Or, what's the funniest anime you've seen?)
Original post by scherzi
Any recommendations for something similar to GTO? (Or, what's the funniest anime you've seen?)

The series that immediately springs to mind is Gokusen due to its similar setting, a tough and unlikely character trying to be a teacher. :yes:

As for the funniest anime I've ever seen, it's probably still Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu. :rofl:
Now I've finished the first season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, would Maria Holic be a good idea? :beard:
Original post by Liquidus Zeromus
Now I've finished the first season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, would Maria Holic be a good idea? :beard:

Maria Holic is always a good idea. :yes:
A traptastic idea... :biggrin:
Reply 2515
The series that immediately springs to mind is Gokusen due to its similar setting, a tough and unlikely character trying to be a teacher. :yes:

As for the funniest anime I've ever seen, it's probably still Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu. :rofl:

Thanks, I'll give them a watch
Reply 2516
Ok, for my flight, I've been preparing another batch of anime to watch. I already have three, but I'm undecided between Genshiken, Lupin III Part III and Saiyuki for the forth? Which would you choose? :smile:
Reply 2517

Original post by Aiko
Ok, for my flight, I've been preparing another batch of anime to watch. I already have three, but I'm undecided between Genshiken, Lupin III Part III and Saiyuki for the forth? Which would you choose? :smile:

genshiken because its the only one of those ive seen, and I told you to watch it ages ago :hmmm:
Reply 2518
Original post by Aiko

Ooh tough. Would probably go with Genshiken although Saiyuki is pretty good for marathoning
Reply 2519
Original post by vin
genshiken because its the only one of those ive seen, and I told you to watch it ages ago :hmmm:

Original post by caraniel
Ooh tough. Would probably go with Genshiken although Saiyuki is pretty good for marathoning

Thanks, Genshiken it is. I already have Fairy Tail to marathon (originally intended for the flight here), so it'll be nice to watch something shorter. :smile:

Latest