The Student Room Group

How hard are A levels?

I'm going to be doing History, English Lit, Government & Politics and Philosophy & Ethics

I'm expected A's and A*'s for everything on the list apart from G&P because I haven't done it yet

People say A levels are much harder than GCSE's, how though?
Harder than GCSEs, easier than a degree.

Come on, it's purely subjective. You'll find out yourself just how hard A levels are soon enough when you take the bleedin' things.
Less hard than diamonds.

They can be difficult, though.
You have to be really good with your time management. You tend to be expected to do a lot more work on your own outside of classes, and there's a lot of private study. There's also a higher work load, so you need to plan your time carefully. It's going to be harder and in more depth than GCSEs, so I also think it's important to have a real interest in the subjects you are studying.
Reply 4
A-level content covers a greater depth and breadth than GCSE does - but if you put the hours in you wont go far wrong :holmes:
Reply 5
I panicked before very exam and stressed ridiculous amounts before my first AS exam, but turned out that once you calm down and sit with a clear head it becomes easier- as long as you do sensible amounts of revision and don't waste all year partying, then they can eb relatively straight forward!! :smile:
Reply 6
OP, With your planned AS Levels I'd say not too bad, not too bad at all

Quick Reply

Latest