The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Both references just sent in. Now to play the waiting game but i hear that UCL are lightning fast with regards to responses unlike Imperial who just keep you hanging for ages.
Reply 301
Original post by Tripo
Both references just sent in. Now to play the waiting game but i hear that UCL are lightning fast with regards to responses unlike Imperial who just keep you hanging for ages.

6 weeks :s-smilie: Mine was complete 4 weeks ago... Still waiting.
Reply 302
Original post by MiaMoo

Original post by MiaMoo
6 weeks :s-smilie: Mine was complete 4 weeks ago... Still waiting.

no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't think i can bear that wait. What course did you apply for and whats your background? I think a lot of it is to do with the departments. Some are really organised and well staffed so will get back to you very quickly.
Original post by Tripo

Yeah, you hear wrong - I submitted Nov 21 and still am waiting.

MSc Economics, International application
Original post by janjanmmm
Yeah, you hear wrong - I submitted Nov 21 and still am waiting.

MSc Economics, International application

depends on the subject though. I heard in 10 days last year. In general I think UCL is fairly quick in comparison to say Cambridge.
Original post by Xristina
depends on the subject though. I heard in 10 days last year. In general I think UCL is fairly quick in comparison to say Cambridge.

I guess, but I heard from Edinburgh in 10 days for the same subject.
It probably is a luck of the draw :wink:
Reply 306

I guess, but I heard from Edinburgh in 10 days for the same subject.
It probably is a luck of the draw :wink:

I trump both of you, I heard from sheffield in 4 days without one referee submitting anything. For structural engineering(sheffield is one of the best in the country for civil/structures). lol. Doesn't look like its going to be the same response from UCL. Heres hoping that the engineering department is better than others.
Original post by Tripo
I trump both of you, I heard from sheffield in 4 days without one referee submitting anything. For structural engineering(sheffield is one of the best in the country for civil/structures). lol. Doesn't look like its going to be the same response from UCL. Heres hoping that the engineering department is better than others.

:confused:

:rolleyes:
Reply 308

:confused:

:rolleyes:

Sorry hahahaha. I thought we were having a competition on which university gave the quickest replies. Only just realised how arrogant and idiotic my post sounded.
Original post by Tripo
Sorry hahahaha. I thought we were having a competition on which university gave the quickest replies. Only just realised how arrogant and idiotic my post sounded.

:biggrin:
Original post by felixbr
If I remember correctly, my referees were only able to submit their references after I submitted my application. A quick look at my submission from last year and it was written

"Thank you for submitting an application to study at UCL. Your application is currently being held until we have received uploaded references from your named referees...."

Thank you for the info.
Reply 311
Screwed up the interview - expecting a rejection :frown: Still haven't got a reply though...
Reply 312
yayy, got a conditional offer, now need to find a source of finance, it's 20k........ for god sake....
Reply 313
After "application complete" what should*it change to? Seriously sort it out UCL. How long does it take to decide on one persons application.
Reply 314
Did anyone apply for the jointly convened course between UCL and Queen Mary- History of Political Thought and Intellectual History?
submitted my application for a PhD in Classics yesterday. One reference is already up and hopefully the second will be up soon.

Is anyone applying for the UCL Research Studentships?
Just submitted my application for M.A. History in the School of Slavonic & Eastern European Studies. Eeeek!
Reply 317
I just got my conditional offer... :redface:

Does anyone know how strict they are in terms of meeting the conditions of the offer? Like if you miss the conditions by a minimum?
Reply 318
Original post by Tripo
After "application complete" what should*it change to? Seriously sort it out UCL. How long does it take to decide on one persons application.

After Application Complete mine changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions". The course tutor will have already made a decision then and it is only up to the central admissions office to approve of or decline that decision (it took 2 days for me)
Reply 319
Hi there, I have applied for Statistics MSc, tho I don't like London that much...
I already have a Warwick offer and if it's going to be UCL vs Warwick I think I ll go for Warwick...
(plus RAE for Stats and OR: Warwick 2950 (4th) vs UCL 2500)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending