The Student Room Group

Fashion Applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've heard mixed things about Westminster fashion course. Yes the areas grim, the uni has a bit of a **** reputation, but the Fashion course is meant to be excellent; mainly due to Andrew Groves the new head lecturer. There was a great deal of posotive press surrounding last years graduate show, it was reviewed as 'stand out' in the guardian. I have spoken to a few of the current students on the course and they confirm all of the above. One of them has been in ID magazine, Vogue and Rhianna has worn her garments.

Despite the growing posotive reputation I would probably choose ST Martins If I had a choice between the two :')
I've applied to:
Kingston
Westminster
LCF
CSM
Brighton

Just got an email from Kingston this morning asking me to upload a mini-portfolio!
Freaking out!! :biggrin: :eek: :confused: :s-smilie:
Original post by ashleybeaty93
I've applied to:
Kingston
Westminster
LCF
CSM
Brighton

Just got an email from Kingston this morning asking me to upload a mini-portfolio!
Freaking out!! :biggrin: :eek: :confused: :s-smilie:

Hi! I also received an email from Kingston that says that I will have received an email asking me to upload the portfolio and that they postpone the deadline, but I haven't received this email concerning my uploading the portfolio.
Do you know why? Thanks!
Reply 23
Hi everyone,
Hoping to get updates and feedbacks on other about how applications are going
I applied to:
CSM: Fashion Design
NUCA: Fashion interview 31st jan
DMU:Fashion Design
Bath Spa: Fashion
UCA: Fashion Atelier -interview 18th jan

Have no idea what to expect or what to wear haha
So good luck everyone and how are everyone elses applications going?
What did you think of some of the unis?
and anyone have any blogs?

Katie x
Reply 24
Hi guys,

I've applied to:
Fashion Design Menswear at CSM
Fashion at Westminster
Fashion at Kingston
Fashion at UCA (epsom, where im currently doing my foundation)
and Fashion at MMU.

I have an interview day at UCA so far scheduled for the 25th - cant tell you how frustrated i am at the 'strongly discouraging A1 portfolios' when my FD tutors on foundation have been asking for that size...

Heard from westminster, but that was to say they've got my application.

Personally i really want CSM or Westminster predominantly because both include a sandwich year. (CSM students get amazing opportunities to intern abroad - a girl at the menswear open day spent half the year at Lanvin in Paris and half at Raf Simons in Antwerp!)

Hope all your interviews go well xx

Jack
Reply 25
I know, there was a womenswear student who worked on the royal wedding dress!

And UCA not wanting A1 portfolios is a bit of a bummer as its what i was told to have by my tutors and other uni admission tutors.

Good luck and merry christmas :smile:
x
Reply 26
Original post by thepwince

Original post by thepwince
Hi guys,

I've applied to:
Fashion Design Menswear at CSM
Fashion at Westminster
Fashion at Kingston
Fashion at UCA (epsom, where im currently doing my foundation)
and Fashion at MMU.

I have an interview day at UCA so far scheduled for the 25th - cant tell you how frustrated i am at the 'strongly discouraging A1 portfolios' when my FD tutors on foundation have been asking for that size...

Heard from westminster, but that was to say they've got my application.

Personally i really want CSM or Westminster predominantly because both include a sandwich year. (CSM students get amazing opportunities to intern abroad - a girl at the menswear open day spent half the year at Lanvin in Paris and half at Raf Simons in Antwerp!)

Hope all your interviews go well xx

Jack

Hello Jack
I am hoping to get into Wetminster or Central St Martins.
I have applied for 5 choices:
CSM- Fashion Design (Womenswear)
Westminster- Fashion Design
Northumbria- Fashion Marketing
Herriot Watt- Fashion
University of Leeds- Fashion Design

So far I have only recieved acknowledgement letters from HW and Westminster. I think all of my choices abar Leeds are renowned for doing the application process later, and not giving out interviews till 15th Jan deadline. I wish they would hurry up lol, it's a nerve racking wait.
Good luck, let me know when you hear back and how you have got on!
:smile:
I am also hoping for
Reply 27
Original post by lottie51
I'm applying for Westminster too. Which is your course preference out of buying and merchandising? Good luck! Hope you get in.

Probably merchandising, im decent at maths, or I used to be! haha
I know a few buyers from internaticonale and republic and they say the jobs are over subscribed for and so are the courses (Wmin only takes 40 students on each course each year for merchandising and buying!)

Spoke to the assistant buying manager from internationale on NYE and she said to go for merchandising, she said the only reason she didnt do it is because she wasnt so illiterate at maths. She also said theres more job opportunities and better money in it apparently!

Have you heard anything from anywhere yet?

Annie
I have applied to fashion business courses at:

LCF - Interview on the 27th Jan
Westminster - Interview on the 16th Jan
UCA - Interview on the 1st Feb
Winchester School of Art - Offer
Heriot Watt - Offer

Anyone else hear back from these places?
Original post by alanakennedy
Just got an interview for Fashion Merchandising Management at Westminster for the 16th of January...any one else?

I have one on the 16th of January but for Management Buying :smile: Good luck!
Reply 30
Original post by NightAddict
Hi all,
I've applied to the following-

LCF- Fashion Management
LCF- Fashion Retail Management
Westminister- Fashion Buying and Merchandising
MMU- Fashion Buying and Merchandising

I'm studying 3 A-levels and my predictions are over the entry points so fingers crossed all will go well!

So far I've got a conditional from MMU which is my back back back up however apparently we dont hear from others for another month or so...

X

Ive applied for 4/5 courses youve picked too!
only one I havent is fashion retail mmgt, gone for international fashion management instead!
Quite scared about the interviews etc, which one are you hoping to get on to the most?
Im leaning more towards merchandising at wmin!

Annie
Reply 31
Just got an interview for Fashion Merchandising Management at Westminster for the 16th of January...any one else?

Argh, when did you send off your application... I have received nothing yet from all 5 of my choices!! :frown:((((((((
Reply 32
Original post by AnnieJJ
Argh, when did you send off your application... I have received nothing yet from all 5 of my choices!! :frown:((((((((

Try not to worry just yet, i sent mine off on the 15th of Dec and have only heard anything from 3 of my choices. If you sent yours at a similar time it might just be that the Uni's were already shut for christmas and havent opened back up yet :smile:

Where did you apply? x
Reply 33
Original post by Fashionlive
I have applied to fashion business courses at:

LCF - Interview on the 27th Jan
Westminster - Interview on the 16th Jan
UCA - Interview on the 1st Feb
Winchester School of Art - Offer
Heriot Watt - Offer

Anyone else hear back from these places?

For your UCA interview, do you have to do a written test?
As i applied for Fashion Design at UCA and part of my interview is a written test, was wondering if its the same for Fashion Business and whether you had any idea what it is?
:biggrin:
Good luck in all your interviews x
Original post by AnnieJJ

I wouldn't worry, I was probably one of the first, my UCAS was finally sent off on October 1st, so I've been waiting ageeeees. :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Kaytee-ox
Try not to worry just yet, i sent mine off on the 15th of Dec and have only heard anything from 3 of my choices. If you sent yours at a similar time it might just be that the Uni's were already shut for christmas and havent opened back up yet :smile:

Where did you apply? x

I wouldn't worry, I was probably one of the first, my UCAS was finally sent off on October 1st, so I've been waiting ageeeees. :smile:

I sent mine off around the 15th of Dec as well... emailed admissions yesterday and they replied today saying their staff at Wmin are back on the 9th of Jan and we will be notfied of our interviews after that!

I applied for:
Westminster, Harrow - Fashion Merchandising Management
Westminster, Harrow - Fashion Buying Management
LCF - Fashion Management
LCF - International Fashion Management
MMU - Fashion Buying and Merchandising Management

You?
Reply 36
Original post by AnnieJJ
I sent mine off around the 15th of Dec as well... emailed admissions yesterday and they replied today saying their staff at Wmin are back on the 9th of Jan and we will be notfied of our interviews after that!

I applied for:
Westminster, Harrow - Fashion Merchandising Management
Westminster, Harrow - Fashion Buying Management
LCF - Fashion Management
LCF - International Fashion Management
MMU - Fashion Buying and Merchandising Management

You?

Bath Spa (fashion design)- entry project (which i only got today)
NUCA (fashion design)- Interview
CSM (fashion design)- heard nothing yet :frown:!
UCA/Rochester (Fashion Atelier)- Interview
DMU(fashion design)- only got like a thanks for you're application letter

Hope you start hearing from places soon and that its good news :smile: x
Reply 37
Finally heard from mmu, got a conditional straight away, they must not have an interview process fOr their fashion buying and merchandising course! :smile: xx
Hey!

Sent my application off Dec 20th for:

LCF- Fashion Sportswear (acknowledged)
AUCB- Fashion Studies (interview)
Ravensbourne- Fashion Lifestyle (waiting)
Demontfort- Contour Fashion (interview Feb 1st)
Brighton- Fashion with Business stuides (acknowledged)

Anyone else applying for the same one's? Good luck everybody with interviews and everything! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by living0utloud
Hey!

Sent my application off Dec 20th for:

LCF- Fashion Sportswear (waiting)
Goldsmith- Design (waiting)
Ravensbourne- Fashion Lifestyle (waiting)
Demontfort- Contour Fashion (interview Feb 1st)
Brighton- Fashion with Business stuides (acknowledged)

Anyone else applying for the same one's? Good luck everybody with interviews and everything! :smile:

DMU but for Normal fashion, havent had anything but an acknowledgement :frown:
Good luck with interview, the contour course looked amazing :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest