The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Karma Charger
Really not enjoying the show at all these days. The plot and writing is just so mundane and predictable IMO. I thought Ted was the main character but there's been barely any focus on him since he broke up with Zoey...

well they can't really bring in a girl now who could be the mother, because we know they meet at A wedding (not necessarily barneys IIRC, could be wrong) so they HAVE to focus more on Barney.
Reply 641
kinda enjoyed the new episode :yes:
Original post by Mess.
Tbh I have always thought Ted was the worst character on the show and he really bugged me but now that he is not the focal point I find that the other characters are becoming more annoying. It is not like Friends were they were all equally the main characters, in this Ted has always been the main character with the rest supporting, so they were all slight caricatures. Now there is just too much of each character about, showcasing how repetitive they are :sad:

Of course it is not like Friends, I don't think it was ever intended for it to be like Friends.

Ted to me is one of those characters that you love some of the time and hate some of the time... recently I hate him so I am glad for the lack of him. I do however like Lily and Marshall as they try to get their baby, Barney's lead up to his wedding and Robin who is on a journey to becoming a number one news anchor.
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
well they can't really bring in a girl now who could be the mother, because we know they meet at A wedding (not necessarily barneys IIRC, could be wrong) so they HAVE to focus more on Barney.

I am pretty sure it is Barney's wedding, I believe it was mentioned within the show already it is Barney's wedding that he meets his future wife.
Reply 643
I actually prefer Ted to be the focal point and have mixed feelings about this season.

The last two episodes in particular have not been good, Robin's story ruined the general good vibe of the story lines and Monday's episode should have really had them in the bar together recollecting to feed off each other with a few witty comments (mainly focus on Puzzles and the news thing).

Potentially trying to be too deep and do too much at the moment which is bad.

They need to return to the Ted finding his women and Robin and Barney crushing on each other with a little bit of the pregnancy.

They need to get rid of the psychologist, he was great in Van Wilder but is too serious in this.
Original post by Rakas21
They need to return to the Ted finding his women and Robin and Barney crushing on each other with a little bit of the pregnancy.

Did you watch any of the previous episodes? Ted finds his future wife at Barney's wedding which is coming on soon, Robin and Barney are over as she has a BF and she also can't get pregnant. I personally loved the last episode about Marshall and his father, much better than what you want imo.

Seriously are you sure you watch this show?
Original post by tehFrance
Of course it is not like Friends, I don't think it was ever intended for it to be like Friends.

Ted to me is one of those characters that you love some of the time and hate some of the time... recently I hate him so I am glad for the lack of him. I do however like Lily and Marshall as they try to get their baby, Barney's lead up to his wedding and Robin who is on a journey to becoming a number one news anchor.

I am pretty sure it is Barney's wedding, I believe it was mentioned within the show already it is Barney's wedding that he meets his future wife.

It's definitely Barney's wedding it was revealed at the end of season six.
Reply 646
Did you watch any of the previous episodes? Ted finds his future wife at Barney's wedding which is coming on soon, Robin and Barney are over as she has a BF and she also can't get pregnant. I personally loved the last episode about Marshall and his father, much better than what you want imo.

Seriously are you sure you watch this show?

I have seen every single episode.

There is no telling whether Barney gets married at the end of season 7 or season 8, as such there is time for a love interest (pity he did not get back with Victoria).

She does not love the guy and Barney clearly still has feelings for her, there is also twist potential for adoption or cure or insemination into somebody else.

I did not think the Marshall thing was bad, just that the three differing story lines were too much for 20 minutes and i suggested an alternative.
Victoria. Ugh, I hated that bitch. Sooo annoying.
Reply 648
Has there been an episode since the xmas break? This is an awesome show and i dont want it to end! Love Marshall he awesome, and obvs Barney
Original post by Rakas21
I have seen every single episode.

There is no telling whether Barney gets married at the end of season 7 or season 8, as such there is time for a love interest (pity he did not get back with Victoria).

She does not love the guy and Barney clearly still has feelings for her, there is also twist potential for adoption or cure or insemination into somebody else.

I did not think the Marshall thing was bad, just that the three differing story lines were too much for 20 minutes and i suggested an alternative.

Really?

I remember seeing that it was at the end of Season 7 but then it goes back to flash backs of how they met :colonhash:

And you know she does not love the guy how? seriously it is a TV show. She never has kids, this has been said in Season 7, Episode 12 - "Symphony of Illumination"... did you see this one? :lolwut:

They have done that before and it worked, it worked too here again.
Reply 650
Really?

I remember seeing that it was at the end of Season 7 but then it goes back to flash backs of how they met :colonhash:

And you know she does not love the guy how? seriously it is a TV show. She never has kids, this has been said in Season 7, Episode 12 - "Symphony of Illumination"... did you see this one? :lolwut:

They have done that before and it worked, it worked too here again.

I had assumed that it would be the end of series 7 but they are running out of episodes to get it together so it must be series 8.

I shall watch episode 12 again but i do remember it saying that she specifically never has kids (just that she cannot get pregnant at this time) so it opens the door for a future twist.
Original post by -SlyScry-
Has there been an episode since the xmas break? This is an awesome show and i dont want it to end! Love Marshall he awesome, and obvs Barney

Yeah, aired on either the 2nd or 3rd (I watch online so I'm not sure exactly). Called 'Tailgate'.
Loved the latest episode...

Spoiler

How I Met Your Father :facepalm2: I know they were joking but that is taking the piss, they should of done it a while ago not now.
I really don't care about knowing who the mother is, I just watch it for the group. I'm happy it's being extended. I liked this episode, gave me a few laughs.
Reply 656
They know people only watch it because of the habit ffs :laugh:

Still an interesting article, and if it remains as funny as it is, I don't mind them dragging it out a bit longer. They have quite a lot to sort out about Robin and about Barney
I don't think I even care who it is anymore.

I'm enjoying the season so far. It's a good watch.

I think this would be pretty cool and perhaps a better idea than stringing the show out:

Thomas said another idea they've talked about was, "Finish the story at the end of Season 8 and then Season 9 is, 'Oh, by the way kids, I left some stuff out,' and it's just 24 little stories that took place over the course of the series, here and there. Like, 'Here's something funny that happened in 2006.'"
In the episode about Robin's pregnancy/not being able to have children there was a lot of things that bothered me. First of all, why didn't she make a home pregnancy test before telling Barney that she was pregnant? That wasn't realistic. Secondly, the hole pole vaulting thing. No one is that stupid, and the reactions from the friends were too much, too unrealistic, too annoying. They weren't behaving like normal people.

And then in general, I feel that the show isn't really moving forward. What happened with Robin's career? When they broke up 5 years ago it was so Robin could travel the world but she hasn't really been doing that (except for those short trips to Japan and Argentina). And she was supposed to be very accomplished, but so far I haven't really seen anything.

Quick Reply

Latest