The Student Room Group

The strangest phobias

I have some friends that have phobias I've never heard about and which I actually find really interesting and rare.

For example, one of my friends have what she calls 'Simpson Phobia' and everytime she sees a cartoon of yellow people or the Simpson gets scared as hell. Another friend has something similar but with blue cartoons, and she got terrified when she saw the comercial of 'Avatar' long ago (and still does), so she can't watch anything with blue skin. Another of my friends has a phobia with pigeons, she literally shrinks and thinks they are going to kill her because they have 'murderer eyes'.

Do you have or know someone that has a rare phobia like that ones? and if you do, why do you think it is?

EDIT: I am actually scared of the galaxy... I mean, its magnitude, its darkness and such. How the hell would you call that? 'Galaxy Phobia'? :curious:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have a phobia of Shetland ponies. No idea why, they just terrify me.
Reply 2
Those aren't phobias, that's racism.

Spoiler

Reply 3
Ever since I first watched it as a kid I have had a phobia of that dog at the start of Goosebumps with the yellow eyes...
"Octophobia: Fear of the number 8 "

Nah, just slightly claustrophobic
I have a phobia that this is true:

:ahee:
Reply 6
I've heard of people having phobias of buttons.
Reply 7
Original post by GQ.
I've heard of people having phobias of buttons.

Like this?

Spoiler

Or they just see a button and get terrifed? because I can't imagine what someone can see in a button, to be sincere. That's a a really weird one!
Arachibutyrophobia - phobia of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth
Aibohphobia - A fear of palendromes
Anatidaephobia - a fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

These are my favourite ones.
Reply 9
Original post by Ahotaru
Like this?

Spoiler

Or they just see a button and get terrifed? because I can't imagine what someone can see in a button, to be sincere. That's a a really weird one!

Haha no seriously. Just normal buttons. Weird I know :confused:
I'm terrified to the point of collapse of clowns. I can't help it - it stems from a particular event when I was very small.

My ex is scared of the skin on rice pudding.
I doubt they're that strange, but i am terrified of frogs/toads and birds, but mainly frogs/toads. I freeze if i see one in front of me and can't move.
Reply 12
Original post by brittanna

Anatidaephobia - a fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

lol
don't really know what to say.

Original post by GQ.
Haha no seriously. Just normal buttons. Weird I know :confused:

Genuinely weird XD

Original post by I<3GraphicNovels

My ex is scared of the skin on rice pudding.

Can I ask what does he actually think about it? just curious!
Reply 13
As well as Spiders, I hate balloons, and more specifically balloons that are being touched by people. If I see someone pick up a balloon I instantly panic and can't relax in case they pop it XD It's so, so stupid but as I child I always worried in case I had to complete one of those assault type courses which involved popping balloons lol.
Reply 14
Phobia of crocs.
Whenever I see them I feel sick and I don't want to live in this world anymore.
Original post by Ahotaru

Can I ask what does he actually think about it? just curious!

I wish I knew. He got sweaty and squeally whenever he saw some. He was the same with skin on soup, hot chocolate and custard. Bless him...
I have a fear of severed heads, or headless bodies. CANNOT watch beheadings in films or anything, I just can't.

Course, that's a pretty gory thing really, so I think it's justifiable. My husband just thinks I'm a freak though lol.
Reply 17
I get scared of balloons, particularly helium ones :O I feel like they're watching me from above, and if a breeze makes one drift towards me I have to leave the room 'cause it freaks me out...

That last sentence makes me sound like a nutter :colondollar:
Reply 18
I hate balloons, I feel like they're going to suffocate me. I have no idea why.
I have trypophobia and everyone laughs at me about it :colonhash:

edit: also, when I was little, I had a phobia of goths :rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending