The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olive12
Oh I sent mine on the 12th so hopefully I'll hear soon! Although, they're probably on a break for Christmas now...

I applied to Oxford (rejected after interview :frown: ), King's College (Offer), Bristol and Reading (offer). What about you?

Fingers crossed:smile:. I've applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, Warwick and Birmingham. Offers from the last two. Is Kings likely to be your firm?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 741
Original post by Junaid16
Fingers crossed:smile:. I've applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, Warwick and Birmingham. Offers from the last two. Is Kings likely to be your firm?

Yes, I'm going to wait to hear from the others before I firm it but it probably will be :biggrin:

Good luck with Cambridge!
Reply 742
Just got rejected pre-interview for English Lit, despite having 10A*s at GCSE, 3As and a B at AS and 4A* prediction at A2. Thought my PS and reference were good too. Haven't a clue why this happened
Reply 743
Original post by cmas123
Just got rejected pre-interview for English Lit, despite having 10A*s at GCSE, 3As and a B at AS and 4A* prediction at A2. Thought my PS and reference were good too. Haven't a clue why this happened

Won't most applicants have 4As at AS? that would be my initial guess..
they may have seen your predictions as over inflated due to having a B but predicted an A*?
albeit good your ps may not have been tailored enough for their specific course?

And you could ask for feedback?
Reply 744
Original post by cmas123

Well I'm screwed.
Reply 745
Original post by funkydee
Won't most applicants have 4As at AS? that would be my initial guess..
they may have seen your predictions as over inflated due to having a B but predicted an A*?
albeit good your ps may not have been tailored enough for their specific course?

And you could ask for feedback?

Yeah, the B was down to circumstances mentioned in my reference. My PS was definitely exactly focused to their course, and I would've thought that with everything considered I'd at least get an interview. I got an interview at Oxford, but I've been rejected. Yeah, I asked for feedback, but haven't got any back yet.
Reply 746
Will anyone be going to the open day on the 15th of February? :biggrin:
Original post by Francium
Will anyone be going to the open day on the 15th of February? :biggrin:

I'm going to be there. What subject? :smile:
Reply 748
Original post by nightmare91
I'm going to be there. What subject? :smile:

Economics. You? :smile:
Original post by Francium
Economics. You? :smile:

Also Economics, so I suppose we will see each other :biggrin:
Subject: Law with Europe
GCSE: 3A* 6A B
Subjects : Economics, Geography, History, Maths, Welsh Baccalaureate
Predicted: AAAAA
Original post by cmas123

A guy once quotes "everyone says their personal statement is good". I think it is hard to tell if your own personal statement is good. Although, I am surprised you didn't get an interview. I am assuming you went for Merton/Christ Church? Good luck with your application! :smile:
Reply 752
Original post by cmas123

it is definitely not the grades. 3A* or 4A* are good grades and exceeds their requirements. This is exactly what is spooking me as i am afraid that my PS is not good compared to peers , desptiete good grades and will pull my applications down. Can people appeal in cases like this? Let me know your feedback and development. Good luck to you. At least, i think they should give you an interview instead of just rejecting out right
Reply 753
Is anybody attending the post offer open day on the 8th February???? I have an offer to study Biomedical Science and its likely to be my insurance choice :biggrin:
Reply 754
Original post by cmas123

Oh wow, that is such a shame! :frown:

Perhaps it was the B at AS but I can't see that being incredibly significant... Was Warwick your first choice?
Reply 755
Original post by Kevin Wu
Subject: Law with Europe
GCSE: 3A* 6A B
Subjects : Economics, Geography, History, Maths, Welsh Baccalaureate
Predicted: AAAAA

We've applied for the same subject! If by 'with Europe' you mean the year abroad studying in English? :smile:
Subject: History & Politics
GCSEs: 8A*'s, 2A, 1B,1C
AS: AAAABC (Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Maths, History - messed up an essay, History of art - 2009)
A2 predictions: A*AAA
Subject: Law
GCSE: 8A*5A
AS: Maths (A), Further Maths (A), English Literature (B), German (B), General Studies (B)
A2 Predictions: A*A*AAA
Reply 758
got an interview for english lit!!!

gcse's 3A*, 5A, 2B
as AAACC
a2 predictions A*A*A

(+ Extended Project)
Reply 759
Original post by Olive12
Oh wow, that is such a shame! :frown:

Perhaps it was the B at AS but I can't see that being incredibly significant... Was Warwick your first choice?

It wasn't my first choice no, it was my 3rd. My Head of Sixth Form's ringing up tomorrow to see what the reason is, it's just a bit off putting in terms of waiting for other offers

Quick Reply

Latest