The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Watched Bronson. I liked it but couldn't help thinking there was something else to watch which was better.
Watched Drive earlier on today, and it was immense! Absolutely awesome! 9/10
Just had a flashback to that annoying 'kid reviewer' who was posted in here a few weeks ago.

God i hate that kid.
What's the name of that extra who makes his way into hundreds of films? I keep seeing him. :dunce:

Large, curly hair and spectacles.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
What's the name of that extra who makes his way into hundreds of films? I keep seeing him. :dunce:

Large, curly hair and spectacles.

Jesse Heiman.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1035503/
(edited 12 years ago)
Ahhh, sooo disappointed with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. It was about 20% film and 80% unecessary, irrelevant slo mo and fight scenes. It was more of a dull wrestling match than an intriguing Sherlock Holmes movie :frown:

But looking forward to watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo :biggrin:
Brody has gangsta homies.

Just saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and it was marvellous! Have the original Swedish Trilogy which I have yet to see but honestly I'm very impressed. Rooney Mara performance was outstanding though I'm a bit disappointed Daniel Craig was the only member of the cast that chose not to put a bit of a Swedish twang to their accent :tongue:
Reply 5308
Just watched Moneyball, a solid 6.5/10, made what on the surface isn't a very interesting subject matter into something very watchable but personally I like a touch more sentimentality in sports films like that. Very enjoyable overall though.
Original post by sheep_go_baa
Ahhh, sooo disappointed with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. It was about 20% film and 80% unecessary, irrelevant slo mo and fight scenes. It was more of a dull wrestling match than an intriguing Sherlock Holmes movie :frown:

But looking forward to watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo :biggrin:

Watch the first episode of the new series of Sherlock on the BBC. Much less action-heavy, and very satisfying for Holmes fans :yep:
Reply 5310
Loads of films clogging up the Sky+ box, needed clearing before I go back to uni plus my body clock is messed, so I've been killing two birds.

Just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, was very impressed. I thought it'd just be some black comedy time-killer, never thought I'd become emotionally invested in it, especially during the last 40 minutes or so. The ending was both brutal and bittersweet, and I enjoyed how there seemed to be two main characters.
Reply 5311

I wonder if he'll ever be given a bigger role in a film, or he'll just keep it real, stick to what he knows, etc.
Original post by Pi!
I wonder if he'll ever be given a bigger role in a film, or he'll just keep it real, stick to what he knows, etc.

Being in the background?! :awesome:

He is the hardest working actor in Hollywood tbh.
Original post by Jace Falco
Watch the first episode of the new series of Sherlock on the BBC. Much less action-heavy, and very satisfying for Holmes fans :yep:

Seen, it, I'm a fan. I think it may be part of the reason why I didn't like the movie. I was trying soo hard not to compare with them being so different and all but alas, I am no superman
I'm a little bit in love with this poster:

Tilt your screen/head to see it.
Reply 5316
Original post by Phalanges
I'm a little bit in love with this poster:

Tilt your screen/head to see it.

:awesome:
Eeew, I have brains splattered all over my screen cause my mind is blown, thanks Phalanges!

Spoiler

After I became a fan of Sherlock, I watched Atonement for the second time. I was quite surprised when I realised that a certain
person was in it.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5319
Phalanges
I'm a little bit in love with this poster.

Yeah, I absolutely adore that as well. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending