The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard about offers from Leeds yet? Or know when they're likely to get sent out?
Original post by derangedyoshi
I think it *might* have been a joke. Oxford/Cambridge rivalry etc. :P

giving it back, as you do.
Reply 4182
Original post by BeccaCath94
Hmm....a bit of a range you've got there! What prediction are on your ucas? Where have you applied?
Yeah i'll try to get into leeds but the offer is higher (if i even get one) but i really wanna go to lancaster!! Somewhere new!

i know, its a shame, i could have taken Law and got an A but decided against it and did full further.. AAB, with the B in further. and i have offers from nottingham (A*AB/AAA) and newcastle (AAB), waiting for offers from Leeds, edinburgh, liverpool :] hopefully to firm leeds and insure liverpool/edinburgh. I suppose so! im from newcastle and thats whats making me not want to go there tbh.
Original post by laughylolly
Congrats!!

I wish Durham would hurry up a bit but I know they probably won't. Same with St. Andrews.

Durham have already given out some offers...so they're not that slow :tongue:
Reply 4184
Cam people, don't expect your letters tomorrow. Only Trinity people, iirc, got their decisions on the scheduled posting date last year (although, that was in the middle of that great big **** off snow storm across the country).
For anyone who actually gets there letter tomorrow (which might not be all) good luck!
Original post by Zuzuzu
Cam people, don't expect your letters tomorrow. Only Trinity people, iirc, got their decisions on the scheduled posting date last year (although, that was in the middle of that great big **** off snow storm across the country).

I think a load of letters were held up last year. I've never had a message arrive later than the day after it was sent, and they were confirmed sent yesterday - as long as it was sent first class it should be fine, right?

...right? :s-smilie:
Original post by Zuzuzu

On the Christ's admissions blog they assured us that they would arrive tomorrow (Oh, I guess it's today).
Original post by Xero Xenith
I think a load of letters were held up last year. I've never had a message arrive later than the day after it was sent, and they were confirmed sent yesterday - as long as it was sent first class it should be fine, right?

...right? :s-smilie:

Mines was sent first class and it didn't come till Monday (delay in post)
Reply 4189
ben-smith
xyz

Xero Xenith
xyz

They may still come. I just remember a lot of complaints about late letters last year, and a lot of people had to call/email to get the outcome of their app.

My letter never actually came. :tongue:
Original post by Zuzuzu
They may still come. I just remember a lot of complaints about late letters last year, and a lot of people had to call/email to get the outcome of their app.

My letter never actually came. :tongue:

Was your letter lost? :confused:
Reply 4191
Original post by cpdavis
Was your letter lost? :confused:

The original one saying Sidney pooled me was lost in the post. The correction letter arrived 2 weeks later, though.
Original post by TheMagicMan
Durham have already given out some offers...so they're not that slow :tongue:

Not that many... only seen about 3 people who have heard back from them so far.
Original post by laughylolly
Not that many... only seen about 3 people who have heard back from them so far.

Durham can either be really fast or slow. They waited till March to get back to me for them to say no ...
Original post by cpdavis
Durham can either be really fast or slow. They waited till March to get back to me for them to say no ...

Aw okay. Hopefully I won't have to wait that long but I'll just have to bare with them I guess.
Wow, i got an offer from Trinity College Cambridge. Not bad for someone who in their interview differentiates 1/x and gets ln x ...
Original post by dom bradbury
Wow, i got an offer from Trinity College Cambridge. Not bad for someone who in their interview differentiates 1/x and gets ln x ...

Congratulations!
Reply 4197
Original post by dom bradbury

Congrats.
Cambridge offer in! Probs not meet it lol
Congratulations to all the mathmos who got offers. My thoughts to the ones who didn't :console:

Latest