The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilysaysrelax
Envelope analysis,
Thin or thick..
How many paragraphs ?

The envelope itself was fairly small (half the size of an A4 sheet) but I knew it was an offer pretty much straight away cos it was really thick. There were about 10 sheets of paper in it.
Reply 61
An1 from Queens???
I got a very small envelope, had an offer. My mum was like 'I was sure you were going to be rejected cause of the small envelope!'
Aaaahhh still can't believe it!
I hope this doesn't sound too sentimental but it's my late grandpa's birthday today. He worked and studied in Cambridge, although he lived in Australia, so to get an offer today just seems like a good tribute to his memory. It's just a shame that I can't tell him! When my sister got an offer the first thing she did was call him up... Anyway, very happy and thinking of him!
The offer that indicates that no one has received a reply from Emmanuel yet...

Uhh....
Yayayayayaya offer! :biggrin:
Reply 65
I was super grumpy when the postman didn't come today. I neeeeeed to know! Either way, I just want to know now! But congratulations and commiserations to those who have heard already.

(Decided it was high time I joined the forum, after stalking it for so long as a guest. Inaugural post ahoy!)
Original post by duchessofpadua
Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I'm an American student with an offer for English, the conditions being that I get scores of 5 on the three AP examinations I'm taking in May. Seeing as American universities want commitments just as early as Cambridge and there's not much of an accurate way to predict AP test results, will certain colleges (in this case, Newnham) be a bit flexible about this or do I just need to hope for a miracle?

Congratulations!!!!

You'll have to decide on the basis of which university you really want to go to and which one you can safely expect to get into.

I am also applying to US universities. Which one's are you applying to?

I know that offers from US universities are unconditional and they get to you before May (usually) so you can decide before then. I think the deadline for firming Cambridge is probably in May. Right? If that's correct then you'll probably be in a safe position to decide. ie. unless Cambridge is your absolute first choice. Then, you'll be taking a big risk when you decline the others and firm Cambridge because you'll be depending on your AP scores.
I am kind of in the same position so I know that it is going to be difficult. (provided I do get in to Cambridge and the US unis I am applying to.)
Original post by tgarrud
Offer for NatSci at Peterhouse! So chuffed :smile:

Anyone else hear from Peterhouse yet?

Congrats! The post hasn't come yet :frown:
Reply 68
Original post by {Unregistered}
The offer that indicates that no one has received a reply from Emmanuel yet...

Uhh....

I got one from Emmanuel too.
Reply 69
Original post by Morphius1

Same, just came, Phys NatSci :smile: well done
Original post by tgarrud
Offer for NatSci at Peterhouse! So chuffed :smile:

Anyone else hear from Peterhouse yet?

OK so I do in fact have an offer :smile: See you in October!
Got an offer for philosophy at Corpus Christi... :biggrin: :biggrin: anyone else?
Reply 72
...the stress is killing me. Am I allowed to call/email the admissions tutor and ask?! Or will they judge me negatively for that?
Original post by Morphius1

Lol sorry I meant to say "The offers thread here on TSR" indicates that.

I haven't received one yet.

I am just really hoping for one.

What did you apply for and are you an international?
Reply 74
Offer for Maths at Trinity. :biggrin:!
Reply 75
I'm an international who applied for Corpus Christi...
Still waiting for decision...
Original post by emilysaysrelax
Envelope analysis,
Thin or thick..
How many paragraphs ?

anyone

For Peterhouse, very thick with sheets about funding and visas. Lots of paragraphing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 77
LOL, I was kind of worried, then my headmaster emailed me that he received a copy of my offer. Truly great!!!!!
Reply 78
it took me a good 5 minutes to get enough nerves to finally open my email but I have an offer from King's for MML!!!

& I'm an international who flew all the way to Cambridge for interviews :smile:

I'M SO HAPPY! (& my conditions are doable - slightly less than the average IB offer - 38 points, 766 at HL)
Rejected from Peterhouse :frown: And by the way my letter was tiny, just one sheet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending