The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6940
Original post by sgurler
Thank you, UCL is my firm choice obviously if I get an offer. If I don't I'll go with SOAS most probably for my firm choice. I strongly prefer a university in central london :smile: Where did you apply? Are you doing FM?

Applied to Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and Bath. Not doing Further Maths :smile:

From Cambridge, oh well. Congrats to those with offers!
Reply 6942
Original post by DylanLJG

From Cambridge, oh well. Congrats to those with offers!

Looks like we are in the vast majority at the moment (well poolees/rejectees)!
Reply 6943
Offer from Fitzwilliam (Cambridge) for Economics :smile: A*AA with the A* in maths
Original post by Tateco
Looks like we are in the vast majority at the moment (well poolees/rejectees)!

I still think you'll get an offer. :wink:
Original post by stefl14
Conditional offer from Cambridge Gonville and Caius college A*AA! Ironically I'll probably get rejected from everywhere else because of my mediocre GCSE's (3A*5A,2B,1C)

Hey - CONGRATS! I'll be your Freshers Rep for next year and will be in charge of helping you guys settle in! My name is Bruno and I'm a first year engineer - join the fb group!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/201914753230679/
Reply 6946

Pretty sure that's what everyone says to everyone in the pool :wink: But thanks anyway :tongue:

Original post by fdot5
Offer from Fitzwilliam (Cambridge) for Economics :smile: A*AA with the A* in maths

Well done! Now don't be too arrogant about it on the Cambridge thread, the vast majority of people applying won't have had the same success and it's not fair to be horrible about it :smile:
Reply 6947
Original post by Tateco
Applied to Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and Bath. Not doing Further Maths :smile:

They are all very good unis. Good luck :smile:

^ I second this. Fingers crossed :crossedf:

Original post by Tateco
Pretty sure that's what everyone says to everyone in the pool :wink: But thanks anyway :tongue:

Good luck to everyone that has been placed in the pool, commiserations to those who have been rejected and congrats to those of you with offers
Reply 6950
offer too, at King's :smile:
Reply 6951
Original post by Tateco

Well done! Now don't be too arrogant about it on the Cambridge thread, the vast majority of people applying won't have had the same success and it's not fair to be horrible about it :smile:

sorry i will try and be a good person
Reply 6952
Original post by kaying
offer too, at King's :smile:

Well done :smile: What course?
I have been rejected as well (from Jesus). Good luck to all those who have been pooled!
Original post by sgurler
Well done :smile: What course?

It's the economics applicant thread...
So... unsuccessful with Cambridge, which is unsurprising due to A2 grades. Which brings me to my next problem:

Does anyone have any idea of the profile of the 'standard' successful UCL or LSE applicant, particularly their A2 results, once they've got in/if they're a post-A Level applicant? I understand that UCL and LSE are separate institutions so feel free to answer for one but not for the other.

Also, if UCL were likely to give me a place - bearing in mind that I applied pre-October 15th - should I have already been invited to an 'Open Day'?

Finally, does anyone know when the UCL 'Open Days' are? Just so I know I'm in the country if necessary...

Many thanks, pos rep to anyone who can answer comprehensively... or at all.
Original post by rupertj
So... unsuccessful with Cambridge, which is unsurprising due to A2 grades. Which brings me to my next problem:

Does anyone have any idea of the profile of the 'standard' successful UCL or LSE applicant, particularly their A2 results, once they've got in/if they're a post-A Level applicant? I understand that UCL and LSE are separate institutions so feel free to answer for one but not for the other.

Also, if UCL were likely to give me a place - bearing in mind that I applied pre-October 15th - should I have already been invited to an 'Open Day'?

Finally, does anyone know when the UCL 'Open Days' are? Just so I know I'm in the country if necessary...

I'd suppose that you're looking between A*AA ~ 4A*. I'm not sure for A-level applicants though really
Reply 6957
Original post by rupertj

I'd hazard a guess they'd be looking for 2A* + at A-level.
Original post by Melikeyflute
I'd suppose that you're looking between A*AA ~ 4A*. I'm not sure for A-level applicants though really

I would speculate - based on no evidence whatsoever - that the average post A level applicant has ~ 2*2A.
Reply 6959
Original post by rupertj

Well, I suppose that would be A*AA (or better) considering that's the standard offer, not sure about the number of GCSEs A*s!

No, only a small number of people have been invited so far to the Open Day on January 11th. I think there will be other ones, but no information so far when. I'm pretty sure there will be more offers coming from both in 2012.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending