The Student Room Group

Politics/IR/Government Applicant Stalking Page 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maxcartwright
is no one else applying for War Studies at Kings?

it was very tempting, but alas no - sorry
Good luck guys!
Reply 102
Original post by maxcartwright
I only got it yesterday, don't worry :biggrin:

You're also a post-A level applicant, so that gives you a bit of an advantage...
Reply 103
Predicted ABB

Royal Holloway (P/IR) - OFFER AAB
Nottingham (P) - OFFER AAB
Essex (P) - OFFER ABB
Newcastle (P) - Pending
Leeds (PPS) - Pending
Reply 104
Update: Received an offer from York for Politics and IR :biggrin: so happy as it's AAB!
Reply 105
Original post by simoncino
it was very tempting, but alas no - sorry

What did you get as and what are you predicted? I'm waiting on PAIS at Warwick which is definitely my first choice so just checking out the competition!
Original post by olip93
What did you get as and what are you predicted? I'm waiting on PAIS at Warwick which is definitely my first choice so just checking out the competition!

i do ib, and i am predicted 39 points... you can compare that as you wish... and yourself? :smile:
Good luck applicants :smile: I'm doing IR & Pol at Sheffield, I also visited York & Birmingham for post-offer days so feel free to ask me about any of those :smile:
I would also like to say good luck- I do IR at UEA, but in first year we take the core Politics modules so I can also answer any questions about Politics at UEA.
Reply 109
Predicted A*AA
Applied:
Liverpool - OFFER AAB
UEA - OFFER ABB
Sheffield, Durham & Edinburgh all pending!
Reply 110
Original post by jelly1000
I would also like to say good luck- I do IR at UEA, but in first year we take the core Politics modules so I can also answer any questions about Politics at UEA.

What made you choose UEA? I have an offer but I haven't actually looked around it yet! It looked good in the prospectus though which is why I applied but just wondering why it stood out for you :smile:
Original post by topiwopi
What made you choose UEA? I have an offer but I haven't actually looked around it yet! It looked good in the prospectus though which is why I applied but just wondering why it stood out for you :smile:

It's a campus uni near a city, which is what I wanted. The accomodation is reasonably priced compared with other campus unis near cities (*cough Birmingham cough*) and a lot of it is on campus, so you get to know it really well, plus IMO the newer ensuite is quite a good spec. I could take modules from other departments even in 1st year, like the semester just gone I did a History module. The grade requirements- my offer was BBB- although I know they have put the offer up now. The campus size- only takes 15 mins to walk from one side to the other. Having a gig venue on campus- they have a complete variety of acts to suit all taste, from cheesy pop to metal. They have club nights twice a week that people (especially 1st years living on campus) actually want to go to, unlike at some other unis where the club was one people went to in freshers and then not again (and there are decent places to go to in Norwich as well.)
Reply 112
Original post by jelly1000
It's a campus uni near a city, which is what I wanted. The accomodation is reasonably priced compared with other campus unis near cities (*cough Birmingham cough*) and a lot of it is on campus, so you get to know it really well, plus IMO the newer ensuite is quite a good spec. I could take modules from other departments even in 1st year, like the semester just gone I did a History module. The grade requirements- my offer was BBB- although I know they have put the offer up now. The campus size- only takes 15 mins to walk from one side to the other. Having a gig venue on campus- they have a complete variety of acts to suit all taste, from cheesy pop to metal. They have club nights twice a week that people (especially 1st years living on campus) actually want to go to, unlike at some other unis where the club was one people went to in freshers and then not again (and there are decent places to go to in Norwich as well.)

Thankyouu :smile: i like the idea of it being a campus near a city, because i went to some city universities and didn't really like it, but then I don't really want a campus miles away from a city... and yeah my offers ABB but i think that actually seems quite low compared to other universities offers that it actually seems a lot better than! Think I will like it when I go and look around :smile:
Reply 113
Uni- Warwick
Course- Politics
Predicted - AAA
Offer- AAB+B in EPQ
Reply 114
Original post by faithxfaye
Uni- Warwick
Course- Politics
Predicted - AAA
Offer- AAB+B in EPQ

when did you get this?
Reply 115
Original post by olip93
when did you get this?

Just this evening, have you applied too?
Reply 116
Original post by faithxfaye
Just this evening, have you applied too?

yesss I've applied for PAIS at Warwick. Literally praying for an offer! first choice?
Reply 117
Original post by olip93
yesss I've applied for PAIS at Warwick. Literally praying for an offer! first choice?

which course did you apply for? i really hope you hear back from them
i think so but waiting on othersss
Reply 118
Any international applicants received IR offers from Durham?
Original post by ndei
Any international applicants received IR offers from Durham?

have you got an ir from durham?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending