The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered
:camp:

I have all of Eureka 7 on DVD, but haven't felt like starting a long series recently.

Also I got it at the same time as Gundam seed, which I didn't get on too well with, so I've been iffy towards mecha things recently

:pierre:50 eps is nothing. Barely qualifies as long. Detective conan on the otherhand at 614...

Gundam seed was quite poor... :erm: the bits I did like were parts that didnt contain any of the main characters.:erm: And yet its one of the most popular gundam series and has earned a proper HD re release.:no:
Reply 2541
Original post by vin
:pierre:50 eps is nothing. Barely qualifies as long. Detective conan on the otherhand at 614...

Gundam seed was quite poor... :erm: the bits I did like were parts that didnt contain any of the main characters.:erm: And yet its one of the most popular gundam series and has earned a proper HD re release.:no:

The last five episodes were pretty good (I ended up watching it across the span of about a year, so can't recall too much) but as I've grumbled before there was too much predictable angst for the sake of angst :yes:
Reply 2542
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered
The last five episodes were pretty good (I ended up watching it across the span of about a year, so can't recall too much) but as I've grumbled before there was too much predictable angst for the sake of angst :yes:

i think that was one of those times where he shuts up..

Seed was vaguely based on the original series. In those days when characters were being whiney and angsty Captain Bright came along and gave them a good slap.:hmmm: I remember Ryu actually threw some proper punches at the main character.:giggle:

Thats the problem with these whiney boys in anime today.:huff:
i decided to give yuru yuri another go after that pretty dull first ep i watched ages ago, its actually quite enjoyable :mmm: :cute:

Original post by HolyFuzazzle
oh its not a bad episode :biggrin: I mean I had some problems with it, but have you seen it yet?

no not yet :redface: i'll finish it after my exams, i remember you posting about the last ep months ago, youll get a reply soon :p:

Original post by scherzi
Any recommendations for something similar to GTO? (Or, what's the funniest anime you've seen?)

GTO :woo:

School Rumble :yep: its not really GTO but its hilarious :biggrin:

10/10 for your sig :rofl2: :yy:
(edited 12 years ago)
For the fans of Mirai Nikki.

There's a new manga out from the creator of Mirai Nikki called "Big Order" if you want to check that out. There're already 5 issues out. I'm not gonna go too much into the plot but I have to say, it seems the main characters are like the reincarnation of Yukki and Yuno. Especially the girl, her resemblance with Yuno is uncanny :teeth:

I hope to see this as anime at the end of this year or the next :biggrin:

Edit: There's even another Murmur :rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2545
Original post by eugenius 8
GTO :woo:

School Rumble :yep: its not really GTO but its hilarious :biggrin:

10/10 for your sig :rofl2: :yy:

Those Cresta scenes were amazing :biggrin:

And I'll give that a watch too, thanks
Original post by The Cornerstone
For the fans of Mirai Nikki.

There's a new manga out from the creator of Mirai Nikki called "Big Order" if you want to check that out. There're already 5 issues out. I'm not gonna go too much into the plot but I have to say, it seems the main characters are like the reincarnation of Yukki and Yuno. Especially the girl, her resemblance with Yuno is uncanny :teeth:

I hope to see this as anime at the end of this year or the next :biggrin:

Edit: There's even another Murmur :rofl:

Without going too much into the plot again, is it different enough to be worth reading? I'd be up for more yandere madness, but not if its virtually the same series all over again. :p:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Without going too much into the plot again, is it different enough to be worth reading? I'd be up for more yandere madness, but not if its virtually the same series all over again. :p:

There's madness but not yandere madness as the "Yukki and Yuno reincarnation" have very, very different relationship (although the good thing is that the boy isn't as annoying as Yukki :giggle:). However it does have some aspects that are taken from Mirai Nikki (eg: the 12 people with different abilities, Murmur. No Deus though). The art is the same as well. But the best way to know is looking for yourself, I recommend it :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2548
So I just watched Fate/Prototype, that came with Carnival Phantasm Season 3.

All it made me think is...

OH GOD, PLEASE LET TYPE MOON MAKE THIS INTO AN OVA. As much as I like Fate and even though I doubt that it'd have been anywhere near as successful if it hadn't been rewritten, character interactions between Saver and Ayaka have too much potential to waste.

Spoiler

Reply 2549
Well, the new season of Prince of Tennis is exactly how I expected (hardly surprising considering the first 178 episodes had very minimal character development). Nonetheless, seeing as there's nothing else that's airing on Wednesday, and that the first series was enjoyable enough (granted, certainly not the best from the sport shounen genre), I'll pick this one up.
Reply 2550
I've never been one for podcasts, but this one about anime is surprisingly good:

http://bourbontheater.seesaa.net/

The podcaster offers an interesting insight into the anime he's talking about. It's in Japanese, so you'll obviously need to have an understanding of the language.
Reply 2551
I suppose everyone here already knows about Bandai entertainment (if I've got the right bandai :mmm: ) but apparently rumours are starting to emerge about Beez (a UK licensing company) possibly going the same way. One rumour is perhaps they might continue selling for now, but not to expect anymore new titles.

Which would mainly just leave the (slightly less) overpriced MVM and the at times incompetent Manga ent (and whoever they may work with, Kaze, funi etc)

:nyoron:
Is Nabari no Ou meant to be this boring, or does it improve in the second half? :hmmmm2:

Truered
I suppose everyone here already knows about Bandai entertainment...

:hmmmm2:

:nah:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2553
Is Nabari no Ou meant to be this boring, or does it improve in the second half? :hmmmm2:

:hmmmm2:

:nah:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-01-02/bandai-entertainment-to-stop-releasing-new-dvds-bds-manga

It was one of the slightly bigger stories of the anime week :mmm:

Oh and now the Beez thing has been reported too

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-01-05/france-beez-entertainment-stops-releasing-new-anime

Apparently existing titles won't be affected...
Meh, I usually only read articles on new anime series. :giggle:

About the most interesting thing I've seen on ANN this past week is this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-01-04/koji-kumeta-yasu-joshiraku-comedy-manga-gets-anime
Reply 2555
Meh, I usually only read articles on new anime series. :giggle:

About the most interesting thing I've seen on ANN this past week is this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-01-04/koji-kumeta-yasu-joshiraku-comedy-manga-gets-anime

But just think with that happening, Nichijou loses its release, which also means that 3% chance of it getting a UK release also goes with it too :ahee:

I've decided to give nichijou another try after seeing a few clips. Including this one today

Reply 2556
I've just recently watched a few episodes of Nichijou myself. I haven't laughed very much, but I think that might not be the show's fault: I'm fairly humourless unless I'm in a group of people. Technically it's very impressive, from what little I know about spotting decent animation.
Reply 2557
Amagami SS+ is here, my new year can officially start!!!
Reply 2558
Original post by QHF
I've just recently watched a few episodes of Nichijou myself. I haven't laughed very much, but I think that might not be the show's fault: I'm fairly humourless unless I'm in a group of people. Technically it's very impressive, from what little I know about spotting decent animation.

I gave up after five episodes when it was a bit too slow for me, and I'd fallen behind, but every later clip I've seen so far has been amazing :mmm:
Food-related anime, anyone?

I always loved the scenes in Katekyo Hitman Reborn when the girls were cooking up a nice meal, and then THE WHOLE TABLE WAS FILLED WITH AWESOMENESS :woo:
(I'm on a diet. I need to eat with my eyes.)

Latest