The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7000
Original post by MWM
If you live in the same area as your friends and they received it today but you haven't then that is some strong evidence that they sent yours out later than theirs , no ? Did you apply to the same college and course ?

2 people same college, different course. So, yes I'd imagine there was a delay. Which is not a good sign.
Original post by zxh800
I have yet to receive a letter, a lot of my friends have already and we all live in the same borough and some in the same area. I guess it's a mystery :frown:.

Original post by Dat Guy
Same area, but surprisingly my letter hasn't arrived.

Why can't they just send emails? :confused: Is it because they are traditionalists?
Reply 7002
Original post by nightmare91
Why can't they just send emails? :confused: Is it because they are traditionalists?

:iiam:
Reply 7003
Original post by WalkerPrince
Why not? I think they are probably the best we have.

At the very least they tell us which are the 'good' colleges for pooled applicants?

I see what you could be saying though...

The only college fishing regularly seems to be Girton, and chances of getting fished do look quite small...
Reply 7004
Original post by Dat Guy
Same area, but surprisingly my letter hasn't arrived.

Do you mind if you describe this friend of yours who has an offer from Sidney, nothing too detailed just one thing that stands out about him when you see him as I know someone who met quite a few people there and so he might know him.
Reply 7005
Original post by MWM
Do you mind if you describe this friend of yours who has an offer from Sidney, nothing too detailed just one thing that stands out about him when you see him as I know someone who met quite a few people there and so he might know him.

Lol why do you need this? Just a normal guy, not very tall, looks quite sporty, he went in a suit.
Reply 7006
Original post by Dat Guy
Lol why do you need this? Just a normal guy, not very tall, looks quite sporty, he went in a suit.

Asian with long hair ?

BTW I have something for all of us who are yet to receive a letter:
Last year someone did get an offer from Cambridge on the 6th
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1417470&highlight=economics+applicants+thread+2011&page=41
Meaning that just because we haven't heard on the 5th like everyone else it doesnt mean we are guaranteed a rejection !
Reply 7007
Original post by MWM
Asian with long hair ?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1417470&highlight=economics+applicants+thread+2011&page=41
Meaning that just because we haven't heard on the 5th like everyone else it doesnt mean we are guaranteed a rejection !

I'm afraid I think last year letters were sent out on the 5th. There were also delays due to the snow for some people. So, last year may not be the best year to compare with.
Reply 7008
Original post by MWM
Asian with long hair ?

Caucasian. Short :doh:
Reply 7009
Original post by MWM
Asian with long hair ?

Are you serious? The post might just be delayed... Don't read too much into things
Reply 7010
Original post by Dat Guy
Caucasian. Short :doh:

Female ?
Reply 7012
Original post by zxh800
I'm afraid I think last year letters were sent out on the 5th. There were also delays due to the snow for some people. So, last year may not be the best year to compare with.

On the same thread next page (42) there is someone with an offer on the 7th :smile:
Original post by zxh800
I have yet to receive a letter, a lot of my friends have already and we all live in the same borough and some in the same area. I guess it's a mystery :frown:.

It depends on the college mate + course :P, don't read too much into it :smile:. This time tomorrow I'd be surprised if you weren't comforting me lol...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tateco
He's at work, did you get in?

:lol: How do you know that? :wink2: you guys are so :dancing:

Erm erm I love the stalking of last years applicants by date :ninja: which I definitely didn't do. To think, next year we shall fall victim to that! Erm Erm Erm Yeah

GOOD LUCK ALL YOU TABS :woo:

I'm going to :getmecoat: too much bridge talk :wink:
Original post by wit-tank
Are you already at Camb or did you just get your offer? Yeah I've got my grades so UMS doesn't really bother me. Interviews are part of the application not all of it.
My point is, if Cambridge bother to make auto-pooling requirements and set them at 3a*s then they clearly deem this a good level to sieve of those who don't deserve it- and once they've publicised this stuff, they need to stick to it!

Sorry for late reply. I got my offer today. I see where you are coming from and I do believe than those in auto pool can get an offer, all I am saying is it is better if you are in the other pool categories!
Reply 7016
Update me everyone!
Original post by Groat
Update me everyone!

First you should update us! :biggrin: But since I am bored, I've been following the Camb thread this evening and:

Congrats!!!!!!! There was never any doubt that you wouldn't make it!!!!!! :party:

You can be very proud :smile:
Reply 7018
Original post by Groat
Update me everyone!

I got straight rejected even though I exceed auto-pooling. sniff. BUT WELL DONE. Tell deGroot he is a ****ER please?
Original post by Groat
Update me everyone!

It's not looking too good Groat.. If this was a war half the army would be disabled and half in the fog.. Apart from you, you're fine :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending