The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
icap ac anyone?
Reply 2201
Original post by EyesOnFire
Morgan Stanley AC Invite :biggrin:

Could you let me know when you had your telephone interview.

I had mine just before xmas and still havent heard.....

thanks
Original post by A54321A
Could you let me know when you had your telephone interview.

I had mine just before xmas and still havent heard.....

thanks

I had mine a couple of days before christmas too...However I remember my interviewer telling me that it will take a while after I hear from them, so I say be patient.

Maybe the person who interviewed you has still some other candidates to interview.
I had mine a couple of days before christmas too...However I remember my interviewer telling me that it will take a while after I hear from them, so I say be patient.

Maybe the person who interviewed you has still some other candidates to interview.

What uni do you go to and what subject are you studying?
Original post by gangst
possibly?? I know BP make an active effort to recruit from LSE, so would be surprised if it wasn't open to LSE...

hmmm

It's open to Imperial students as well, so i would definitely apply from LSE; if you're good then they won't be taking ICL or UCL students over you just based on your university.
Original post by natashabedford
What uni do you go to and what subject are you studying?

All that I can say for obvious reasons is that I'm studying at a target London uni, doing a Maths related degree :smile:
Reply 2206
Original post by gangst
do GS test??

if nobody has heard, i'd assume they wait till the application deadline then assess all apps.

I don't think there is a GS test? I only asked cos I got an email saying my application had 'gone into review' and it's been stuck like that for 3 days! Apparently they like to double read everything really slowly just to make sure they understand :biggrin:
All that I can say for obvious reasons is that I'm studying at a target London uni, doing a Maths related degree :smile:

is there a list of this "target" unis?
i would guess they are oxford cambridge lse and imperial but maybe i'm missing some.

and do you think it actually matters if you go to one of them or not?
Original post by WHITKA
I don't think there is a GS test? I only asked cos I got an email saying my application had 'gone into review' and it's been stuck like that for 3 days! Apparently they like to double read everything really slowly just to make sure they understand :biggrin:

My application has only been received... might be something to having a double application because I messed up the first one with the right of work and then emailing them blah blah blah....
Original post by moritzplatz
i would guess they are oxford cambridge lse and imperial but maybe i'm missing some.

I thought it's like tiers where tier 1: oxbridge, lse imperial warwick
tier 2:ucl, durham bath etc.
Reply 2210
Original post by moritzplatz

Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL & Warwick are the main target unis (not necessarily in that order, and not necessarily the same for all divisions).

Generally speaking if you are at one of these the chances of an interview are much higher, but then again there's plenty of people, even on this thread I guess, who have secured interviews/offers outside of these 6. And, there are plenty of people at targets who have been rejected by everywhere.
Original post by miml
Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL & Warwick are the main target unis (not necessarily in that order, and not necessarily the same for all divisions).

Generally speaking if you are at one of these the chances of an interview are much higher, but then again there's plenty of people, even on this thread I guess, who have secured interviews/offers outside of these 6. And, there are plenty of people at targets who have been rejected by everywhere.

oh ok thanks!
i thought warwick was really good mainly for maths!
btw what you say is true, i have been rejected by hsbc without even a test and i go to a "target" uni...
What the heck?!

Just got an email from ICAP saying that they've withdrawn my application as I didn't schedule my AC. I scheduled it as soon as I got the email hearing from them...
Has anyone had a PwC telephone interview for the insight academy? Any ideas on what will come up? Cheers
Reply 2214
Original post by Michael XYZ
What the heck?!

Just got an email from ICAP saying that they've withdrawn my application as I didn't schedule my AC. I scheduled it as soon as I got the email hearing from them...

count it as a blessing!
Original post by gangst
count it as a blessing!

I don't think you would be saying that if you knew how much the heads of desks are on.
Original post by Hackett
I don't think you would be saying that if you knew how much the heads of desks are on.

how much?
Reply 2217
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Has anyone had a PwC telephone interview for the insight academy? Any ideas on what will come up? Cheers

I did. It's 100% competency based, very relaxed, although I remember there were a few tough questions relating to very obscure aspects of the competencies. Also make sure you can think of more than one example for demonstrating each competency as some questions are very similar and you don't want to end up repeating the same situation again and again! :tongue:

They let you know how you did by the end of the next business week by phoning you :smile:

I felt the phone interview went well afterwards, and they called me later that week to let me know they were offering me a place! :smile:

Hopefully I'll see you there!

Best of luck
False alarm.

Got worried there but I emailed them and it was sorted out very quickly.
Original post by Marc Fiorano
how much?

After a certain level, they scrap the base and you just live of the commission.

2 - 3 million is not uncommon, and I have even heard that someone got paid 5 million on a good year.

Latest

Trending

Trending