The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7040
Original post by stefl14
Yep that's some achievement! My first offer was Cambridge. My friends were shocked when they heard that! Still Cambridge is all I really wanted so it doesn't matter.

I still haven't got anything except a pool from Cambridge, 2012 is not my year so far, could easily turn round but I'll just have to wait and see...
Original post by Tateco
I still haven't got anything except a pool from Cambridge, 2012 is not my year so far, could easily turn round but I'll just have to wait and see...

I wouldn't worry just yet. You're a strong applicant so once UCL ans such start sending out lots of offers you'll probably get one!
Reply 7042
Original post by Tateco

Mate looking at your results, you will excell wherever you go. :biggrin: Why worry? Your likely to get 3/4 offers from other institutions with those grades :wink: If you look at graduate prospects for Economics at Oxford, Warwick and Bath (using the complete university guide) they are identical, yet people assume Oxford Candidate > Bath/Warwick Candidate. Cambridge is great but every university has their own perks so don't say its not your year. lol. Make me sad :frown:
Reply 7043
Original post by Groat
:hugs:

Congratulations on the offer, I knew you'd make it too :biggrin:.
Original post by Yash13
Mate looking at your results, you will excell wherever you go. :biggrin: Why worry? Your likely to get 3/4 offers from other institutions with those grades :wink: If you look at graduate prospects for Economics at Oxford, Warwick and Bath (using the complete university guide) they are identical, yet people assume Oxford Candidate > Bath/Warwick Candidate. Cambridge is great but every university has their own perks so don't say its not your year. lol. Make me sad :frown:

Did you get pooled?
Original post by Groat
Yeah, although LSE's offer is technically harder.

:fuhrer: I do not take kindly to being ignored.

But yes, well done Sam. Be an enterprising capitalist and sell your personal statement to the highest bidder :colone:
Reply 7046
Original post by stefl14
I wouldn't worry just yet. You're a strong applicant so once UCL ans such start sending out lots of offers you'll probably get one!

Original post by Yash13

Thanks both of you! It is a bit disheartening but I just need to try and make sure I don't overreact, it's so easy to over-analyse things when applying to university is such a big step for us, and I know that there won't actually be much difference in terms of teaching between the top 10 universities and life is what you make of it, I will always have the option of doing a masters whatever happens, just hope you guys with offers realise how lucky you are, because economics is insanely competitive!

Philosophical rant over, promise I won't moan about not having any offers (for now :colone:)
Reply 7047
Original post by Melikeyflute
Did you get pooled?

My college is strange as I was rejected (long ago) and then told me that I may be pooled following my explanation of special circumstances and now I should wait till tomorrow for the final verdict. Doubt I will get it though. :L
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7048
Original post by Yash13
My college is strange as I was rejected (long ago) and then told that I may be pooled and now I should wait till tomorrow for the final verdict. Doubt I will get it though. :L

this is fitzwilliam economics right?
Original post by Yash13
My college is strange as I was rejected (long ago) and then told me that I may be pooled following my explanation of special circumstances and now I should wait till tomorrow for the final verdict. Doubt I will get it though. :L

Long ago? I thought all results were releases today?
Reply 7050
Original post by Yash13

Woah weird, good luck with it! :smile:
Reply 7051
Original post by Groat
Update me everyone!

i seem to remember we had a falling out a while back. i'm (grades permitting) going to be on your course next year, not sure if this is a good or bad update for you but hey, congratulations on getting in
Reply 7052
Original post by fdot5
this is fitzwilliam economics right?

yes

Original post by Melikeyflute
Long ago? I thought all results were releases today?

I was not interviewed.

Original post by Tateco
Woah weird, good luck with it! :smile:

Yeah thanks. In terms of my grades I am one of the better eco applicants from my school (I dont want to boast because it feels wrong) but there were the highest expectations of me to atleast get interviewed. But like you said Tateco 'life is what you make it' :smile:
Original post by Tateco

Philosophical rant over, promise I won't moan about not having any offers (for now :colone:)

TSR: y u no lemme rate more than one a month :judge:

:h: I concur. :hugs: yay no-offers club! :macarena:
Original post by fdot5
i seem to remember we had a falling out a while back. i'm (grades permitting) going to be on your course next year, not sure if this is a good or bad update for you but hey, congratulations on getting in

Lol what type of post is this?

Anyway, my opinions won't make any difference to anything, but congratulations for everyone who got an offer! and for those who didn't don't give up as there are still other unis who are yet to give out of the majority of their offers, and if you don't get one, you can reapply as a stronger applicant with more experience!
Reply 7055
Original post by Yash13
yes

I was not interviewed.

Yeah thanks. In terms of my grades I am one of the better eco applicants from my school (I dont want to boast because it feels wrong) but there were the highest expectations of me to atleast get interviewed. But like you said Tateco 'life is what you make it' :smile:

Yeah just try forget about it until you find out, I'm just trying to forget about Cambridge now :smile:

Original post by Brand New Eyes
TSR: y u no lemme rate more than one a month :judge:

:h: I concur. :hugs: yay no-offers club! :macarena:

Can't be many of us left now :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
Thanks both of you! It is a bit disheartening but I just need to try and make sure I don't overreact, it's so easy to over-analyse things when applying to university is such a big step for us, and I know that there won't actually be much difference in terms of teaching between the top 10 universities and life is what you make of it, I will always have the option of doing a masters whatever happens, just hope you guys with offers realise how lucky you are, because economics is insanely competitive!

Before today I was in the same position as you. Applied to the same universities and had no offers, so I know how you're feeling. It's annoying when everyone else is getting offers but your time will come!
Original post by Yash13
I was not interviewed.

A mate of mine (albeit not applying for economics) applied to fitz and has had no response whatsoever - rejection, interview, anything. It's a bizarre college, seemingly.
Reply 7058
Original post by Acerbic
A mate of mine (albeit not applying for economics) applied to fitz and has had no response whatsoever - rejection, interview, anything. It's a bizarre college, seemingly.

Wow. That's not fair on them. :L Talk about keeping someone in the dark...
Original post by WalkerPrince
Did you not fit auto-pool criteria?

Nope

Latest

Trending

Trending