The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hogwartz
Lets youthen you up by doing some hollywood boogie. :dance:

:smile: nah I boogied through london enough today, need sleeeep. and a shower. and combing my hair. brushing teeth. an==zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:
Reply 701
Buried under assignments and cambridge application *sigh* :sad:
Reply 702
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
:smile: nah I boogied through london enough today, need sleeeep. and a shower. and combing my hair. brushing teeth. an==zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:

continue, turks never get tired :nah:
Yes but you cannot be smelling or else this will repel any potential husbands of yours. :yes:
Original post by Akkuz
Buried under assignments and cambridge application *sigh* :sad:

At least you got an offer from QMUL and KCL as back ups :smile:

continue, turks never get tired :nah:
Yes but you cannot be smelling or else this will repel any potential husbands of yours. :yes:

but Im a strong black woman who dont need no man

No comment.
Reply 704
At least you got an offer from QMUL and KCL as back ups :smile:

:smile: Yepp, over the moon having KCL as a back-up. I need to give Cambridge a shot, as I meet the requirements and don't want to regret not applying :tongue: It's just so stressful trying to do work and applications and go to the gym :headfire:

but Im a strong Turkish woman who needs a man to look after and cook for

:ahee:
Reply 705

but Im a strong black woman who dont need no man

No comment.

You tell 'em :ahee:

Some one negged me again. :sad:
Original post by Akkuz
:smile: Yepp, over the moon having KCL as a back-up. I need to give Cambridge a shot, as I meet the requirements and don't want to regret not applying :tongue:

QMUL > KCL

Yeah KCL's more Prestigious. They accepted me and then I failed to get in so I became a QMUL student :ahee:

Good luck with Cambridge. Get in and your parents will be so proud that they'll put a kiong size photo of you up in every room. :top:

It's just so stressful trying to do work and applications and go to the gym :headfire:

Don't go to the gym then. Problem solved :biggrin:

Im a strong Turkish man who needs a woman to go on about football to when my mates aren't around and boost myself esteem by complimenting my muscles

:console:
(edited 12 years ago)
You tell 'em :ahee:

But I can't keep it up:

Man <3 :angelblush:

Some one negged me again. :sad:

Someone must have done it a lot to you for you to get to troll status :tongue:

There's a spy in our ranks :ninja:
Reply 708
QMUL > KCL

Yeah KCL's more Prestigious. They accepted me and then I failed to get in so I became a QMUL student :ahee:

Good luck with Cambridge. Get in and your parents will be so proud that they'll put a kiong size photo of you up in every room. :top:

Damn, good university to end up at. Think QMUL is ranked about 170th worldwide, and considering theres about ~18,000 universities in the world, that's real good :tongue: A lot of my friends go QMUL, I decided to buck the trend and study outta London. I wouldn't recommend QMUL for postgraduate level though, they gave me a mere 60% conditional offer :K:

Haha. A photo in every room would be awsummm :sexface:

Don't go to the gym then. Problem solved :biggrin:

:console:

But..but...I must :sad: I need to be fit and strong for oil wrestling :borat:

Im a strong Turkish man who needs a woman to go on about football to when my mates aren't around and boost myself esteem by complimenting my muscles

Women who can withstand football are rare! Reality; ship your lady off with a credit card, and sit at home in peace watching the football whilst she goes shopping. :colondollar:
Original post by Akkuz
Damn, good university to end up at. Think QMUL is ranked about 170th worldwide, and considering theres about ~18,000 universities in the world, that's real good :tongue: A lot of my friends go QMUL, I decided to buck the trend and study outta London. I wouldn't recommend QMUL for postgraduate level though, they gave me a mere 60% conditional offer :K:

Nice, become more independent, adam ol. :borat:
Not sure about my postgraduate. If I can get into Imperial/UCL for something like Human Molecular Genetics or Cancer Research.... :sogood: :sogood: :sogood:

Haha. A photo in every room would be awsummm :sexface:

It's alright. Turkish men are allowed to fancy themselves because they tend to be such perverts that they need someone to perv on 24-7 :top:

But..but...I must :sad: I need to be fit and strong for oil wrestling :borat:

Oh hai.

Women who can withstand football are rare! Reality; ship your lady off with a credit card, and sit at home in peace watching the football whilst she goes shopping. :colondollar:

But when the boyfriend puts on his football shirt and goes all serious with concentration.... lets you wear one of his football shirts too... talks like an expert about the game, the flash of anger in his eyes when something goes wrong and that swift action when he punches the air when his team scores.. :sexface:

Ah I honestly don't understand why women complain about football so much. :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 710
Nice, become more independent, adam ol. :borat:
Not sure about my postgraduate. If I can get into Imperial/UCL for something like Human Molecular Genetics or Cancer Research.... :sogood: :sogood: :sogood:

Haha, I have missed London but living away from home has taught me so many life lessons. I can now cook, wash and iron to perfection. I could easily become a great househusband :sexface: whilst the wife pays the bills

If you work hard and get a 1st, it is more than possible :biggrin: I went to an awful sixth form, did rubbish in my A-levels etc. and now I'm doing really well with postgrad applications, so anything it possible! :tongue: Never thought I'd be even applying to Cambridge..or even get into KCL.

A close family friend recently done a masters at UCL in immunobiology (she did her undergrad there too in Biomedical sciences, or something). She's currently on £18k, working in a pharmacy.

We need people like you to cure cancer! :adore:

It's alright. Turkish men are allowed to fancy themselves because they tend to be such perverts that they need someone to perv on 24-7 :top:

Haha, I hate this Turkish-pervert stereotype! Just one lady is enough for moi :sexface:

Oh hai.

Whyy hellooo. :ahee:That looks like me. How did you know!? Just a little less red, and a little less monstrous :colondollar:

But when the boyfriend puts on his football shirt and goes all serious with concentration.... lets you wear one of his football shirts too... talks like an expert about the game, the flash of anger in his eyes when something goes wrong and that swift action when he punches the air when his team scores.. :sexface:

Ah I honestly don't understand why women complain about football so much. :colondollar:

The above scenario...:sexface: I wish more women shared your view :colonhash: I'd love to move to Istanbul and get a Galatasaray (home) season ticket!

Merhaba Türk arkadaşlık:smile:

Its not so much complaining about the sport itself, as it is how some fans seem to become almost obnoxious in the way they express their enthusiasm. I remember last year hearing about hooligans disrupting football games at Galatasaray Stadium wasn't it? damaging seats and throwing bottles and litter onto the fields. And one incident of a young kid injured by a thrown bottle. Of course I know not all fans are like that, and that can happen anywhere sports are played. And I would never tell anyone they need to tone down their enthusiasm :redface: nor would I have the right to.

And by the way just out of curiosity, I know its a traditional sport but is oil wrestling still fairly popular in Turkey? Or has football eclipsed it and other older Turkish sports? (though if its the case Id kind of be glad if camel fighting stopped, no offense taken I hope.:redface:
Reply 712
Original post by Zebracolors
Merhaba Türk arkadaşlık:smile:

Its not so much complaining about the sport itself, as it is how some fans seem to become almost obnoxious in the way they express their enthusiasm. I remember last year hearing about hooligans disrupting football games at Galatasaray Stadium wasn't it? damaging seats and throwing bottles and litter onto the fields. And one incident of a young kid injured by a thrown bottle. Of course I know not all fans are like that, and that can happen anywhere sports are played. And I would never tell anyone they need to tone down their enthusiasm :redface: nor would I have the right to.

And by the way just out of curiosity, I know its a traditional sport but is oil wrestling still fairly popular in Turkey? Or has football eclipsed it and other older Turkish sports? (though if its the case Id kind of be glad if camel fighting stopped, no offense taken I hope.:redface:

oil wrestling :sexface:?
Its not so much complaining about the sport itself, as it is how some fans seem to become almost obnoxious in the way they express their enthusiasm.

The point is exactly that. They try their utmost to be as obnoxious as possible for the opposition. They want it to be so that the opposition view their stadia as a difficult place in which to play and would dread the thought of visiting it. In Turkey the ambition of the fans is to try and replicate 'Cehennem'.

Zebracolors
I remember last year hearing about hooligans disrupting football games at Galatasaray Stadium wasn't it? damaging seats and throwing bottles and litter onto the fields.

I believe you're referring to their match against Fenerbahçe in 2007. Fenerbahçe had already won the title at that point so the Galatasaray fans exacted a sort of violent vengeance, both for their hatred of Fenerbahçe and their disgust at the seasonal performance of their team.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M58nMl6LE8I

Zebracolors
And one incident of a young kid injured by a thrown bottle.

Well, one kid getting hurt doesn't justify the oppression of football fans as though they were criminals. Even if a child died, or even ten children, it still wouldn't justify what has been done to football fans worldwide. I would rather stand on a dead child's corpse than be glued to those plastic seats.

Spoiler

Zebracolors

I believe the most popular sports in Turkey are football and then basketball. Sports such as oil wrestling are held in the same regard as that of a grandmother's wedding ring. It's traditional, Turkish and most people watch the annual Kırkpınar tournament. There is also Karakucak, which is wrestling without the use of oil, and I believe that has been around since the time of the Selçuk Turks. Most villages across Anatolia will have such tournaments.

This video's an example of such a tournament: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRHgKSj4_6w.
My apologies Ramocito, I didn't mean to bring up any sensitive issues:frown: But I did say I knew that not all sports fans get violent.

Thank you for the videos. Very cool to see how it is kept traditional but it also seemed like the guys were having fun as well. :smile:
My apologies Ramocito, I didn't mean to bring up any sensitive issues:frown:

It's not a 'sensitive', but a rather broad topic I'm quite knowledgable about and thus a debate in the matter would be long winded.
Original post by Akkuz
Haha, I have missed London but living away from home has taught me so many life lessons. I can now cook, wash and iron to perfection. I could easily become a great househusband :sexface: whilst the wife pays the bills

If that's what you want and your future wife is okay with it.. :dontknow:

Just please don't pose like this:

Spoiler

If you work hard and get a 1st, it is more than possible :biggrin: I went to an awful sixth form, did rubbish in my A-levels etc. and now I'm doing really well with postgrad applications, so anything it possible! :tongue: Never thought I'd be even applying to Cambridge..or even get into KCL.

A close family friend recently done a masters at UCL in immunobiology (she did her undergrad there too in Biomedical sciences, or something). She's currently on £18k, working in a pharmacy.

That's good for her. I'm more interested in the hospital setting so I got myself another internship at one for this summer.

We need people like you to cure cancer! :adore:

Actually, impossible to cure cancer. But we'll do our best to develop new treatments for it. :redface:

Haha, I hate this Turkish-pervert stereotype! Just one lady is enough for moi :sexface:

:laugh: Sorry, I was joking hey efendi

Whyy hellooo. :ahee:That looks like me. How did you know!? Just a little less red, and a little less monstrous :colondollar:

I don't like him :sad:

The above scenario...:sexface: I wish more women shared your view :colonhash: I'd love to move to Istanbul and get a Galatasaray (home) season ticket!

A cimbomlu :biggrin:
oil wrestling :sexface:?

:laugh:
Reply 718
waakkkkee upp turkishhh people.....don't leeetttt thiss threeaddd dieeeeeeeeeeeee
Reply 719
waakkkkee upp turkishhh people.....don't leeetttt thiss threeaddd dieeeeeeeeeeeee

yeh you tell 'em girl! hows the turkish learning going then?

Quick Reply