The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Original post by Hackett
I don't think you would be saying that if you knew how much the heads of desks are on.

i do, because one of my mates dad's is one...moneys good, **** line of work though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by zedski
I did. It's 100% competency based, very relaxed, although I remember there were a few tough questions relating to very obscure aspects of the competencies. Also make sure you can think of more than one example for demonstrating each competency as some questions are very similar and you don't want to end up repeating the same situation again and again! :tongue:

They let you know how you did by the end of the next business week by phoning you :smile:

I felt the phone interview went well afterwards, and they called me later that week to let me know they were offering me a place! :smile:

Hopefully I'll see you there!

Best of luck

Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Has anyone had a PwC telephone interview for the insight academy? Any ideas on what will come up? Cheers

Mines soon too :smile:.. what commercial issues did you talk about zedski?
I have a phone interview for CS, is there an AC after? It says 1st round interview so will i get another interview before an AC? Seems a lot of hassle for 5 days eh. Also is it mainly competency based?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by i_hate_teeth
BP Trading telephone interview

I applied like 15 hours ago and already got an interview invite?! I have no clue about their recruitment process, but they seem to be really fast. how long after you applied did u get ur invite?
Original post by icancount23
I have a phone interview for CS, is there an AC after? It says 1st round interview so will i get another interview before an AC? Seems a lot of hassle for 5 days eh. Also is it mainly competency based?

Awesome, I have one too, but it says "2nd Round Interview" although I never had a 1st round! Strange. I'd like to know if it's mainly competency based too though if anybody has experienced it yet.
Original post by Outsanity
Awesome, I have one too, but it says "2nd Round Interview" although I never had a 1st round! Strange. I'd like to know if it's mainly competency based too though if anybody has experienced it yet.

Mine is apparently 20 minutes. Seems kind of short really!
Reply 2226
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Was it for Markets or Banking

Markets
For HSBC's summer internship (commercial banking), anyone knows if we need to upload a cover letter??/
BNP Paribas rejection :frown:
Reply 2229
Original post by Glen_Nichols

unlucky mate, did they test before the rejection?
people who have phone interviews...were you informed by call/text or emailed?

probs a stupid question but i just want to make sure as im in the process of changing contracts so my phone number is dead :frown:
Reply 2231

When did you send off your app?
Reply 2232
Original post by thecodman
For HSBC's summer internship (commercial banking), anyone knows if we need to upload a cover letter??/

yeah you do, I've got an AC next week for it

ditto

its the first app i've been rejected from without being invited to do online tests :confused:
Just finished the HSBC test.

Fairly easy, but I was a bit stupid and spent way too long on one of the questions. Think I got 2 wrong. We'll see if that's enough. :smile:
Reply 2235
Damn, tried to sound a bit easy at my HSBC app. I failed. Haha. Straight rejection.

GS, BoAML, Nomura (99% rejection) and UBS (dito) left.
Reply 2236
Original post by viksta1000
ditto

its the first app i've been rejected from without being invited to do online tests :confused:

I'm fairly confident that BNPP don't do tests and it's purely app-based.
Reply 2237
Original post by TomasK
I'm fairly confident that BNPP don't do tests and it's purely app-based.

i quite liked the BNPP app as it gave you a bit of scope with the questions regarding next asset bubble etc.
Original post by TomasK
When did you send off your app?

Late november I think
Reply 2239
Original post by gangst
i quite liked the BNPP app as it gave you a bit of scope with the questions regarding next asset bubble etc.

Indeed, but it makes the whole recruiting process a pain for them. Reading 500 word essays and all.

By the way, this may sound like a stupid question, but what is the compeptency question that's 250 words long?

500 word essay + 250 word competency. As my BNPP application is playing up on me (as in not being able to log in at times etc.)

Would greatly appreciate it if somebody pointed that out for me.

Cheers

Latest