The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ben-smith
same:biggrin:

I just feel sorry for the people who will kill themselves trying to make SS offers

And now my UCAS is done for the year :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheMagicMan
I just feel sorry for the people who will kill themselves trying to make SS offers

And now my UCAS is done for the year :biggrin:

Exactly. Imagine if you didn't get into Cam despite getting S,1 whilst others get in with a 1,1:angry:

Where are you insurancing? (Not that I think you'll need it)
Exactly. Imagine if you didn't get into Cam despite getting S,1 whilst others get in with a 1,1:angry:

Where are you insurancing? (Not that I think you'll need it)

I haven't really decided yet. Probably warwick/durham as I don't really want to stay in london
For all the cambridge applicants well done!!
But what does 1,1 and S,S etc all mean?? :/
Original post by BeccaCath94

It's what we need to get in STEP

They're STEP grades - it goes S (highest), 1, 2, 3, fail. Cambridge normally want a "1" on the two hardest STEP papers - II and III - which is "1,1", but it seems a fair few S,S offers have come out this year :s-smilie:

Well when you get your grades back for STEP, you can get either and S, 1, 2 or 3 (S highest, 3 lowest pass, below U) where 11 is the standard offer (and S is exceptional) So if you get an SS/S1 offer that's quite harsh, and if you get a 12 offer that can be nice. 11 is usually the standard offer. I needed 11 last year and I got 33 for STEP :tongue:
Original post by Xero Xenith
They're STEP grades - it goes S (highest), 1, 2, 3, fail. Cambridge normally want a "1" on the two hardest STEP papers - II and III - which is "1,1", but it seems a fair few S,S offers have come out this year :s-smilie:

thought of an insurance uni? :h:

Have you heard from everywhere yet?

I also at some point need to make a final decision between w/Phys and straight Maths. Are you still thinking about doing Physics?
Have you heard from everywhere yet?

Nope - just waiting on Durham :smile:

Original post by cpdavis
thought of an insurance uni? :h:

I'm gonna decide much closer to the deadline. If I can get 2s on STEP very reliably, or Distinctions on the AEA, I might go for Warwick (but I'll take STEP I if I don't do the AEA as well)... otherwise I'll see what Durham have to say :smile: theirs should be A*AA, and one of their admissions tutors told me "you should be fine" :smile: so I'm feeling quite good about Durham!

Very friendly uni as well, and the location is stunning...
(edited 12 years ago)
Nope - just waiting on Durham :smile:

That's weird...I'm sure you'll get an offer soon, assuming you don't just dump them when you pick your insurance
That's weird...I'm sure you'll get an offer soon, assuming you don't just dump them when you pick your insurance

I think they make the main batch of offers/rejections in March, but I'll wait until at least April before deciding on my Firm/Insurance. Who knows, STEP might go terribly from here on and I don't firm Cambridge at all, or I might slay it like it's a level 2 Pidgey. We'll see eh :smile:

Do many mathmos have Durham offers on here? I thought it was mainly internationals but I might be behind the times :tongue:
Original post by David_Skiller
LOL Farhan HANIF!!! Nice prank! LOL you reapplied to Robinson? Epic dude!

You thought that I was withholding that information as part of some prank? :rolleyes:

Since you've said it now... Yes, I reapplied (for reasons I will not go into) and I got an offer yesterday conditional on S,1 in STEP.
I also at some point need to make a final decision between w/Phys and straight Maths. Are you still thinking about doing Physics?

Grrrr, I don't know about that.
I'm really looking forward to doing some theoretical physics but I don't want to compromise on pure maths.
I wish Cambridge did QM in the 1st year...
Is your offer for Maths with Physics?
Reply 4255
Original post by theharrovian
got an offer from queens', very happy cos i thought i stuffed the interviews... and looks like there are quite a few people from tsr who got one to queens' as well! offer isn't particularly nice, A*AA11 but maths won't count towards the grades...

Exactly the same offer, I'm a bit miffed that maths doesn't count though. Hopefully see you at Queens' sometime!
I think they make the main batch of offers/rejections in March, but I'll wait until at least April before deciding on my Firm/Insurance. Who knows, STEP might go terribly from here on and I don't firm Cambridge at all, or I might slay it like it's a level 2 Pidgey. We'll see eh :smile:

Do many mathmos have Durham offers on here? I thought it was mainly internationals but I might be behind the times :tongue:

I have one :biggrin:
Grrrr, I don't know about that.
I'm really looking forward to doing some theoretical physics but I don't want to compromise on pure maths.
I wish Cambridge did QM in the 1st year...
Is your offer for Maths with Physics?

Yeah...although I asked about it in my interview and they said I could easily switch

they also siad that if I did Physics I could go to numbers and sets anyway if I wanted

I think there's about three or so people on here with Durham offers. I don't know if they are internationals or not. I think the majority (like me) are still waiting to hear from them.

As far as I know deejay, fGDu and Themagicman have offers. Might be another person, can't remember.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4259
Original post by laughylolly
I think there's about three or so people on here with Durham offers. I don't know if they are internationals or not. I think the majority (like me) are still waiting to hear from them.

As far as I know deejay, fGDu and Themagicman have offers. Might be another person, can't remember.

:youbetcha:

Latest