The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Cheers.

I did, and in year 12. Perhaps I should have tried a little harder and I might have had a nicer offer. :p:

Are you going to go or were you just reapplying to see if you could get in?
Original post by maths134
Thanks =D. Im useless with updating it btw... anyway, if you wanted to know, Cambridge is my firm and Durham is my insurance =].

Alright, I can put that in for you if you want. I'm a bit bored so I thought I would tidy it up and do any updates if need be. =)
Original post by laughylolly
I would just like to remind people of our lovely Mathematics Applicants 2012 stalking page. Just want to keep it up to date as possible and quite a few people are starting to decide their Firms/Insurance choices so you can start putting them in there too. For a few people I've added some of their details (hope thats okay) as they already hadn't and just for the benefit of everyone so people know what places have been giving out offers etc.

I put myself in :biggrin:
Original post by TheMagicMan
Are you going to go or were you just reapplying to see if you could get in?

This is why I didn't state that I was reapplying on TSR from the time I found out that I had to... I'm reapplying to all of my Universities because I couldn't go to University this year. Cambridge was just a lucky consequence of a bad situation. I don't particularly want to share anymore than that. :smile:

Yes, I will try to go there given that I have the opportunity to do so. Since I was supposed to be going to Warwick anyway, I'm happy with either outcome.

EDIT: Nothing to do with my grades, if that's what you're wondering.
(edited 12 years ago)
This is why I didn't state that I was reapplying on TSR from the time I found out that I had to... I'm reapplying to all of my Universities because I couldn't go to University this year. Cambridge was just a lucky consequence of a bad situation. I don't particularly want to share anymore than that. :smile:

Yes, I will try to go there given that I have the opportunity to do so. Since I was supposed to be going to Warwick anyway, I'm happy with either outcome.

I'll leave it at that then

Congrats anyway :smile:
I'll leave it at that then

Congrats anyway :smile:

Cheers, same to you. :smile:
I put myself in :biggrin:

Great =). Wow 5 offers already? Congrats!

Also for those inserting their firm/insurance in the table if you want to put the offer in [square brackets] just so when you finally put in the result you can put in what grades you actually got and where you are off to! Be so cool to see by August where everyone is off to =)
I wonder what scenario could possibly stop someone from going uni, I've never imagined such a situation. Illness is only temporary so that can be ruled out. Given tuition fees are adding at least £27k debt to everyone's degree, finance can also be ruled out, and also suggests the severity of the situation. I'm guessing it's a grave family matter.

Also for those inserting their firm/insurance in the table if you want to put the offer in [square brackets] just so when you finally put in the result you can put in what grades you actually got and where you are off to! Be so cool to see by August where everyone is off to =)

Is there a possibility of adding a college column? I put it in the notes for now, but it looks a bit cramped! :tongue:
Original post by Agoodall777
Is there a possibility of adding a college column? I put it in the notes for now, but it looks a bit cramped! :tongue:

Yeah, it is rather cramped... only if you could make the tables wider? Lemme see if I can do something....

Edit: If you know the college code you could always put that next to the name of the uni where required?
(edited 12 years ago)
Sounds good, although that might involve looking it up, then everyone else looking it up in reverse ...
Sounds good, although that might involve looking it up, then everyone else looking it up in reverse ...

True... but then it shouldn't be too hard to see that someone has applied/is going to the same college as you as you'd both have the same college code. Or maybe I could put some links at the top to places where people can see the college codes?
Yeah you're right. :smile:

Or maybe I could put some links at the top to places where people can see the college codes?

That's the best suggestion!

How shall we present the college code? Where do you want it, and all that? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah you're right. :smile:

That's the best suggestion!

How shall we present the college code? Where do you want it, and all that? :smile:

Just next to the university name so like

E.g. Durham {A}

? I'll go find a page where it has all the Durham, Oxford and Cambridge college codes listed.

Edit: Found pages that have Durham college codes and Oxford college codes but yet to find one with all the Cambridge College codes on. Help anyone?
(edited 12 years ago)

EDIT: Nothing to do with my grades, if that's what you're wondering.

Oh wow! I always just assumed you went off to do what you wanted. Congratulations!! :biggrin:

Mind if I ask what the offer is? (Apologies if it's already been asked...)
Original post by Xero Xenith
Oh wow! I always just assumed you went off to do what you wanted. Congratulations!! :biggrin:

On his profile. :smile:

Congrats Farhan!
Original post by Xero Xenith

S,1 in II and III. :smile: Congrats on your 1,2 offer.
S,1 in II and III. :smile: Congrats on your 1,2 offer.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll see you there if we both practise enough :smile:

(...assuming you even need it :colone:)

Ooh congrats Farhan, as others said I had no idea you were reapplying :smile:

As general chatter, is anyone doing some STEP now or are people on hiatus until Jan exams are over? :smile:
Original post by hassi94

As general chatter, is anyone doing some STEP now or are people on hiatus until Jan exams are over? :smile:

:cool:

Latest