The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hassi94
As general chatter, is anyone doing some STEP now or are people on hiatus until Jan exams are over? :smile:

I'm leaving STEP to fester in the corner. Really gonna try and get an average of 93 in FP2 and M2 which clash next Friday! :eek:
Reply 4301
Original post by hassi94
Ooh congrats Farhan, as others said I had no idea you were reapplying :smile:

As general chatter, is anyone doing some STEP now or are people on hiatus until Jan exams are over? :smile:

I started to do some in the early winter...and then realised that I could do some...my skills weren't far reaching enough to complete a paper without a LOT of difficulty =P...then all the Cambridge interview stuff took over =P. I'm not worried about Further Maths and I already have an A* in Maths so I need to make sure I need to nail every physics module. I'd be SOOO angry if that was the reason I failed to make the grade. But after my January module...****'s gonna get real. STEP's going down. :cool:

Oh...and I have a Chemistry module in January as well I think. But my offer is only three A-Level grades and Chemistry sucks -trollface-
Reply 4302
Original post by Xero Xenith
I'm leaving STEP to fester in the corner. Really gonna try and get an average of 93 in FP2 and M2 which clash next Friday! :eek:

Hmmm...we have to do all 6 Further Maths modules in the summer xD...don't know which schedule I'd prefer =P
Original post by hassi94

I am currently in the process of trying to forget the step answers and doing some light uni reading :s-smilie: (and some C4/S2 occasionally :tongue:)

I have FP2, M1 and Core 3 all on the same day. Then Core 4 and FP3 on the same day... I'm sure that'll be fun :biggrin: :tongue:

Only M2 and Physics Unit 5 in June though so that's good :smile:

Original post by ben-smith
:cool:

Is that a yes I am doing STEP or not? :tongue:

Original post by SParm
x

Yeah I was a little like that, having only sort of covered Core 3 and not Core 4 at all I was able to do possibly 1-3 STEP I questions per paper but nothing more than that really. Haven't tried one recently so it'll be interesting to see where I stand come the end of January :smile:
Original post by TheMagicMan
I am currently in the process of trying to forget the step answers and doing some light uni reading :s-smilie: (and some C4/S2 occasionally :tongue:)

What do you mean by 'forget the step answers'? Have you like done all the papers and you're trying to wipe your memory so you can do them again or something haha?
Reply 4306
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
I got an offer.

Yee! Official congratulations then! :wink2:
Reply 4307
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
S,1 in II and III. :smile: Congrats on your 1,2 offer.

Can that be read as S in III, or is it necessarily S,1 in 2012.
Original post by hassi94
I have FP2, M1 and Core 3 all on the same day. Then Core 4 and FP3 on the same day... I'm sure that'll be fun :biggrin: :tongue:

Wow, that's tough! Are you taking some independently or is it your school's logic to do FP2 and FP3 at the same time as C3/C4 :lolwut:

That's a good situation to be in though, I'm stuck with four A-levels so I have a minimum of four plus STEP and maybe AEA :s-smilie:

Original post by SParm
Hmmm...we have to do all 6 Further Maths modules in the summer xD...don't know which schedule I'd prefer =P

Means you get to relax a bit now, which I'm very jealous of! But this way, we get some stuff out of the way. Lucky Hassi with his two June modules :rolleyes:
Original post by hassi94
What do you mean by 'forget the step answers'? Have you like done all the papers and you're trying to wipe your memory so you can do them again or something haha?

I went through all the papers last year (as there was a possibility that I would do them last year), so all I have untouched is the 2011 papers
Reply 4310
Original post by TheMagicMan
Mine was absolutely standard...A*AA 11

same:biggrin:

:woo:

More than what you expected, isn't it? You two are definitely in. :tongue:
Original post by Reminisce
On his profile. :smile:

Congrats Farhan!

Thanks! I'm sure I'll see you there if we both practise enough :smile:

(...assuming you even need it :colone:)

Original post by hassi94

Original post by gff
Yee! Official congratulations then! :wink2:

Cheers all. Best of luck with your offers. :smile:

Original post by Zuzuzu
Can that be read as S in III, or is it necessarily S,1 in 2012.

I sent an email earlier today regarding that but haven't got a response yet. I'm probably more likely to get S,1 in II and III in that order (if last year was anything to go off) than an S in III anyway but who knows?
Original post by deejayy
Exactly the same offer, I'm a bit miffed that maths doesn't count though. Hopefully see you at Queens' sometime!

definitely, would be gutted if i missed the offer, cos that would literally be a case of getting a foot into the door and then letting it slam shut on you... and break your foot off.
Original post by SParm

Oh dear!! I'd hate to do all 6 in june!! I'm doing further maths AS now in year 13 and in jan i have C3, FP1, D1 (plus english and german AS resits) then M1, S2 and C4 in june along with my other exams.......its not fun :frown:

Original post by hassi94

You would've though the people who make exam timetables would make it so the maths modules don't clash...... :/ Stupid!
:eek: How do you only have 2 exams in june?? What did you take for A2? I have 5 exams in jan and at least 7 in june..... :/
this summer I have (Maths-wise):
FP2, FP3, M3, M4, M5, S3, STEP I, STEP II, STEP III and the AEA.
Hmmmm, maybe I should drop chemistry.
Reply 4315

Why STEP I and the AEA aswell?

:O

So glad I'm in the Scottish system. Just three exams for me in May. Three hour AH Maths paper, three hour AH Stats paper and a two and a half hour AH Physics paper and I'm done!

Good luck all of you with exams this month though!
Original post by maths134
i get no help at school btw

Did you put this on your SAQ?

Cambridge run a STEP course at Easter for those who get no help at school. You could email your college to ask about it.
Eurgh, exams will be horrid this year - I have FP1, M2, M3, S2 and Physics this month, then FP2, FP3, M4, M5, S3, S4, D2, Physics and whatever STEP exams I decide to do.. Better stop reading through all this and get my head down ^_^
Original post by officeface
Eurgh, exams will be horrid this year - I have FP1, M2, M3, S2 and Physics this month, then FP2, FP3, M4, M5, S3, S4, D2, Physics and whatever STEP exams I decide to do.. Better stop reading through all this and get my head down ^_^

How long is an average exam?

Cause my AH Maths exam is three hours but it covers the whole course as opposed to one unit. I couldn't imagine doing 6+ three hour exams...

Latest