The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Really regretting haphazardly sending off my goldmans application now, there are a few errors in there and I could improve it so much now. I'm guessing that if you withdraw you can't resubmit it?
Reply 2261
Original post by Salvius
Just done the RBS logic test- was this solely those pattern sequence questions? It seemed very short...I'm sure i missed a section somehow?:s-smilie:

Anyone know what's happened with this? It's really bugging me...
Reply 2262
Original post by Salvius
Anyone know what's happened with this? It's really bugging me...

The logical is only 12 questions long, so no need to worry.

EDIT: and yes, it's only the patterns that are in the logic test.
Reply 2263
Original post by TomasK
The logical is only 12 questions long, so no need to worry.

EDIT: and yes, it's only the patterns that are in the logic test.

Ahh thanks! So if you do well enough on this round they ask you to do the numerical?
did anyone bother with Dear Sir/Madam and yours faithfully with their Goldman Sachs cover letter?
Reply 2265
Original post by Ram92
Unlucky :frown: Hope you get one of the rest.

When did you get your rejecteion for Deutsche and when did you do your numerical?
Cheers

I did the test about 5 days ago and the rejection came through today.. Didn't think it went that badly even though I was disturbed so might have just been a general dislike of my application / me :tongue:

What division are you applying for?
Reply 2266
Original post by Salvius
Ahh thanks! So if you do well enough on this round they ask you to do the numerical?

Yup, exactly. Logic, then numerical.
Reply 2267
Original post by TomasK
Yup, exactly. Logic, then numerical.

Thanks...Thought that the lack of numerical testing was a reflection on how badly i did on the logic test...which i have to say was pretty horrendous!
Reply 2268
Original post by Salvius
Thanks...Thought that the lack of numerical testing was a reflection on how badly i did on the logic test...which i have to say was pretty horrendous!

Pretty sure the numerical is only for GBM Markets. Banking doesn't have a numerical.
Reply 2269
Original post by miml

Congrats. When did you apply to MS/UBS? And did you have a telephone interview at MS?

I applied to both in the first week of Dec. Had my telephone interview at MS on tuesday. Got the AC invite in 3 days so pleasantly surprised.

I was rejected from UBS pretty much a few hours after taking the logic test.
Reply 2270
Original post by miml
Pretty sure the numerical is only for GBM Markets. Banking doesn't have a numerical.

I went for Markets...is there still the possibility of a numerical test then, if i didn't get to do the numerical immediately afer i finished the logic?
Reply 2271
Has anybody heard anything from Citi?
Original post by Salvius
I went for Markets...is there still the possibility of a numerical test then, if i didn't get to do the numerical immediately afer i finished the logic?

Numerical is delayed. Give it a few days.

Original post by Zynx
Has anybody heard anything from Citi?

Nope. they start screening in a week or two.
I think every test I've done so far I've gotten 15-18 (/20) so I'm not getting rejected automatically but they are only keeping me as a back up.....
Reply 2274
Original post by jevira
Damn, tried to sound a bit easy at my HSBC app. I failed. Haha. Straight rejection.

GS, BoAML, Nomura (99% rejection) and UBS (dito) left.

Sorry to hear that! Was it after the numerical test?
Reply 2275
Original post by EBITDA.3
Sorry to hear that! Was it after the numerical test?

At HSBC? No, they didn't even let me take the numerical. I gave some stupid answers on the questions in the application tool.
hey guys I want to know if were meant to write Dear Sir/Madam and yours faithfully etc on the Goldman Sachs 300 word cover letter??
Original post by jack_the_ripper
hey guys I want to know if were meant to write Dear Sir/Madam and yours faithfully etc on the Goldman Sachs 300 word cover letter??

It's a waste of words. Do it if you can fit it in. If not, don't
Original post by natashabedford
It's a waste of words. Do it if you can fit it in. If not, don't

did you do it??
Reply 2279
Original post by jack_the_ripper

I think you should be able to fit it in. You don't want it to look like a block of text, considering it is a CL.

Latest