The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

So I totally got emailed I've got another unconditional for my preferred course :h: so ecstatic - waiting for it to appear on UCAS then gonna firm it and send off copies of my certificates and hey presto!!! :smile:

Original post by paperclip
x

Thank you very much for taking the time to type this all out! Was very very helpful :h: although I've never been "signed in" when I've gone to visit my mates haha, oops! :smile:

Original post by Derfel
x

Ahh thank you! I thought it might get quite busy! Do you use any other gym in particular that you'd recommend? :smile:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 121
Original post by ironandwine
So I totally got emailed I've got another unconditional for my preferred course :h: so ecstatic - waiting for it to appear on UCAS then gonna firm it and send off copies of my certificates and hey presto!!! :smile:

Thank you very much for taking the time to type this all out! Was very very helpful :h: although I've never been "signed in" when I've gone to visit my mates haha, oops! :smile:

Ahh thank you! I thought it might get quite busy! Do you use any other gym in particular that you'd recommend? :smile:

My roomies and I use 24/7 fitness which is based in GunWharf, not too far from the Uni, costs us about £29 a month and has quite a few machines and isn't always busy.

There's also Fitness First, however that's in Fratton which is quite a while away.
Reply 122
Original post by Derfel
My roomies and I use 24/7 fitness which is based in GunWharf, not too far from the Uni, costs us about £29 a month and has quite a few machines and isn't always busy.

There's also Fitness First, however that's in Fratton which is quite a while away.

what equipment does it have? (not machines)
Unconditional for criminology and forensic science :biggrin: yey !! <3
Reply 124
Applied for Environmental Science, not sure what the grades are for it. UCAS went through mid December, still waiting for offer/rejection. Hopefully come through soon, guess it takes a while after holiday season! Anyone else applied for this? :smile:
I've applied to study forensic psychology and I'm still waiting for my offer :/. I do a BTEC extended diploma though so I'll find out my grades in june and be able to confirm accommodation long before the A2 results day. Just hope I get my offer!
Reply 126
Original post by ironandwine
Well done :h: d'ya reckon it'll be your firm?

Yaaay, well done! :h: Gonna be your firm?

:woo:

Harry Law :love:

One of best friends is there right now, and he loves it. Although for some lucky reason his kitchen is brand spanking new... the rest are all bleh, although not bad, just not all shiney and nice :')

I'm thinking of James Watson or Harry Law as well... did want to go to Bateson for the price, but the whole single sex flats put me off :unimpressed:

I know Harry law doesn't have fantastic kitchens, but I'm not going to be spending hours break my back over cooking! I like the buzz of having a kitchen shared between loads of people :P
And Yeah it's either Harry Law or James Watson, however many people want to stay in James Watson and single sex flats just aren't for me! I'm a bit of a tomboy :smile:

What are you looking to study?
Reply 127
BDD for English and Creative Writing - why is my offer so low?!? aha
Reply 128
got mechanical engineering (offer 220 ucas point)....also applied to sussex (offer = abb) ,loughbourough, brunel and newcastle.probably wont go there cause lived in pompey for most of my life and want a change of scene...
Reply 129
Original post by lesscommon
hi, ive applied for interior design, but still havent heard anything from them:/ when did you send your application off? :smile:

I sent it off on the 25th November and got an offer 3 days after :smile:
When did you send it off?
Reply 130
I'm still waiting for a reply, my application (History V100) was processed on the 5th December.

:frown:
Reply 131
Got a conditional offer just before christmas...

240 points for maths.

Hopefully I can achieve that with my 2.5 A levels. :smile:
Reply 132
heyyy as anyone applied for paramedic sciencd ??

Original post by Veee
I sent it off on the 25th November and got an offer 3 days after :smile:
When did you send it off?

ahh well done!:smile: ucas sent mine off on the 20th of december..
have you heard from any other unis that you have applied to?

btw, what kind of thing are you going to include in your portfolio? i didnt specialize 3D but ive heard that i need it for interior design so now im really worried:/
Anybody thought about halls or anything yet?
Reply 135
ahh well done!:smile: ucas sent mine off on the 20th of december..
have you heard from any other unis that you have applied to?

btw, what kind of thing are you going to include in your portfolio? i didnt specialize 3D but ive heard that i need it for interior design so now im really worried:/

Yeah, I have a conditional offer from Plymouth and Portsmouth, interview in Coventry, portfolio sent to Kent on 30th December now I'm waiting and rejection from Oxford Brookes. Have you got any offers yet? What unis you applied to?

I included paintings, sketches, pen drawings, life drawing, chalk/charcoal, monoprints, photographs, ink, pictures from my sketchbook and I have 1 3D work.
Hmm, I'm not sure for interior design but for architecture they just want to see you can work with different medium and that you're creative.
I included one 3D work and had no drawings of building and I still got offers :smile:

Original post by Veee
Yeah, I have a conditional offer from Plymouth and Portsmouth, interview in Coventry, portfolio sent to Kent on 30th December now I'm waiting and rejection from Oxford Brookes. Have you got any offers yet? What unis you applied to?

I included paintings, sketches, pen drawings, life drawing, chalk/charcoal, monoprints, photographs, ink, pictures from my sketchbook and I have 1 3D work.
Hmm, I'm not sure for interior design but for architecture they just want to see you can work with different medium and that you're creative.
I included one 3D work and had no drawings of building and I still got offers :smile:

ah i seee:smile: did plymouth asked for an interview before they give you the offer? im really nervous about interview and all that:/ nope havent got any offers or interviews yet.. i applied for interior architecture and design in middlesex and university of hertfordshire and interior design for portsmouth, de montfort and northampton.

what course did you apply for? are you doing a-levels at the moment, if yes what subjects are you doing, if not what course are you doing at the moment?

thanks! im just really worried but this makes me calm a bit:tongue: sorry fir asking so many questions:wink:
Reply 137
I already applied to study Criminology & Criminal Justice last year & have a confirmed place for this year (2012) as I deferred (slightly regretting). Anybody in a similar situation know what's happening with applying for housing please or any recommendations for halls? Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 138
ah i seee:smile: did plymouth asked for an interview before they give you the offer? im really nervous about interview and all that:/ nope havent got any offers or interviews yet.. i applied for interior architecture and design in middlesex and university of hertfordshire and interior design for portsmouth, de montfort and northampton.

what course did you apply for? are you doing a-levels at the moment, if yes what subjects are you doing, if not what course are you doing at the moment?

thanks! im just really worried but this makes me calm a bit:tongue: sorry fir asking so many questions:wink:

Plymouth asked me to submit a digital portfolio and Portsmouth gave me an offer straight with no portfolio or interview. Same with me I'm nervous about interviews that's why I'm not planning to attend my Coventry interview, I don't want to go there so I'll cancel it.
You'll get them soon :smile:
I recommend you not to go to Middlesex, I live in London and my college is not far away from there and the area and university are not too good.. What's your first choice?
I do a-levels in art, photography, media, communication and culture and you? What's your predicted grades?

Don't be worried, if you do art talk to your art teacher to help you with your portfolio :smile:

Original post by Veee
Plymouth asked me to submit a digital portfolio and Portsmouth gave me an offer straight with no portfolio or interview. Same with me I'm nervous about interviews that's why I'm not planning to attend my Coventry interview, I don't want to go there so I'll cancel it.
You'll get them soon :smile:
I recommend you not to go to Middlesex, I live in London and my college is not far away from there and the area and university are not too good.. What's your first choice?
I do a-levels in art, photography, media, communication and culture and you? What's your predicted grades?

Don't be worried, if you do art talk to your art teacher to help you with your portfolio :smile:

so plymouth didnt ask for an interview, just online portfolio then? im just too shy for interviews, im scared that they'll ask me trick questions that i cant answer haha

ah really? im actually debating on middlesex and hertfordshire. im actually going to the middlesex open day next wednesday, ill have a look around and see. i honestly dont think i'll be able to get into any uni so im happy to go to any really haha i just have a feeling that ill mess up my interviews lol

im on my 2nd year of extended diploma art and design, im predicted as DMM, what about you?

btw are you applying for interior design or architecture?

i tried to talk to my teachers but they all give me different opinions so im really confused, one the my teacher told me that life drawings cant be put in the sleeves in your portfolio cause they can only count as a separate thing, but most of the work i included in my portfolio are life drawings so that means i have to find some other stuff to put in:/ i dont know whether to listen to her or not:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending