The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TomasK
Yup, exactly. Logic, then numerical.

Really?

I did the logical test, passed and then had an email nine days ago telling me I've been invited to a face-to-face interview but they can't confirm when just yet. No numerical test.
Reply 2281
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Really?

I did the logical test, passed and then had an email nine days ago telling me I've been invited to a face-to-face interview but they can't confirm when just yet. No numerical test.

Well, that's what happened to me at least on the Markets side of things. And then same for the f2f thing.
Original post by TomasK
Well, that's what happened to me at least on the Markets side of things. And then same for the f2f thing.

Yeah my application is for global banking and markets, submitted xmas eve.
Reply 2283
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Yeah my application is for global banking and markets, submitted xmas eve.

Hmmm. No idea, must have been a glitch of the system for one of us. Either way, the outcome is the same so no harm done, but I have to say the RBS numerical was a bit challenging, because the difficulty varied greatly from question to question and some problems needed quite a bit of time to go over the calculations as they required exact answers.
Hi guys, my internet conked out in the middle of a numerical test - what do I do ?! :frown:

oh and it says I've taken my first attempt :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by awlright
Hi guys, my internet conked out in the middle of a numerical test - what do I do ?! :frown:

oh and it says I've taken my first attempt :frown:

I'd just contact Grad Recruitment and explain the situation to them by email, you can usually find the links on the careers pages. They're bound to have experienced this before and I'm sure they could reset the test for you?
Hi, i was pretty late with my applications but i did them seven or eight days ago. I haven't received an invitations to do RBS or Nomura online tests but i thought these things were automatic. Anyone in a similar position?
Original post by icancount23
Hi, i was pretty late with my applications but i did them seven or eight days ago. I haven't received an invitations to do RBS or Nomura online tests but i thought these things were automatic. Anyone in a similar position?

I applied over christmas and had to wait over a week for both
Urgent!!! what does Goldman Sachs mean by including spring dates on cover letter? and where do we find them??
Reply 2289
Original post by icancount23

Applied to Nomura in November, still haven't received any tests.
Urgent!!! what does Goldman Sachs mean by including spring dates on cover letter? and where do we find them??
Reply 2291
Original post by jack_the_ripper

As in your Easter holiday dates? Just look on your university's website...
Reply 2292
Original post by jack_the_ripper

Just means give them the dates that you're free. Take it easy Jack, don't go murdering anybody now...
Has anyone heard from like likes of Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, USB, Nomura?
Original post by natashabedford
Numerical is delayed. Give it a few days.

Nope. they start screening in a week or two.

Ive gotten Citi numerical test a couple of days back and Im not lying.
Reply 2295
Original post by laughforever
Ive gotten Citi numerical test a couple of days back and Im not lying.

ye got citi test too for certifcate in finance
Reply 2296
Anyone know if the PSL numerical tests (Deutsche, Credit Suisse) are marked negatively?
Original post by LawQC
ye got citi test too for certifcate in finance

Why u doing cert in Fi? Quest is much more useful I've heard...
Reply 2298
Original post by Michael XYZ
Has anyone heard from like likes of Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, USB, Nomura?

BAML,GS,UBS start looking at apps after the deadline - and I think none of them interview (but could be wrong about that).

CS have sent out telephone interviews to some

No idea what Nomura are doing, they haven't even sent me a test and it's been almost 6 weeks since applying there. But I don't think they've sent out any interviews.
Original post by miml
BAML,GS,UBS start looking at apps after the deadline - and I think none of them interview (but could be wrong about that).

I think UBS are giving out rejections already, some people have said they've got them after doing the tests.

Latest

Trending

Trending