The Student Room Group

16th Birthday Ideas? :O

Hi everyone.. :biggrin:

So here is my conundrum! My 16th is May 20th of this year, and my parents want me to start planning what I want to do.. :s-smilie: The thing is I don't know what I want to do, Mum wants me to start thinking about it so she can book things in advance, but I'm not sure :confused: You see I don't want a stereo-typical 'sweet 16th' and I have done things like Ice Skating, and Bowling you know stuff like that.. I mean don't get me wrong I enjoy doing those things, but I want to pull myself away from my comfort zone.. Also my friends don't particularly like Ice Skating (Too cold for them... :chicken:) and we go bowling and cinema on a regular basis..

Mum said about hiring a hall out and just adding a theme.. But I have no idea about themes either :P I really am useless.. Which is why I want your help :biggrin:

Please can you give me some Ideas?
Thank you!! :lovedup2:

LetterFlame

Scroll to see replies

For my 16th, I had my friends over my house for a a few drinks and some of them stayed over afterwards. A lot of my friends did that or went out for a meal which was good. I don't know anyone who hired a hall for their 16th but if its an option then definitely consider it! Choose a theme that everyone would associate with you, for example- any hobbies you have, or interests? For example if you liked films, you could ask people to come as film characterS?
You could do what I did and sit in your bedroom, staring at the wall and taking occasional breaks from that in order to cook pizza.
I'd suggest either a fancy dress party with a fun theme (I once went to an Alice in Wonderland theme party, which was cool) or going out for a meal at a nice restaurant. If you have a party, I'd say it's better to have it at your house unless you want to invite loads of people, as it'll be a lot more relaxed and much easier to organise.
Paintball!
Reply 5
Original post by bananabrain
For my 16th, I had my friends over my house for a a few drinks and some of them stayed over afterwards. A lot of my friends did that or went out for a meal which was good. I don't know anyone who hired a hall for their 16th but if its an option then definitely consider it! Choose a theme that everyone would associate with you, for example- any hobbies you have, or interests? For example if you liked films, you could ask people to come as film characterS?

Those are good ideas, thank you :smile: I was thinking about Alice in Wonderland, I'm a little spaced out like she is so that might be an idea to consider :P Thank you for your input I appreciate it! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Michael Locke
You could do what I did and sit in your bedroom, staring at the wall and taking occasional breaks from that in order to cook pizza.

Aww you did that? :frown: Well each to their own, but I do that at home anyway :P
Reply 7
Original post by whatsername2009
I'd suggest either a fancy dress party with a fun theme (I once went to an Alice in Wonderland theme party, which was cool) or going out for a meal at a nice restaurant. If you have a party, I'd say it's better to have it at your house unless you want to invite loads of people, as it'll be a lot more relaxed and much easier to organise.

Thank you! I was thinking about doing an Alice in Wonderland, but doubt my friends would want to they're boring like that :P a meal would be nice, more relaxed which I like :smile: Thank you for your input! :biggrin:
Original post by LetterFlame
Those are good ideas, thank you :smile: I was thinking about Alice in Wonderland, I'm a little spaced out like she is so that might be an idea to consider :P Thank you for your input I appreciate it! :biggrin:

Sounds good - at the party I went to the birthday girl went as Alice and the rest of us went as different characters. I was the dormouse :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Paintball!

lol! I would but I have done that already :P and most of my friends will be doing that this year too :P Thank you for the suggestion though :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by whatsername2009
Sounds good - at the party I went to the birthday girl went as Alice and the rest of us went as different characters. I was the dormouse :biggrin:

haha! Sounds like a right laugh, I can picture it now :P... Now where to find the floating cups and saucers... lol :biggrin:
Reply 11
I had some mates round mine for a barbecue and drinking session, weren't bad.

Wouldn't want a party in a hall myself, I've been to one and to be honest, had I not gotten wasted before it would have been far more boring.
Laserquest! My two friends are having a joint 18th and they're hiring the place out. Going to be so awesome
Reply 13
SEX!
Reply 14
Disney in general would be a better theme because there are so many more characters and people shouldn't go as the same character!
Some of the best parties I have been to though were just simple house parties and then order pizza or attempted to bbq..

But just make sure you have a good time!! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Megaross
I had some mates round mine for a barbecue and drinking session, weren't bad.

Wouldn't want a party in a hall myself, I've been to one and to be honest, had I not gotten wasted before it would have been far more boring.

You see I was thinking about that too, :P but our house is in a coldisack so people getting wasted and loud = angry neighbours :P
Reply 16
Original post by JesusIsMyHomeboy
Laserquest! My two friends are having a joint 18th and they're hiring the place out. Going to be so awesome

Awesome dude :biggrin: Sounds like fun, enjoy
Ice Skating Party at Queens. Thats what I did.
Original post by anuradha_d
Ice Skating Party at Queens. Thats what I did.

Hello Physics Lover :colone:

Also, I second ice skating its just excellent.
Reply 19
Original post by c1995
Disney in general would be a better theme because there are so many more characters and people shouldn't go as the same character!
Some of the best parties I have been to though were just simple house parties and then order pizza or attempted to bbq..

But just make sure you have a good time!! :smile:

Aww Thank you :smile: That might be a good idea actually, characters in general :P, I like house parties as well but this year I think Mum want's to invite loads of people of her own :biggrin: Besides our town doesn't like loud parties and stuff.. Boring isn't it xD Thank you for the ideas :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending