The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4360
Original post by deejayy
Anyone up for making a step preparation thread?

This is actually a brilliant idea =P...but are you sure there isn't one already somewhere in the forum?
Original post by deejayy

Believe it or not, I literally just came to this thread to suggest that. :p:

From what happened in last year's thread, I'd say it is probably worthwhile. At the very least, it's decent motivation.
What do you guys mean? Do you mean like: give me a clue for X question?
Original post by maths134
Thank you =D and I am on Edexcel

Ah, then you do need most of FP3 unfortunately :frown: on the bright side there's still six months, give or take a week or two, to prepare. That's plenty :smile:
Reply 4364
Original post by ben-smith

Yeah or maybe: try this question i really enjoyed it
or: hey you got any tips for mechanics questions?

e.t.c.

btw... I am planning to start STEP practise after jan exams? Not sure if this is the right thing, what are you guys doing?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4365

"I'm stuck on the second part of question p, paper q, year r. Any hints?"
Original post by deejayy
Yeah or maybe: try this question i really enjoyed it
or: hey you got any tips for mechanics questions?

e.t.c.

btw... I am planning to start STEP practise after jan exams? Not sure if this is the right thing, what are you guys doing?

Original post by Zuzuzu

OK well I'm up for it:biggrin:
Wait, you did one last year? I don't remember it...
Original post by deejayy

I've been doing them with varying levels of "me gusta" since September. Really the earlier you can start the better - NRich recommend December, Warwick recommend end of February. If you don't have many exams you need to revise for, go for it :smile: otherwise I think it would be best to either do STEP casually until the end of exams (i.e. one question a week?), or just leave it until you have time :smile:

In any case you'll be in a far, far better position than the people who leave it until summer exam revision time... :s-smilie:
Wait, you did one last year? I don't remember it...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29660764

Oh yeah.

Feel free to make the thread.
Original post by deejayy

I would recommend this, it really helped :yep:
Reply 4372
Original post by Xero Xenith
I've been doing them with varying levels of "me gusta" since September. Really the earlier you can start the better - NRich recommend December, Warwick recommend end of February. If you don't have many exams you need to revise for, go for it :smile: otherwise I think it would be best to either do STEP casually until the end of exams (i.e. one question a week?), or just leave it until you have time :smile:

In any case you'll be in a far, far better position than the people who leave it until summer exam revision time... :s-smilie:

Yeah I have been doing STEP I during autumn. I haven't attempted any STEP II yet, but I shall do as you suggest and try and do a question a week (I am worried I will get suckered in and stop revising for economics and just do STEP.)
Original post by deejayy
Yeah I have been doing STEP I during autumn. I haven't attempted any STEP II yet, but I shall do as you suggest and try and do a question a week (I am worried I will get suckered in and stop revising for economics and just do STEP.)

Hmm... if you're just starting STEP II "a question a week" might still be a lot during exam time! You could do a 45-minute "question session" instead - just get as far as you can with a question in that time. It's almost like exam conditions so you work better as well :tongue:
Tbh I'm glad now that I have done quite a bit of step1, even if it is just 1.
Original post by deejayy

Original post by SParm
This is actually a brilliant idea =P...but are you sure there isn't one already somewhere in the forum?

Original post by Zuzuzu

Made one here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35730585#post35730585

(but let me know if there's one already and I'll get mine deleted :tongue:)
Is it better to revise, or not to revise, in the morning for AM examinations?
Could someone point me to the MAT preparation thread (if there is one) or just some good resources to study for the MAT?

Thanks
Original post by Refrigerator

Original post by Refrigerator
Could someone point me to the MAT preparation thread (if there is one) or just some good resources to study for the MAT?

Thanks

Here is last year's MAT prep thread, though a lot of what was on there went beyond the level that you'll find in the MAT paper or at interview. A good resource is this, which contains the past papers and solutions.
Original post by officeface
Here is last year's MAT prep thread, though a lot of what was on there went beyond the level that you'll find in the MAT paper or at interview. A good resource is this, which contains the past papers and solutions.

exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Latest