The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olive12
How do you book post-offer open days? Do they come up on the myApplication site?

I also want to know this!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Olive12
How do you book post-offer open days? Do they come up on the myApplication site?

Yes they come up on the my application site in the little tool bar on the left.
For mine, it goes......personal details
Your message to/from kings
Interview invitation
Offer information
Post offer open day invitation
I think that they are all subject specific, so maybe the department you've applied to are going to organise one slightly later in the year.
Reply 22
Original post by Sailingslipelick
Yes they come up on the my application site in the little tool bar on the left.
For mine, it goes......personal details
Your message to/from kings
Interview invitation
Offer information
Post offer open day invitation
I think that they are all subject specific, so maybe the department you've applied to are going to organise one slightly later in the year.

Aah, I see. Thank you :smile: I'll just keep checking back then.
Reply 23
Firming Liberal Arts and then English Lit will be my insurance. Both at King's :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Olive12

Yeah, you should get a link along with your offer notice. I did anyway, maybe they havn't sorted dates for all subjects yet.
Might be firming for Maths with Management and Finance :biggrin:
Reply 26
Hey

Most likely will be firming King's for French and German :smile:
Reply 27
Which halls are people staying at? I am thinking wolfson, seeing as it's right next to guy's. I am doing med :biggrin:
Original post by rehma014
Which halls are people staying at? I am thinking wolfson, seeing as it's right next to guy's. I am doing med :biggrin:

Woohoo! Another medic! :hugs:
I'm defo going to be firming King's. I was thinking of Great Dover Street/Stamford street/Wolfson. Not too sure though :s-smilie:
Are you going to the post offer open day in March??
Original post by omgclara
Firming Liberal Arts and then English Lit will be my insurance. Both at King's :smile:

Same! Except my English Lit insurance is at Bristol. Anyone else out there doing Liberal Arts?

I look forward to meeting you come September! x
Definitely firming for French and Hispanic Studies, sooo looking forward to it! Living in London is like my dream :biggrin:
really want to firm for History!
just trying to sort out accomodation because I'm not guaranteed as I live within the m25 but I really want it :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
really want to firm for History!
just trying to sort out accomodation because I'm not guaranteed as I live within the m25 but I really want it :frown:

I have the same problem! I will probably have to privately rent :frown:
Original post by Olive12
I have the same problem! I will probably have to privately rent :frown:

ahh are you planning on going into like a private student flat or whatever? i don't even know where/how to begin looking! it's putting me off firming as well coz i really wanted the whole uni halls experience or at least some form of uni residence :frown:
Reply 34
Original post by JoshThePianoGuy
Definitely firming for French and Hispanic Studies, sooo looking forward to it! Living in London is like my dream :biggrin:

I am exactly the same! Same course as well :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
ahh are you planning on going into like a private student flat or whatever? i don't even know where/how to begin looking! it's putting me off firming as well coz i really wanted the whole uni halls experience or at least some form of uni residence :frown:

Apparently King's can help you get accommodation in the private sector if you don't get into their halls? I'm going to apply for accommodation anyway though and see what happens! :smile: We just get lower priority!

I know what you mean, I can imagine it would be pretty lonely away from everyone :frown:
Reply 36
Original post by Sailingslipelick
Woohoo! Another medic! :hugs:
I'm defo going to be firming King's. I was thinking of Great Dover Street/Stamford street/Wolfson. Not too sure though :s-smilie:
Are you going to the post offer open day in March??

Nahhhh Wolfson is like right next to lecture halls. It's like a minute walk! Would love that after a late night out. Yesyesyes are you? when was your interview?
Original post by rehma014
Nahhhh Wolfson is like right next to lecture halls. It's like a minute walk! Would love that after a late night out. Yesyesyes are you? when was your interview?

Haha, that is so true. It would be lovely to just roll out of bed and then go to lectures! I am going to the open day with a friend, so we may see each other there!!! :woo:
My interview was on the 14th Nov, and i got my offer in about 3 weeks. (After I had developed a very strong case of KCL track refresh syndrome!)
I just wish a-levels were over, I cannot WAIT for university to start. :party:
Original post by Olive12
Apparently King's can help you get accommodation in the private sector if you don't get into their halls? I'm going to apply for accommodation anyway though and see what happens! :smile: We just get lower priority!

I know what you mean, I can imagine it would be pretty lonely away from everyone :frown:

Yeah, I just don't want to be like in limbo at the beginning of term when you kinda need to make friends... I don't really want to not be knowing that I have somewhere to live!
:frown: so depressing, I wanted an offer from them so bad and now I can't even firm it because of the accomodation!
What zone do you live in?
(edited 12 years ago)
Unconditional offer for International Politics (applied during gap year).

Can't wait to start!

Quick Reply

Latest