The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2620
Just some thoughts from me regarding a few from the new season that I've now seen.

Definitely keeping on Another; I liked the premise (however outlandish) and the stylisation that P.A. Works have adopted. Having not read the manga or the original novel it's based on (which I consider a good thing), and the added ambiguity, it's difficult to say how this'll transpire, but that's part of the appeal of an anime like this.

I went into Zero no Tsukaima F reluctantly in account of the previous season (it's very indicative of its quality when the only thing I can literally remember, aside from Rie's squeals, is how lacklustre it was), only to be pleasantly surprised by how much I ended up enjoying this. It's nothing special, nor attempts to be, and it helps that I don't hate the characters. It also seems that there's actually a plot to speak of, which is good. I was planning to watch this at some point, regardless of whether it'll be weekly or not, but time permitting, I might stick with this while it's airing.

The same goes for Aquarion Evol; I can't say the original series was all that great (I can only recollect how cocky the protagonist was), but this turned out to be reasonably enjoyable, and the animation was pretty damn good. However, given how much I'm following at the moment (nearly 30 series!), I think I'll leave this one for a marathon once it finishes.
Reply 2621
Mirai Nikki 13:

Spoiler

Reply 2622

Original post by Aiko
Mirai Nikki 13:

Spoiler

one thing that would have made that part even better

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by vin

Spoiler

No hotlinking. :spank: Unless that's the face you wanted? :p:

Loved that episode of Mirai Nikki though, I can't wait to see how things will proceed after this. :excited:
Reply 2624
Original post by AngryJellyfish

No hotlinking. :spank: Unless that's the face you wanted? :p:

Loved that episode of Mirai Nikki though, I can't wait to see how things will proceed after this. :excited:

no not that:sad: try looking again now

but you've ruined the moment:mad:
Reply 2625
Original post by vin

Spoiler

Aha, definitely. However, while that expression has become iconic, it wouldn't have me laugh like this did:

Spoiler

Reply 2626

Original post by Aiko
Aha, definitely. However, while that expression has become iconic, it wouldn't have me laugh like this did:

Spoiler

that face just confused me :s: she just looks so ...normal there ...aslong as you ignore the setting and what her hands are resting on.:erm:
Reply 2627
Original post by vin
that face just confused me :s: she just looks so ...normal there ...aslong as you ignore the setting and what her hands are resting on.:erm:

I suppose that's her 'default' loved-up expression when she doesn't have murderous intent. :yes:
Original post by Aiko

I went into Zero no Tsukaima F reluctantly in account of the previous season (it's very indicative of its quality when the only thing I can literally remember, aside from Rie's squeals, is how lacklustre it was), only to be pleasantly surprised by how much I ended up enjoying this. It's nothing special, nor attempts to be, and it helps that I don't hate the characters. It also seems that there's actually a plot to speak of, which is good. I was planning to watch this at some point, regardless of whether it'll be weekly or not, but time permitting, I might stick with this while it's airing.

I actually said the exact same thing in my review of it. I ranted about how much I had been disappointed by the last season, but remarked that whilst it didn't have much new, it still had its charming quirk which did leave me laughing a few times and generally enjoying it.

I must say though, Zero no Tsukaima has the most un-convincing Harem to date.
(edited 12 years ago)
I finally finished D.Gray Man today... the abrupt non-ending was a shame, but the series wasn't bad at all. :smile:

I'm now watching Akage no Anne (Anne of Green Gables), which I'm already loving after two episodes. It's actually the first World Masterpiece Theater series I've picked up, despite having a few others laying about on my hard drive for a long time (Romeo no Aoi Sora and A Little Princess Sara).
Reply 2630
I finally finished D.Gray Man today... the abrupt non-ending was a shame, but the series wasn't bad at all. :smile:

I keep thinking about getting that show, as at the moment it's about ~25 for 8 DVDs or so. But apparently only half of the series was actually licensed, so I don't really want to end up with 50% of a show :mmm:
Original post by Truered
I keep thinking about getting that show, as at the moment it's about ~25 for 8 DVDs or so. But apparently only half of the series was actually licensed, so I don't really want to end up with 50% of a show :mmm:

Meh, I've watched all 103 episodes, and it still felt like 50% of a show. :giggle:
Reply 2632
Original post by Facticity
I actually said the exact same thing in my review of it. I ranted about how much I had been disappointed by the last season, but remarked that whilst it didn't have much new, it still had its charming quirk which did leave me laughing a few times and generally enjoying it.

Seems we're sharing the same consensus for this new season. :tongue:

I must say though, Zero no Tsukaima has the most un-convincing Harem to date.

Aha, indeed. Although, to Saito's credit, at least he's not completely useless and pathetic like the majority of male protagonists. :giggle:
Reply 2633
Meh, I've watched all 103 episodes, and it still felt like 50% of a show. :giggle:

That was the problem with D.Gray-man, the first 50 episodes or so were essentially filler, and it only really picked up in the latter half, especially during the end when it sadly ended without any satisfactory closure. A few long-running shounen series have suffered from the same thing, namely Reborn! and Fairy Tail, both of which didn't have the best of beginnings, but became considerably better later on.
My thoughts on Another ep 01. To summarise: my favourite so far and set to be epic. It even reminded me of Evangelion and thats a serious compliment from me. :coma: :sogood:
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou is hilarious. I was laughing a lot. With Sugita Tomokazu in it as well, I really just kept picturing Hidenori as Gin :rofl:

Great voicing, great comedy and its random as hell. I'm loving it. Even without the voicing, I'm reminded of Gintama. This one is a keeper for me :yep:
Reply 2636
Seeing as watching 30 anime on the go is practically impossible for me nowadays, I've made the decision to stall Detective Conan, Fairy Tail and Bleach for the time being while I focus on the current season. I was already behind on both Conan and Fairy Tail, so it doesn't really matter whether my backlog on those series accumulates. As for Bleach, even though it's currently canon, when compared to Naruto and One Piece, it's obvious which one of the three will face the temporary axe from my weekly list. Additionally, I've decided that I'll exclude Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 and Aquarion Evol with the intention to watch them in full at some point once they've finished airing. Of course, this is all relative to how everything else transpires. As it stands, I'm planning to follow 12 anime series from this new season weekly, but this may well change later down the road.
Chrome-Shelled Regios...anyone watched it here?
Original post by Dr_Alchem
Chrome-Shelled Regios...anyone watched it here?

I'm pretty sure some people have, I haven't yet though. It's been on my want to watch list for a while, however. :yes:
Reply 2639
I saw whilst it was airing. Cant remember an awful lot about it:erm:... it wasnt bad but didnt really excel in anyway. :hmmmm: Think it had a nice opening.:hmmmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending