The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MWM
I don't see what the big fuss is about, I choose not to tell people by college because I don't want to, it may be that the other person doesn't mind telling theirs so I ask him, if they don't want to tell me then that's fine.

The big fuss is you're being a secretive douche for no apparent reason.
Original post by tooambitious
MWM, hinted at who (s)he got an interview from on the camb pool thread...just sayin

It definitely Girton. Saw a post of his on Girton asking ECO students to PM him.

I don't really understand the secrecy, but his call :confused::s-smilie:
Original post by WalkerPrince
It definitely Girton. Saw a post of his on Girton asking ECO students to PM him.

yeah, lol thats what i saw
Original post by WalkerPrince

Because he's so annoying on here he is worried people might hunt him down if he gets in :colone:
Reply 7184
Original post by Scorcher
Because he's so annoying on here he is worried people might hunt him down if he gets in :colone:

I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?
Original post by Bud Fox
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?

PS congrats on Oxford! :smile:

watched
Original post by Dat Guy
They finally emailed me today. I honestly hope you get fished, it'd be nice to meet with as many economists as possible from here who are quite nice people (mostly :wink:)

HEY congratz on offer!! which college is it again??
Reply 7188
Original post by lordvulture
HEY congratz on offer!! which college is it again??

Catz
Reply 7189
Three econometricians went out hunting, and came across a large deer. The first econometrician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second econometrician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third econometrician didn't fire, but shouted in triumph, "We got it! We got it!"
Reply 7190
Experienced economist: "If you eat it I'll give you $20,000!"
Not so experienced economist runs his optimization problem and figures out he's better off eating it so he does and collects money.
Continuing along the same road they come across another pile of horse manure.
Not so experienced economist: "Now, if YOU eat this I’ll give YOU $20,000."
After evaluating the proposal experienced economist eats it and collects the money.
They go on. The not so experienced economist starts thinking: "Listen, we both have the same amount of money we had before, but we both ate horse manure. I don't see us being better off."
The experienced economist replies "Well, that's true, but you overlooked the fact that we've been just involved in $40,000 of trade."
Original post by Tateco
Experienced economist: "If you eat it I'll give you $20,000!"
Not so experienced economist runs his optimization problem and figures out he's better off eating it so he does and collects money.
Continuing along the same road they come across another pile of horse manure.
Not so experienced economist: "Now, if YOU eat this I’ll give YOU $20,000."
After evaluating the proposal experienced economist eats it and collects the money.
They go on. The not so experienced economist starts thinking: "Listen, we both have the same amount of money we had before, but we both ate horse manure. I don't see us being better off."
The experienced economist replies "Well, that's true, but you overlooked the fact that we've been just involved in $40,000 of trade."

Someone's bored of revision already! :tongue:
Reply 7192
Original post by jamiepango
Someone's bored of revision already! :tongue:

:erm: Just thought the thread needed cheering up, too much Cambridge talk, booooooooooooorrrrrrrringggggggggg :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
:erm: Just thought the thread needed cheering up, too much Cambridge talk, booooooooooooorrrrrrrringggggggggg :tongue:

So I've noticed! That's why I've been staying away... :getmecoat:
Reply 7194

Well let's get it back on track, could discuss the universities we do have offer from... Oh. Let's just avoid that topic all together, not like it's a UCAS thread or anything
Original post by Tateco
Well let's get it back on track, could discuss the universities we do have offer from... Oh. Let's just avoid that topic all together, not like it's a UCAS thread or anything

Awkward.... On the bright side, the 15th of January is nearing so hopefully good news beckons :biggrin:
Reply 7196
Awkward.... On the bright side, the 15th of January is nearing so hopefully good news beckons :biggrin:

Let's hope so :colone:
Reply 7197
Ok, quick question. I'm applying for 2013 to Cambridge/Oxford, UCL, Warwick and another two. Should I add to my PS that I was the leader of the team which represented my school at Junior Achievement Romania: Banks In Action?

as have I :tongue:

... but only because it makes me sad. My friend was rejected and two others were pooled :cry2:

My thoughts exactly! FIIIVE DAYS EEEK

Also has everyone seen the trailer for Margin Call and the Iron Lady? :mmm:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
as have I :tongue:

... but only because it makes me sad. My friend was rejected and two others were pooled :cry2:

My thoughts exactly! FIIIVE DAYS EEEK

Also has everyone seen the trailer for Margin Call and the Iron Lady? :mmm:

the iron lady is amazinggg, cried the whole way through. such an inspirational lady :smile:

also, hello fellow economics applicants :smile: just had my cambridge rejection and currently have no other offers, im sure everyone here is in a better position than me!

Latest

Trending

Trending