The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamiepango
Awkward.... On the bright side, the 15th of January is nearing so hopefully good news beckons :biggrin:

hey u from hk too? which college did you apply for?
LSE or UCL could make this week a lot better...
Reply 7202
Original post by Brand New Eyes
as have I :tongue:

... but only because it makes me sad. My friend was rejected and two others were pooled :cry2:

My thoughts exactly! FIIIVE DAYS EEEK

Also has everyone seen the trailer for Margin Call and the Iron Lady? :mmm:

Yeah I've seen Margin Call. Can't say it's very good.
Original post by aalex
Ok, quick question. I'm applying for 2013 to Cambridge/Oxford, UCL, Warwick and another two. Should I add to my PS that I was the leader of the team which represented my school at Junior Achievement Romania: Banks In Action?

Bit early to be writing a personal statement no? You haven't even sat your AS exams yet...
Reply 7204
Original post by aalex
Ok, quick question. I'm applying for 2013 to Cambridge/Oxford, UCL, Warwick and another two. Should I add to my PS that I was the leader of the team which represented my school at Junior Achievement Romania: Banks In Action?

Sure why not :P

Original post by emily_becca
the iron lady is amazinggg, cried the whole way through. such an inspirational lady :smile:

also, hello fellow economics applicants :smile: just had my cambridge rejection and currently have no other offers, im sure everyone here is in a better position than me!

I remember you from the pool thread :smile: I'm awaiting my post-pool rejection now too, upwards and onwards!
Original post by Dat Guy
Yeah I've seen Margin Call. Can't say it's very good.

Oh really? :frown: why so?
I remember you from the pool thread :smile: I'm awaiting my post-pool rejection now too, upwards and onwards!

Yup thats my mentality too :smile: just applied for feedback on my application, should be an interesting read! Where else have you applied again? :tongue:
Reply 7207
Oh really? :frown: why so?

Well, I was watching it late at night on a plane so I might be wrong, but it seemed cheesy and generally quite a boring critique of bankers' lifestyle. Acting wasn't exceptional, though I expected Spacey to pull it. The only thing that surprised was how much the junior analyst actually earns...

I'd rather recommend Moneyball, statistics in action! :smile: Also Drive is really good, probably film of the year for me, but I haven't seen the acclaimed 'The Artist'.
Reply 7208

Yup thats my mentality too :smile: just applied for feedback on my application, should be an interesting read! Where else have you applied again? :tongue:

Warwick, ucl, bath and Nottingham, chasing gap year schemes now though, what about you?

By the way everyone, I thought margin call was pretty good :P
as have I :tongue:

... but only because it makes me sad. My friend was rejected and two others were pooled :cry2:

Yes, it's sad to see people being rejected :frown:

Original post by lordvulture
hey u from hk too? which college did you apply for?

LSE, Warwick, UCL, Bath and Bristol. How about you?

Original post by WalkerPrince
LSE or UCL could make this week a lot better...

:ditto:
Original post by Tateco

Warwick, ucl, bath and Nottingham, chasing gap year schemes now though, what about you?

By the way everyone, I thought margin call was pretty good :P

haha we're very similar! bath nottingham and two courses at UCL, let me know if you hear (or have heard) anything from any...
Reply 7211
Scorcher
Bit early to be writing a personal statement no? You haven't even sat your AS exams yet...

I don't take A-levels. I take Romanian Baccalaureate in my country. I didn't start writing my PS yet, was just curious if writing that down would be a good idea.

Tateco
Sure why not :P

Thanks.
Yes, it's sad to see people being rejected :frown:

LSE, Warwick, UCL, Bath and Bristol. How about you?

:ditto:

oh thought you were applying to Cambridge, nvm, enjoy the liberty of staying away from the mental stress...

me - cambridge (pooled), LSE econ (not heard), LSE Maths + econ (rejected because of ps not mentioning maths :frown:), UCL (open day tomorrow), Warwick (offer)

I started out with UCAS full of hope, have to say this is ending a lot more terribly than I imagined :frown:

When did you come to the uk?? applying to any unis outside the country?
Reply 7213
oh thought you were applying to Cambridge, nvm, enjoy the liberty of staying away from the mental stress...

me - cambridge (pooled), LSE econ (not heard), LSE Maths + econ (rejected because of ps not mentioning maths :frown:), UCL (open day tomorrow), Warwick (offer)

I started out with UCAS full of hope, have to say this is ending a lot more terribly than I imagined :frown:

Warwick and UCL are quality mate. Well done. I'm bare jealous. Haha.

A lot of people would like to be in your position, me included. You have offers from very good universities.

Never left :cool: Nope, but considered HKU for a while...
Reply 7215
Any Hongkongese?
A lot of people would like to be in your position, me included. You have offers from very good universities.

Never left :cool: Nope, but considered HKU for a while...

oo u were born here?? CUHK is not too bad, and deadline is not over yet, a possible backup?? (im applied there after getting pooled)... only 20 quid application fee :P

Original post by jc092
Any Hongkongese?

yesssssss
Reply 7217
oo u were born here?? CUHK is not too bad, and deadline is not over yet, a possible backup?? (im applied there after getting pooled)... only 20 quid application fee :P

yesssssss

I have seen you on here for a while. Sorry for the LSE. Did you get fished by cambridge then?
Original post by jc092
I have seen you on here for a while. Sorry for the LSE. Did you get fished by cambridge then?

lol one of those lurkers :P nope, otherwise I probably won't be on here having a headache and not revising for my exams lol x
Original post by Dat Guy
Well, I was watching it late at night on a plane so I might be wrong, but it seemed cheesy and generally quite a boring critique of bankers' lifestyle. Acting wasn't exceptional, though I expected Spacey to pull it. The only thing that surprised was how much the junior analyst actually earns...

I'd rather recommend Moneyball, statistics in action! :smile: Also Drive is really good, probably film of the year for me, but I haven't seen the acclaimed 'The Artist'.

:lol: well its not even showing at my local cinema so... :rofl: guess that's a miss then. Oh! how much did the junior analyst earn!? DO TELL :colone: I wonder how many of us will be bankers 5 years from now

the iron lady is amazinggg, cried the whole way through. such an inspirational lady :smile:

also, hello fellow economics applicants :smile: just had my cambridge rejection and currently have no other offers, im sure everyone here is in a better position than me!

Most of it is fictionalised apparently though :tongue: but yes! Thatcher has been vilified for the past 3 decades with hardly any how she pulled this country out of the gutter. :huff: whatever happened to cost-benefit analysis eh

:five: aha no! I don't have any either and as rejected from Oxford :hugs: :console: yay fellow oxbridge rejectees. I think Tacteco is in the same position but he was pooled at Cam, so don't you worry emily... becca... whatever you name is :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending