The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xero Xenith
Made one here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35730585#post35730585

(but let me know if there's one already and I'll get mine deleted :tongue:)

Did you just get a Durham offer?
Original post by laughylolly
Did you just get a Durham offer?

Yep, just came through :smile: they seem to be very slowly trawling through the pile!
Original post by snow leopard
Is it better to revise, or not to revise, in the morning for AM examinations?

I never really do. Maybe some last-minute cramming from mindmaps or anything I can read in 15 minutes or less. I don't take kindly to mornings :tongue:
Original post by Xero Xenith
Yep, just came through :smile: they seem to be very slowly trawling through the pile!

Aw congrats!!

I wish they would show me some love too :frown:

I'll just keep on telling myself it's cause I'm Scottish...
(edited 12 years ago)
got a durham offer! came through tonight, applied for Hatfield and on UCAS it says I will be contacted by a college soon or something.
Nottingham Offer A*AB.
Hello, message to those who applied to Heriot-Watt . . . roughly how long did it take for a reply because it's been a while and I've still heard nothing. It's the place I most want to go!!

Please put my mind to rest :frown:
Reply 4387
Original post by sabellegroves
Hello, message to those who applied to Heriot-Watt . . . roughly how long did it take for a reply because it's been a while and I've still heard nothing. It's the place I most want to go!!

I applied to actuarial science there - got my offer in about two weeks. Applied end of October, offer the beginning of November :smile:
Original post by sabellegroves

Yeah i heard after about a week for my course having applied in mid november...

If you've only just applied though they may be busy with applications so just keep waiting :biggrin:
is anyone doing maths at queen mary's, reading, portsmouth and brunel?? :smile:
Reply 4390
still in the cambridge pool, the wait is the worst thing ever
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Nottingham Offer A*AB.

Thinking of coming Kings? :sexface:
Original post by cpdavis
Thinking of coming Kings? :sexface:

Wahey, wouldn't you like to know. :ahee: :adore:

I actually am. :p: Well, I'd be very undecided between St Andrews and Kings. They both appeal to me!

P.S Update your blog. I'm dying to find out more about the adventurers of Lone Wolf and his sidekick Companion!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4393
Imperial maths offer finally but also requires a 2 in step 2 or 3 :/
Reply 4394
Original post by Icefx

What about A-Levels?

also, did you state on your ucas form you were planning on taking Step?
Original post by Icefx

Wow, that's worse than Warwick. :/
Original post by Icefx

Congratulations on the offer! :woo:

Seems that there's been quite a few Imperial offers given out today... when did you send your UCAS off?
Do you think it's harder to get a 2 in STEP 2, or get a good enough result in the MAT for Oxford?
Reply 4398
Original post by Refrigerator
Do you think it's harder to get a 2 in STEP 2, or get a good enough result in the MAT for Oxford?

I guess you mean the STEP grade for Imperial? I haven't sat STEP yet, and I was unsuccessful with Oxford but the MAT is only one part of the admissions in Oxford. I guess if you got around 80 then you would be very likely to get in, and I'd say that getting 80 on the MAT is probably more difficult than a 2 in STEP 2, though the structure of these tests it very different. In the MAT you have to do every question, and in the STEP you get a choice.
Original post by Refrigerator

Original post by twig

^Ask this guy^

I would personally prefer STEP because the MAT is less predictable.

Latest